Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 06-26-2008, 10:42 PM   #1
Vinman
GL Member

Vinman is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Vinman Send a message via Yahoo to Vinman
Carbon Fiber

I can't find that c/f gauge bezel on ebay...is there something im missing? Can I get one from somewhere else?

Also, I was wondering if that e-brake boot material from aas would work (its the universal, i'd imagine it would, but just thought I'd ask). The boot has a rip and I think i want to replace it

What I'm looking to do, is a c/f bezel, c/f shift knob, and maybe c/f trim (I'm only finding stickers, and I don't really feel like sending my parts to get coated)

Thanks
Vinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:09 PM   #2
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
they dont always have the carbon fiber gauge bezel on ebay. it took me a few months to get my hands on one.

as fa as the c/f trim all you're gonna find is either the real carbon fiber dash kit(including the doors) or the fake c/f kit but they're all stick on. i havent found anyone who actually coats them yet.

so good luck and if you find them, let me know bro.
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #3
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
I can't find that c/f gauge bezel on ebay...is there something im missing? Can I get one from somewhere else?

Also, I was wondering if that e-brake boot material from aas would work (its the universal, i'd imagine it would, but just thought I'd ask). The boot has a rip and I think i want to replace it

What I'm looking to do, is a c/f bezel, c/f shift knob, and maybe c/f trim (I'm only finding stickers, and I don't really feel like sending my parts to get coated)

Thanks

RKSport might have some of the stuff you're looking for. At least the shift knob. The Bezel I've only seen on eBay.

As for the e-brake boot. I bought a CF one on ebay with a handle. I pulled off the CF boot and put it on my stock shifter. Worked pretty good and it was $10.

Use the search button, I posted a how to on it and you can see the pics there

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #4
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post

Thanks

RKSport might have some of the stuff you're looking for. At least the shift knob. The Bezel I've only seen on eBay.

As for the e-brake boot. I bought a CF one on ebay with a handle. I pulled off the CF boot and put it on my stock e-brake. Worked pretty good and it was $10.

Use the search button, I posted a how to on it and you can see the pics there

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 PM   #5
cliffordwoeller
You got beat by an Alero!

cliffordwoeller is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cliffordwoeller Send a message via MSN to cliffordwoeller Send a message via Yahoo to cliffordwoeller
well i have a question about cf also .....I have seen a few people at work that have cf... the deal is it looks like its hmmm has sun spots or just weather worn... does that happen to all exterior cf or is that from them just not taking care of it ?
cliffordwoeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 11:25 PM   #6
joserivas19
GL Member

are you talking about this kind of cf?????

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OLDSMOBILE-ALERO-1999-2000-01-02-03-04-DASH-TRIM-KIT_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ40017QQihZ017QQitem Z270248758257QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
Old 06-27-2008, 12:09 AM   #7
adam337
GLS member

adam337 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to adam337
speedhut.com has the carbon bezel. you have to ask them about it.
Lonnie: How would she feel if I took the booty one of the ladies has offered up.. What am I going to say... It's not my fault some gifts are better then others.
adam337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 06:00 AM   #8
Vinman
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post

I'm gonna get the shifter from aas, i hope it looks like the one pictured, it looks like the stocker only c/f
and i did abuse the search and i know theres a how-to on replacing the boot but i'll be dammed if i can find it

but i'll try those places everyone else mentioned

Last edited by Vinman : 06-27-2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 06:28 AM   #9
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
http://sites.google.com/site/aleromo...gauge-overlays
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 05:08 PM   #10
Vinman
GL Member

so i emailed speedhut, and they were pretty quick to respond....only a day...
so all i had to do was order there stainless bezel and in the comments put that i wanted it to be c/f and its the same price too which is nice.
so thats the first of several parts im gathering to spend a day or two on my interior.(shift knob will probably be next,then the e-brake boot, h/u, door speakers and carpet)
Old 06-27-2008, 06:10 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
sweet, lemme know how the boot(s) work out, i might be getting one
Old 06-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #12
Vinman
GL Member

I'm just gonna get the one for the e-brake.....though putting one on the shifter itself probably wouldn't be a bad idea...
now to find the how-to on putting in the bezel..(if one exisits, if not i'll just wing-it)
Old 06-27-2008, 06:40 PM   #13
[ion] C2
636 whp

i'll make a how-to today or tomorrow

it's really easy
Old 06-28-2008, 11:35 AM   #14
[ion] C2
636 whp

how-to's up, like i said, it's really simple

http://sites.google.com/site/aleromo.../gauge-cluster
Old 06-28-2008, 01:49 PM   #15
Vinman
GL Member

hey thanks for the how-to...wish there were some pics, but i know you've done this already and its kinda point less to take it apart and do it again....I'll put some up when i do this and maybe you can add them
Old 06-28-2008, 02:12 PM   #16
[ion] C2
636 whp

yeah that'd be great, i've had my cluster in/out twice and i don't feel like doing it again
Old 06-28-2008, 02:37 PM   #17
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
only twice? LMAO lazy. haha
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:38 PM   #18
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Hmm, theres a C/F dash trim kit? thats interesting.

On Ebay?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. I found a problem though, since I dont have power windows or mirror, and I also dont have foglights and I dont have a 4 doors, do they have kits that take this in consideration?
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

Last edited by Vinalero : 06-28-2008 at 02:48 PM.
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 02:47 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

some on ebay are real, others you can buy from various places. it's real CF, but it's all stick on, not sure how well that works/looks on our very rounded interior pieces
Old 06-28-2008, 03:06 PM   #20
joserivas19
GL Member

some of the dash kits that they sell, have covers for the foglight switch and for the power window holes. you just have to look carefully and/or contact them and ask if their product comes with the covers.