Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2020, 09:02 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
That's shitty about the hose, but glad you've found a solution... did you have to reschedule the dyno testing due to this issue or were you able to make it as planned?

I sourced a 1-3/8" aluminum tube this morning and found a place that could bead roll the ends. I installed it with wide stainless t-bolt clamps. There is NO WAY it can slip off now. The hoses will burst before these clamps and pipe let loose.

I drove it around and it seems good. The radiator keeps things comically cool. The blow off valve sounds much cooler for some reason. The muffled air intake masking a lot of the turbo spool sounds must be contributing to it. Did a little pre-tuning to get the fuel a little closer to where it needs to be for the real dyno tune.

AutoZone IAT sensor failed though and its readings go wack half the time, so I went and got an original GM one. I think my original GM thread-in IAT lasted about 11 years.

So it's ready for tomorrow. Hopefully everything holds up and withstands the abuse of many dyno runs and I get good numbers. The car is currently in the most buttoned-up state it's ever been. It drives better than ever and has zero exhaust, boost, or vacuum leaks. Quite a feat for this car. Feels good and moves out.

Looking forward to getting a badass video and good dyno chart tomorrow. I have plans to hit 1,000 HP when the money's right, so I don't really care what it is right now as much, but it would be awesome to see 500+. I really should have the GTX Gen 2 version of this turbo, which is rated for significantly higher power, yet fits in the same size footprint. Might swap to that before I go all out on the 1,000 HP build just so I have more power.

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote