Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 07:39 AM   #21
flalero

Quote:
Originally posted by 14alero@May 20 2006, 01:33 PM
which im sure 14alero doesnt Whats that supposed to mean ?They handle like a dream i didnt rig them up, the fit on the strut just fine and i didnt have to cut anything either and yes i used kyb struts and they ride good real good to my opinion

So, they are not really coilovers at all, they are just springs with an adjustable perch? :Noooo:

Old 05-21-2006, 09:30 AM   #22
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
are you referring to these from ebay? i ALWAYS heard they were junk. correct me if i'm wrong.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/95-01-CHEVY...sspagenameZWDVW
Old 05-21-2006, 11:44 AM   #23
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by violentrapture@May 20 2006, 11:46 PM
hm, interesting - I wouldn't mind being that low. Any chance you want to build another set?

~vR

i might be up for it. if brent was out, we could put em on before ASS too. i dunno if just with the 3(you, me, and richie) if we could do both the dash and the coilovers.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #24
14alero
V.I.P. Member

14alero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to 14alero
yeah 2fst for you yeah thats them they werer made for a 2000 Chevy Cavalier they bolt right up and give you a drop and the ride isnt that bad either
Old 05-21-2006, 02:24 PM   #25
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
there is NO WAY that cavy coils give u enuff drop to tuck tire. infact i dont think they will drop u period. we have used cavy coils befor and they dont drop the car without getting rid of the perch.

enuff talk about all this lets see some pictures........ thats the only thing that will make me a believer.

Old 05-21-2006, 03:10 PM   #26
14alero
V.I.P. Member

okay I lie its so low i cant get a jack underneath the car to raise it up and turn the coilovers up or down
Old 05-21-2006, 03:11 PM   #27
sound_xtreme
GLS member

Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
i could barely fit a jack under mine when i had eibachs, and those give the least amount of drop. i had to drive my alero up 3-4" mini ramps and my jack still barely fit. i had to kind of ram it under it. lets see some pics.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:08 PM   #28
14alero
V.I.P. Member

What ever Brent and Joel you guys act like your are the only ones that can modify Aleros But remember you guys started out once to modifying Aleros But all of us arent Genuis like you
Old 05-21-2006, 04:20 PM   #29
SweetNLow
GLS member

SweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond reputeSweetNLow has a reputation beyond repute
dude its obvious u have no clue what your talkin about. i hope your your new coilovers dont end up killing you.... you dont even know what a bearing plate is.

and once again..... lets see some pictures

Old 05-21-2006, 04:22 PM   #30
SweetNLow
GLS member

WE HAVE A WINNER FOLKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

straight from an AIM conversation:

alero142003: im not going tio lie i havent did the fronts only the backs

Old 05-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #31
14alero
V.I.P. Member

your Cool Brent didnt i remember you had Coilovers on your car once and i forgot you cant even hook your own year if it wasnt for Joel you wouldnt know how to work on your car :owned:
Old 05-21-2006, 04:26 PM   #32
SweetNLow
GLS member

dude learn how to talk/type..........

lets try that one more time........ what are u trying to rip on me for?

Old 05-21-2006, 04:27 PM   #33
14alero
V.I.P. Member

You cant even work on your own car Without Joels help Who Hooked your Air up?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:35 PM   #34
SweetNLow
GLS member

not that your attempted insult at me even dignifies a response but.......

ive learned afew things from joel along the way. but for the most part..... we have learned about things together at the same time. we ment becuase he offered to help me put coilovers on my car almost 4 years ago now...... he had about as much of a clue about what we were doing as i did. but we figured things out and learned together. people jsut always assume hes the genious causes he more helpful and people friendly...... well most of the time anyways haha.

and with my airset up....... well we installed joels airride first....... and while joel had a better idea about what we were doin...... neither of us were postive as to weather or not the thing would actually work. i woudl go into more detail with you but you would have no clue as to what im talking about. basically his system was all pieced together.

but we got his air ride on and it worked with NO PROBLEMS the first time. we were amazed. but it was a team effort. then when it came time to install my air ride we were able to blaze threw it and install the entire air suspenion in about 6 hours.

say what you want....... joel has his strang points and i have mine..... we are friends and work together. we are some jackasses working in a garage putting coilovers on a car like some monkeys then posting that we have them on the car when in fact we only have the rears on.

have fun putting the coilovers on the front. because when u get them on the car u will seee that the car will be sitting higher than stock in the front. you dont need to modify the rears to get a drop but the same cant be said for the front. but then again i dont know what im talkin about..... right?

Old 05-21-2006, 05:18 PM   #35
14alero
V.I.P. Member

did joel tell you to say that
Old 05-21-2006, 05:19 PM   #36
Molson
V.I.P. Member

Molson is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Molson Send a message via MSN to Molson
I can't get a jack under my car and I only have ST springs. so if its that low, you may have gotten a 1.5 - 2 inch drop, hardly tucking tire. Beh meh, what do I know.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:23 PM   #37
sound_xtreme
GLS member

he hasnt even done the front so it's all besides the point. the rears will work OK with the perch still intact.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:26 PM   #38
SweetNLow
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Molson@May 21 2006, 05:19 PM
I can't get a jack under my car and I only have ST springs. so if its that low, you may have gotten a 1.5 - 2 inch drop, hardly tucking tire. Beh meh, what do I know.

apparently as much as i do. 14alero is just another example of a dude with no clue who thinks his car is the bomb diggity but yet everyone points and laffs as he drives by

Old 05-21-2006, 05:31 PM   #39
14alero
V.I.P. Member

I dont thin kmy cars the best at all But its funny every time someone Posts something about there ride you talk so much s*** about it when someone talks about you car you get so pissed off Lets keep this on track i like my coilovers and yes i really know why you were Banned the first time on here
Old 05-21-2006, 05:41 PM   #40
SweetNLow
GLS member

i get pissed when someone talks about my car? where/when? dude i could care less what people think about my car.

and you dont have coilovers. you have coilovers on the rear and stock suspension up front. and prolly within the next week you will have stock suspension on the front and rear cause you will realize you cant jsut throw shet on your car and expect it to work when its not made for your car. happy motoring!

Closed Thread