Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 08-25-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Stuck

Okay so I no longer have the alero and need to have a dual 12" down firing box in my truck but the box has a max mounting depth of 6.5" per speaker. The infinity kappa perfect 12s I have require 7". Suggestions?

I have thought maybe adding a half inch ring when I mount them but is there a better way?

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Cashdollar2009
GL Member

Cashdollar2009 is on a distinguished road
When you say you may add a half inch ring, it sounds like you already have the box? If so, and you do not want to sell those subs and go with a different size driver, then some sort of spacer or another baffle to mount over the hole and the sub to that is about your only option.

If you do not have the box, and do not want to build it yourself, then why wouldn't you look around for another box? lol

And possibility 3, if that box already meets your maximum dimensions, putting a spacer to make the sub stick farther from the box may cause the surround or and other part of the woofer to rub on the floor while playing, and could lead to mechanical failure.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Space allowed is taken up by the box. Except I believe the box rests on the center so the speakers "float" in a way. They would have a little room but yeah I hear ya.

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote