Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-23-2007, 08:01 PM   #41
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyhunter View Post
You're supposed to search, how do you think I managed to figure all this stuff out? Just asking for everybody to answer for me? I've had people volunteer more WRONG answers to me than right ones. DOHC_Tuner is always willing to provide an answer, but his grasp on things isn't all that good from what I have been seeing. So you have to search around talk with people that actually DO know, and come up to what works out best for you.

A M E N!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #42
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
High compression pistons and the 086 head don't mix unless you also plan to run C16 on a daily basis. It's either one or the other and then you'll need to use 91 or 93 octane, whichever one is the highest you can get. Also, when you raise the compression, boost is pretty much out of the question.

So you can A) raise the compression with either the 086 head or high compression pistons and go all motor or B) keep stock or drop compression and go with boost.

I'm not trying to steer you away or anything, but the 086 head is not the hands down answer to a high flowing head. Getting the stock head ported will provide much better flow than the 086 and you won't have to worry about all the problems with high compression or thicker head gaskets. There's also other cam options out there, so you're not limited to only the HO or secret cams.
The 086 head stock will out flow a 2.4 ported and polished, check the flow numbers.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 PM   #43
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
yeah i figured that but i was hoping maybe some one had a link to a place i could buy the cam... i searched for four hours today on my laptop and basically wanted to throw it out the window. I went to GM parts Direct but the engine code on the 2.3 they had was "d" and i think its supposed to be an "A" ... or am i wrong and thats the cam i want? cause if it is the one i want... i want those 3:55 minutes of my life back but yeah i plan on buying the HPtuner and yeah if you can send the gm flash that would be pretty f-ing hot LOL

dood you might have been looking for 4 hours but you have no idea what the hell your looking for.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17747

http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...25334&t=325334

http://www.n-body.net/forums/viewtop...ht=secret+cams

For this swap you need the 95 2.3L intake camshaft, *VIN D #24574239 and the LO (LD2) 93-94 Quad 4 exhaust cam, *VIN D #24570698.
Old 05-23-2007, 08:38 PM   #44
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Headstrong2740 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
dood you might have been looking for 4 hours but you have no idea what the hell your looking for.

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17747

http://www.quad4forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=694

http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.ph...25334&t=325334

http://www.n-body.net/forums/viewtop...ht=secret+cams

For this swap you need the 95 2.3L intake camshaft, *VIN D #24574239 and the LO (LD2) 93-94 Quad 4 exhaust cam, *VIN D #24570698.

haha i thought so.. i have the right exhaust... but wow i did find the right intake.. just for some reason i could have sworn it was supposed to be a VIN A... haha oops!! lol no wonder it was not coming up... well guess ill be ordering that now......

Headstrong2740
LOL

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2589855
Headstrong2740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:44 PM   #45
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSweat83 View Post
The 086 head stock will out flow a 2.4 ported and polished, check the flow numbers.

Tell that to my engine. it may be a 2001 car but I'm running a 1997 head and block. The head has been worked over and is using stock sized aftermarket valves and most everybody who are involved in the 2.3 2.4 world would agree I'm making a pretty damn healthy amount of power.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 09:53 PM   #46
Headstrong2740
GL Member

Send a message via AIM to Headstrong2740 Send a message via MSN to Headstrong2740 Send a message via Yahoo to Headstrong2740
i wanna see it run steve.. not goign to lie

ok... so should i do the HP tuner or the DHP for my 2.4L??

i ordered the cam (intake) and now all ihave left to get is the tuner... and thinking baout fuel injectors... but dont think ill need them....yet

"Dude..cuming on my mom is one thing, but banging your grandmother and her two roommates is like.....legandary!"

Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 PM   #47
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Tell that to my engine. it may be a 2001 car but I'm running a 1997 head and block. The head has been worked over and is using stock sized aftermarket valves and most everybody who are involved in the 2.3 2.4 world would agree I'm making a pretty damn healthy amount of power.

your car does make great power. and for your setup your head works good.

but if you actually flow test the 086 to the 2.4 head and then a full P&P 2.4 compared to a mild P&P on an 086 the 086 will still out flow on a flow bench. Flow bench numbers don't lie.

does that mean it is best for someones setup ...........no. but for anyone to make a general statement that a 2.4 will flow as good as a 086 should actually do some flow bench testing.
Old 05-23-2007, 10:19 PM   #48
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
haha i thought so.. i have the right exhaust... but wow i did find the right intake.. just for some reason i could have sworn it was supposed to be a VIN A... haha oops!! lol no wonder it was not coming up... well guess ill be ordering that now......

