Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-15-2009, 07:56 PM   #41
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
mine wouldn't come off. i broke the mounts AND motor trying to pry it free. so if it doesn't come off easily... LEAVE IT.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:13 PM   #42
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
I had no issues taking mine off. I just grabbed it by the bottom and gently pulled up and out. They came off nicely.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:47 PM   #43
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
It must be the year of car or something...I'll hold off on that until I can figure it out.

In the mean time...I had an epiphany..."It would be nice to just plug this thing in instead of tapping into a bunch of wires"....so I did just that I took the part that the bulbs go into and ran 3 lines of solder two for the grounds and one for the power. I had to look at the drawing to figure which was which and then I marked them with sharpie red and black respectively. Below of some pics of just that....so now I only have to tap the hot wire on the signals...this is going to be a real easy install. Only problem I have had is that a bit of the glue seeped out in to the red lens...I'm hoping that it doesn't take away to bad but I'll see.
Attachment 6358

Attachment 6359

Attachment 6360

Attachment 6361

Attachment 6362
Old 04-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #44
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
looking good!
Old 04-15-2009, 09:55 PM   #45
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
looking good!
Thank you...I'll see how it works this weekend. I'll try to do a video with the camera...or my cell phone...and post it some where...I don't know...getting there...LOL

I wonder if this is going to cause any lights to pop on...I already have LED's for all my rear lights and get the fast blinking which I like...but I wonder if this will cause a light...can't wait to find out...if I get some good weather one day I get off work this wee I'll try it then.
Old 04-15-2009, 10:07 PM   #46
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
ha. exactly what i did... just solder the lines onto the existing copper signal wires.

speaking of which.. i gotta go take pics.

Edit: Alright. Heres my setup. Its not very bright from an angle... but its UBER bright head on. which... i guess most are.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #47
cherrington17
Gone

those connections got cleaned up and trimmed ALOT. it was rather compact when i finished. (the solder in progress pics are on my phone... i'm too lazy to get those)

from above or below.. its about as bright as the outer lights. from the center, its almost painful to look at.

its hard to tell w/ a camera.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:33 AM   #48
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

First I'm going to push for you to be banned for putting those pics side by side....LOL

That looks pretty damn bright to me...it is on the same level as the other brake lights...Looks really good! Where did you get that plastic material from?

I took mine apart and cleaned out the super glue...I will say this..using super glue isn't the way to go....any big drops will start melting the lense...just a heads up to those out there thinking of using glue.
Old 04-16-2009, 11:50 AM   #49
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Lonnie,
How bout you get off your lazy butt and finish this thing by taking pics. Then you can start on mine...HAHAHAHA
Just kidding.
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 11:52 AM   #50
PappaSmurf
GLS member

PappaSmurf is on a distinguished road
Cherry,
For using "80" (or a whole crap load...36) LED's that thing looks awesome. However lonnie is going to make it to where his blink with the turn signals...PPFFFFFFT! LOL
-Smurf-
PappaSmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:58 PM   #51
cherrington17
Gone

The original plan was started by yalero. He wanted it to do turning signals AND strobe(a la knight rider) when the brake was applied. He had a multitude is shorts, and scrapped it.

I got if from him, ripped his out(LEDs were red) and did it my own way.

Plastic is dremeled and drilled plexi.
Old 04-16-2009, 01:30 PM   #52
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PappaSmurf View Post
Lonnie,
How bout you get off your lazy butt and finish this thing by taking pics. Then you can start on mine...HAHAHAHA
Just kidding.
-Smurf-
LOL.....All done just got to install it...I've been sick for the last week and a half..so working on anything is hard.
Old 04-17-2009, 07:34 PM   #53
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Installed

Well the journey that began in the begining of the week is now complete, and I like it. Its not eye blinding bright but I didn't want it that way...I want people to be able and see the individual LED's, and I think I accomplished that. Here are some pics with out the signals hooked up yet. I actually have AVI video of the signals working I just don't know where to post them.

OFF
Attachment 6373
ON
Attachment 6376
All on..I wired the lights on the trunk to function as brake lights as well...but I did that along time ago.
Attachment 6375

Night pics coming tonight...if anyone want to get a copy of the avi's of the signals working pm me your email and I'll send them. Until I can upload them somewhere. Nevermind I uploaded the videos real quick..check them out.
http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/lonnieuptegrow/
Old 04-17-2009, 07:59 PM   #54
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
holy hell you need a resistor for your turn signals.

but other than that, looks damn cool
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 08:37 PM   #55
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson_waltz View Post
holy hell you need a resistor for your turn signals.

but other than that, looks damn cool
I like the fast flashing thats why I left it that way...LOL...but Thanks Here's a night video...and I know my video quality sucks, but until someone buys me a new camera deal with it...
http://s709.photobucket.com/albums/ww99/lonnieuptegrow/
Old 04-17-2009, 08:48 PM   #56
cherrington17
Gone

lonnie.. you fail.

go ungodly bright, or GO HOME.

(will watch videos when i get home)
Old 04-17-2009, 08:52 PM   #57
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
lonnie.. you fail.

go ungodly bright, or GO HOME.

(will watch videos when i get home)
LOL...if I did that it would involve allot more work , and tools I don't have. I made this with wire strippers, glue, silicone, LED's and a shoe box.....LOL.

You will here me fussing at my son to release the break..just disregard..LOL
Old 04-18-2009, 09:11 AM   #58
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Please delete this thread!
Old 04-18-2009, 09:26 AM   #59
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Please delete this thread!

whai? i want to do this also lol
Old 04-18-2009, 11:53 AM   #60
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
whai? i want to do this also lol
Its in the wrong place...I'm going to do a detailed how to.