Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 09-28-2011, 08:42 AM   #1
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
JVC headunits.

Anyone on here using or has used a JVC headunit. Getting a new headunit today and I was looking at getting a JVC headunit with a blue tooth adapter.

Headunit:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JVC+-+50...st=/&cp=1&lp=2

Blue tooth adapter:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JVC+-+Bl...-1681-2416-0-1
Old 09-28-2011, 12:42 PM   #2
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Nevermind I picked them up anyway, and if I don't like it I can return it in 30 days.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:26 PM   #3
jawa
Powered by LX9

jawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond reputejawa has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to jawa
o hade a jvc in my car before i went to touch screen, it was a nice unit and sounded good, you will be happy with it

jawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:20 PM   #4
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Im a big fan of JVC heads. Especially those with 24 bit DAC resolution!

The cheaper ones are just that, but OK still. They look a little cheesey but operate better than the low end Pioneers as far as Im concerned.
Old 09-28-2011, 11:14 PM   #5
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
I have had a multitude of different versions, from cheap $60 units to $400 units and all have been great, with obvious differences according to price range!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 11:38 PM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Personally I'm a kenwood guy all the way for headunits. Alpine would be my second choice. I don't care for the jvc's and hate Sony and pioneer. It's all a matter of what your doing with it and what you want out if though. My brother had one for a while and liked it. Their a decent brand.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 08:02 AM   #7
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Im a big fan of JVC heads. Especially those with 24 bit DAC resolution!

The cheaper ones are just that, but OK still. They look a little cheesey but operate better than the low end Pioneers as far as Im concerned.
Gotcha...luckily this is one of their 2011 models which all have 24 bit DAC...It falls in there mid range level head units 4th in price point...the only difference between the 620 which cost a bit more than the 520 is the selectable colors, and steering wheel control. Didn't need either of those options

Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
I have had a multitude of different versions, from cheap $60 units to $400 units and all have been great, with obvious differences according to price range!
Interesting that you say that cause when I look at the specs on the one I got and the ones above it there weren't many major differences...for example the 820BT which is the highest at 220 only includes the Blue tooth and has a different 24bit Dac while I was able to buy the 520 and get the adapter for 143. Makes you think about what all the extra money is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa Rad17 View Post
Personally I'm a kenwood guy all the way for head units. Alpine would be my second choice. I don't care for the jvc's and hate Sony and pioneer. It's all a matter of what your doing with it and what you want out if though. My brother had one for a while and liked it. Their a decent brand.
I honestly thought about Sony and Pioneer...Alpine and kenwood never crossed my mind for whatever reason. Any bad experience with JVC? Now first you should know that I had a Dual head unit in my car and I can hear Ryan cussing me out now...but I like it and it did the what I needed it to do aside from not having a dimmer for those bright ass lights, and the fact that the ribbon cable from the control head to the receiver was complete bull shit meaning after about 2yrs the buttons and everything stopped working.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:27 AM   #8
mmorello82
GX Member

mmorello82 is on a distinguished road
I have a JVC I bought last year from crutchfield for my Alero. It came with free JVC 6x9s too. Sounds great and has built in bluetooth. Paid about 270. Check into it. You'd be impressed
mmorello82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:45 AM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmorello82 View Post
I have a JVC I bought last year from crutchfield for my Alero. It came with free JVC 6x9s too. Sounds great and has built in bluetooth. Paid about 270. Check into it. You'd be impressed
Wow...270...you don't know how cheap I am...lol...but I already picked one up...Thanks though...I'll post a pic or something.
Old 09-29-2011, 09:52 AM   #10
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Almost done with the wiring, but my jack ass ran out of crimp caps...got to come up with something to mount the Blue tooth adapter but other than that it is a done deal.
Newradio1a.jpg

Newradio2a.jpg
Old 10-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #11
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
TBH I don't like the 520.. the USB navigation isn't as easy as other units in the same price range.

However that's the only downfall I've found, should be a good setup for ya.

I usually suggest this BT JVC when someone's looking for BT... it's a solid unit.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/JVC+-+50...c&cp =1&lp=13
Old 10-02-2011, 01:44 PM   #12
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post
TBH I don't like the 520.. the USB navigation isn't as easy as other units in the same price range.

I usually suggest this BT JVC when someone's looking for BT... it's a solid unit.
I've noticed that....so far it has been great though...the additional features of the 820BT are cool, but I didn't want to put anymore $ into a headunit then I did. Thanks for knowledge.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:23 PM   #13
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Most of the DACs now days are 1 bit with 24 bit resolution- not a true 24 bit.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:48 PM   #14
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutch1 View Post

LOL I just bought this HU on Friday...Paid 200 Canadian at Future Shop. I havent figured everything out yet but I gotta say I like it more then my old Panasonic HU from 2006.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 09:32 PM   #15
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
when I was mentioning my differences, I was speaking right from the base model, top loading cd player, to the full dvd in dash screens etc... hence the $60-$400 price range lol... there are a few model lines that have very few differences other than price and one or two small things... like you mentioned lol
glad you are happy with yours, btw, I have the same remote for mine lol... so far it has worked for 3 different jvc decks!!

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 08:22 AM   #16
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan from Ohio View Post
Most of the DACs now days are 1 bit with 24 bit resolution- not a true 24 bit.
This is probably best anyway right...it would covert the bits more accurately right?

Quote:
when I was mentioning my differences, I was speaking right from the base model, top loading cd player, to the full dvd in dash screens etc... hence the $60-$400 price range lol... there are a few model lines that have very few differences other than price and one or two small things... like you mentioned lol
glad you are happy with yours, btw, I have the same remote for mine lol... so far it has worked for 3 different jvc decks!!
Gotcha...now you have to find a friend with a JVC deck and screw with them.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:11 AM   #17
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Quote:
I have the same remote for mine lol... so far it has worked for 3 different jvc decks!!

They haven't changed the design of the remote in atleast 5-6 years...my friend bought his JVC deck back then and his remote is identical to mine...kind of sad isnt it? They could have atleast made it look a bit more different and still keep the same internal components.

Old 10-03-2011, 03:14 PM   #18
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

Either I have really really big hands or this is the smallest remote on the planet...lol
Old 10-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #19
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
Either I have really really big hands or this is the smallest remote on the planet...lol

No kidding..

Old 10-04-2011, 07:59 PM   #20
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonnie View Post
This is probably best anyway right...it would covert the bits more accurately right?

In theory. 1bit DAC with 24 bit resolution is just that. Through software coding they are making the 1bit DAC process as much as a 24bit.

If you really get technical Im sure its not as good, but practical (with your ears) you wont notice a difference at all.