Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-13-2011, 11:49 PM   #41
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
The copper spray melt at a lower temp to form a secure seal when cooling?

If you need some heat wrap I can send you some. It was hard to find here in El Paso but you may have an easier time of it where you are.
Old 05-13-2011, 11:55 PM   #42
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
The copper spray melt at a lower temp to form a secure seal when cooling?
Copper spray fills in the gaps and allows for slight movement to help with the shearing forces that come into play from the aluminum head/iron block combination with a metal gasket. All I know is copper spray is recommended by everyone for Cometic gaskets. It seems to make the chance of success nearly 100%, whereas putting it on with only the tiny, tiny layer of fluoroelastomer gives you a 50/50 chance of it sealing. Here's to hoping it finally gets sealed up..
Quote:
Originally Posted by XanderWiFi View Post
If you need some heat wrap I can send you some. It was hard to find here in El Paso but you may have an easier time of it where you are.
It's all over here. I already have DEI heat sheaths for the oil feed and drain hoses. I have my coolant hoses near the downpipe wrapped in reflective tape, and I'm going to get a sheet of insulated shiny stuff to replace the torn up ugly fiberglass stuff on the firewall.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 05:52 PM   #43
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
hey c2 wat size bolts did u use to lock in the cam gears??
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2011, 09:33 PM   #44
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
8mm diameter

car's almost done

Both cam sprockets are on, pic taken when there was still some light out.

It'd be so great if, for once, I could just drive my car and not worry about the temperature being too high, or blowing out all my coolant during/after any high RPM activity... everything should be perfectly set up this time (minus something peculiar I noticed on the head surface around the combustion chambers, I'll show you what I mean if there's issues)..
Old 05-15-2011, 07:57 AM   #45
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
You need to clean your engine bay:P

Anyway... Did you fab. up those strut bar mounting plates yourself?
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:13 AM   #46
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
you need more brake fluid by the looks of it lol
Old 05-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #47
[ion] C2
636 whp

Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
Did you fab. up those strut bar mounting plates yourself?
My welder friend did, had to move the strut bar forward with the GT3076R because it didn't clear going between the 2 bolts.
Old 05-15-2011, 05:53 PM   #48
[ion] C2
636 whp

It's been raining hard all day, and I've been outside laying on the ground putting on the timing stuff and finishing up this job. What a bitch. I changed twice already.

Back in time..

Fluids in. Going to crank it a few times to get things circulating, then turn on the fuel and spark and see what happens.

Hope it runs smooth, no vacuum leaks, no overheating/coolant blow out...
Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #49
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
I do like the strut mount plates I think I will have some made up at work. They have a laser cutter I'm thinking stainless
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:47 PM   #50
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXManwhoreXx View Post
Not feeling the log manifold man when you gonna upgrade!

He'll make plenty of power with the log.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2011, 08:51 PM   #51
[ion] C2
636 whp

Now that I fixed the exhaust leak at the wastegate, it seems to really have more pep in the low end haha.

I drove it home just now. Not optimistic about it being fixed though. I should've had the head machined again. I'll know for sure after I check the cylinders tomorrow afternoon with it sitting overnight.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:15 PM   #52
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
This has to be..... at least.... the 5th time I've heard Ion say "i fixed X and it seems to have more pep in Y end"

and... probably the 3rd time he was talking about his car.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #53
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
You should be fine now with the copper spray. I've done alot of reading on this issue's.

It was said the Cometic company said not to use copper spray on there gaskets....well everyone seems to have issues when they don't. So everyone turns around and uses the spray and NO LEAKS!

I too plan to go with a cometic and some copper spray.

Good luck

Last edited by DOHC_tuner : 05-18-2011 at 05:08 PM.
DOHC_tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2011, 06:00 PM   #54
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah so far so good. Things are dry, pressure is held.. coolant temperature likes to stay around 190-196, max 200 in severe stop and go traffic..