Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 04-18-2005, 10:37 AM   #21
Alero04

exactly man. its ur car in everyway. too bad for them if they dont like it. ur insurance isnt gonna go up if u take ur emblem off...like comeon!
i do all those mods again and if they dont like it, tell them to pay for your car
Old 04-18-2005, 10:39 AM   #22
doubleN0alero
They call me 8 point!!

doubleN0alero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to doubleN0alero Send a message via Yahoo to doubleN0alero
Sometimes, parents are just being parents. I haven't lived with my parents for over 6 years now and they still give me a hard time when I buy something new for my car. Their resoning is a little different though....they would prefer that i save my money for a house rather than pissing it down the drain in a car...
Old 04-18-2005, 10:56 AM   #23
misslindseysue

So, you still live with them? They are your parents. Maybe you could explain what you want to do first and convince they it's alright before you did it. Or you could just listen to them. Call me old fashioned, but I lived by my parents' rules until I moved out. Thems the breaks, kid. How old are you, anyway? My parents didn't care what I did to my car when I was living at home at 23, but they didn't even let me buy a car 'till I was 19.
Old 04-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #24
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
haha... my parents yelled at me when i started doing mods to my car. The worse one was coming home with shaved door handles after going ot my buddy's house and doing them. They didn't car for the other mods besides telling me i was wasting my money. They bought the car for me as a graduation present. Everytime i come home with something new my parents just shakes their head now.. cuz they've been yelling at me for 4 years now.. hahahahha

I got pulled over the other day while transfers my license plate from louisiana to texas and i didn't have a plate on the car yet but I driving to the registration place. and the female cop (she was older like 40ish but cool) she says.. what kind of car is this and wheres all the emblems? I told her the truth.. I took them off and never put them back on. Then shes like.. ok. LOL
Old 04-18-2005, 12:23 PM   #25
Alerodude

well i took my emblems off again this morning...lol i decided to be a hardass im not gonna put them back on....ill probably put the cathodes back in but keep my corner reflector on just cause its more noticable.....
Old 04-18-2005, 12:35 PM   #26
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
my parents rant and rave whenever i do some kind of interior mod to my car. they always have and always will. its just a "cultural" difference between us.

... but as soon as i'm driving somewhere with my dad, he starts asking detailed questions about how i did stuff, cuz he'd like to do it to his suv...

its their house and their rules. they also funded half the cash for the car(that i'm almost completely paid them back) and its their insurance, so i can't do anything major like what pimpalero03 did. if i came home kitted and bagged, they would take a bat to the car.... i just live with it...
Old 04-18-2005, 01:16 PM   #27
Nik1128

That really sucks, man... The emblems though? That's crazy.

My parents are pretty cool. They bought me my deck for Christmas, and my dad was out there watching when I installed my speakers. I removed my emblems a couple weeks ago and they haven't even noticed... lol. I'm going to have to clear my corners on a day that they're both gone, just 'cuz I hate being interrogated. Probably the only time I will ever get a hard time for modding my car is when I start tampering with engine related things and most likely suspension too.

Oh well. I hope you get things worked out, dude.
Old 04-18-2005, 01:30 PM   #28
Alero04

am i the only one who likes the emblems??
Old 04-18-2005, 03:26 PM   #29
alero_ecotec
Special Agent

alero_ecotec is an unknown quantity at this point
man, i didnt realize you paid for everything.......i guess technically you could call the cops on them if they mess with your car after you've done stuff to it, but thats a little extreme, it would probably get a good laugh on here though
Old 04-18-2005, 03:55 PM   #30
RAVAGE214

My dads a machanic and has helped me with everoneone of my mods to date.
Old 04-18-2005, 04:47 PM   #31
AleroBloke

My dad thinks my car is bad ass, he helps me out with most of the stuff. Hell his old ass races me at lights sometimes, he drives an Audi A6..haha..he doesnt' beat me that much.
Old 04-18-2005, 07:50 PM   #32
Alerodude

Well I am about to start a car club around here but I wanted to fix my car up a little more first....I mean I know alot about cars but not the technical stuff but my buddy is like car phanatic he knows more than any mechanic i know and he is 16...sad i know maybe i live in a retarded town well infact i know i do...lol
Old 04-18-2005, 10:48 PM   #33
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
ya, my rents used to give me poop. they still do cause now the car takes up room in their garage.
Old 04-18-2005, 10:57 PM   #34
Alerodude

well we dont have a garage so its taking up their driveway....lol
Old 04-18-2005, 11:49 PM   #35
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by Alero04@Apr 18 2005, 11:30 AM
am i the only one who likes the emblems??

nope, i like my emblem. i am proud to display what i drive.............lol
Old 04-19-2005, 01:28 AM   #36
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
Damn, I guess I was lucky. I can remeber being around 8, I think, and going to the Super Nats in Coloumbus. In a 1938 DeSoto.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 08:00 AM   #37
Alerodude

well i am n ot ashamed of what i drive or anything i was juist going for a cleaner look.....no handles no emblems so on....just would look cleaner i guess.....
Old 04-19-2005, 10:49 AM   #38
snake_eyes2

All I have to say is wait until you get married! Cause then its not the threat of getting grounded its the threat of having to live with someone who wont sleep with you!! :P
Old 04-19-2005, 11:27 AM   #39
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Quote:
ya, my rents used to give me poop. they still do cause now the car takes up room in their garage.
Thats the biggest thing i have to fight w/ rents about.

And i've thought about taking off the hood emblem, but not the alero one on the trunk. kinda up in the air about it...
Old 04-19-2005, 01:21 PM   #40
Alero04

u shoud all be ashamed of urselves!! removing that classy olds emblem off ur cars!! be proud of what u drive! i LOVE that emblem!