Headstrong2740
LOL

the time you took waiting for someone to just give you the answer i found 4 links that would give you the answer and then went to GMpartsdirect and priced it and could have ordered it.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:02 AM   #49
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
i wanna see it run steve.. not goign to lie

ok... so should i do the HP tuner or the DHP for my 2.4L??

i ordered the cam (intake) and now all ihave left to get is the tuner... and thinking baout fuel injectors... but dont think ill need them....yet

DHP isn't available for the 2.4
Old 05-24-2007, 01:06 AM   #50
spyhunter
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
your car does make great power. and for your setup your head works good.

but if you actually flow test the 086 to the 2.4 head and then a full P&P 2.4 compared to a mild P&P on an 086 the 086 will still out flow on a flow bench. Flow bench numbers don't lie.

does that mean it is best for someones setup ...........no. but for anyone to make a general statement that a 2.4 will flow as good as a 086 should actually do some flow bench testing.

I never said that my head outflows it. I just don't see it as a necessary swap to make a potent motor. There are other less trying ways, ESPECIALLY, to people who aren't sure what to ask for when ordering pistons.

Me personally if I could find an 086 that hasn't been abused, cracked, and repaired, and was building a new motor. I'd do it.

For this particular person I just dont see it necessary, going from the position IF I was a consultant, or builder for this motor.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:37 AM   #51
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
For this particular person I just dont see it necessary, going from the position IF I was a consultant, or builder for this motor.

i agree
Old 05-24-2007, 02:23 PM   #52
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

DOHC_tuner is on a distinguished road
iam just trying to help, sorry if i steered anybody in the wrond direction. But im learning as i go and thankz for the info.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 PM   #53
Headstrong2740
GL Member

ok...so i THINK i have everything ordered now and on its way here for me to put on..... this motor is going to go together so fast.... but only because i will be going all night and day (almost) till its done. I WANT MY CAR BACK :'(

Anything else i should look into... i got the HP tuner as well already on its way

Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 PM   #54
spyhunter
GL Member

motor mounts... polyurethane inserts for the mounts.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:38 PM   #55
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
motor mounts... polyurethane inserts for the mounts.

where do you get better motor mounts from. I tried carcustoms but their for the cav with the 2.4LD9 so i ask and they are not sure if it'll fit on a 2.4 alero.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:12 AM   #56
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
where do you get better motor mounts from. I tried carcustoms but their for the cav with the 2.4LD9 so i ask and they are not sure if it'll fit on a 2.4 alero.

They wont fit. The only mount that fits is the 3400 tranny mount. Oldsman and I have the one from RSM but, I think they closed so I dont know if anyone else makes one. With that said the only way to get better mounts is to make them yourself.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:18 AM   #57
Headstrong2740
GL Member

great... now i have to make mounts?? lol i hope i can find a "how to...." on that process. LOL anyone ever do this yet??

Old 05-26-2007, 01:28 AM   #58
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

If I could get my hands on the 2 mounts other than front tranny mount since I have it I could prob. be able to make them in my strength of materials class next semester and if not I would be willing to draw it up on CAD or Inventor and send it to a company for production. But, of course there has to be a demand or at least a group buy for the ball to get rolling with a company. Give me feed back if interested.
Old 05-26-2007, 01:37 AM   #59
DOHC_tuner
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSweat83 View Post
If I could get my hands on the 2 mounts other than front tranny mount since I have it I could prob. be able to make them in my strength of materials class next semester and if not I would be willing to draw it up on CAD or Inventor and send it to a company for production. But, of course there has to be a demand or at least a group buy for the ball to get rolling with a company. Give me feed back if interested.

i am very interested in buying them so count me in. Im going to buy a header next payday but since we are in the general discussion of engine mounts, is it okay to install the header for now without worries of leaks and breaking something because of engine play?
Old 05-26-2007, 01:46 AM   #60
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOHC_tuner View Post
i am very interested in buying them so count me in. Im going to buy a header next payday but since we are in the general discussion of engine mounts, is it okay to install the header for now without worries of leaks and breaking something because of engine play?
I would say yes. I only know of two 2.4 alero's with a solid mount me and oldsman so, not to say that others dont have this but, I know that there are 2.4 ho's out there with a header that dont have the solid mount. You will be fine unless you (or your exaust man) dont know what your doing when your installing the down pipe and over tighten it.