Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 05-22-2007, 11:49 AM   #21
raychael2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazMatt24 View Post
what kind of condition is the Trans Am in?

honestly? It's beautiful. The one I'm looking at tomorrow is a 2000 TA Formula. Silver, t-tops, black leather. V8 69k miles for 10,997. Non-smoker with all the options. The dealer I bought my car from said he would give me what I bought for it. I had rolled in 1,000 from my previous car so I could only be rolling in what I owed on that one basically. The dealer I have is a friend of the family and it's a small dealership in a small town close to where I live. he's a nice guy and I know what ppl say about dealerships but he wouldn't screw me over. He'd lose his Saturday morning golf buddy (my daddy).
Old 05-22-2007, 11:50 AM   #22
HazMatt24
GLS member

HazMatt24 is on a distinguished road
go for it then come give me a ride in it
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
2007 Cadillac Escalade EXT chameleon paint, Cadillac 22" wheels
HazMatt24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:51 AM   #23
raychael2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by number1alero View Post
id say if its the 4 cylinder, find a way to keep it for a daily driver, thats what im doing with my ecotec alero, keeping it as a daily driver, as I have purchased a 96 mustang SVT cobra for my weekend fun car/project car. now granted its current a v8 N/A, there are tons of options for it such as turbo/supercharger/long blocks/etc.

the nice thing about the cobra, even though its about 100hp behind the 03-04 cobras because of no supercharger, i also paid about 1/4 the price of one of the newer cobras, so in those savings i can instantly begin my mods instead of having to make monthly car payments.

if your looking for serious power then the only feasible way to go is a rear wheel drive car.... yes you can get serious power out of a front wheel drive, but theres a lot more work and tons of more money involved, especially since they are all 4 and 6 cylinders that are N/A.

I test drove a 03 cobra yesterday with a factory mach sound system with 2 10's and exhaust and a short shifter...that's why I didnt buy it, and it was about 4 grand higher than it was worth. I don't think I could get used to a short shifter.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:52 AM   #24
raychael2003

Quote:
go for it then come give me a ride in it

absolutely!!!! haha! I would race the hell out of that thing! Start with some bolt ons and then make that thing fast as hell! I've always wanted one and I know more about pontiacs than anything
Old 05-22-2007, 11:53 AM   #25
raychael2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by alerored04 View Post
if i had the possibility of a TA i would go for it. I dont think you are gonna find a decent price for the alero though. Good luck with it.

I guess I'll just have to wink and flip my hair and show off my long legs! haha! I love TA's though. specially this formula! agh! cargasm!
Old 05-22-2007, 11:58 AM   #26
HazMatt24
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raychael2003 View Post
absolutely!!!! haha! I would race the hell out of that thing! Start with some bolt ons and then make that thing fast as hell! I've always wanted one and I know more about pontiacs than anything

I miss my camaro F-Bodies are fun especially with T-Tops. Mine was old enough it didn't have air bags so I could put my daughter in the front seat. She loved cruising around with the tops off, she'd always crank up the radio. Gotta love a 4 year old with a love for hair metal and camaros.
1994 Chevy Suburban aka The Zombie Mower 4" Rancho suspension lift 2" body lift. 315/75/16 Mickey Thompson Radial M/Ts 10000K HID 12" JL W3 Subs in custom box 1000W Alpine mono amp 1F capacitor 6.5" JL mids 4X6 Pioneers in dash 450W Alpine 4 channel Dynomax cat & exhaust
Old 05-22-2007, 12:00 PM   #27
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
lol get the trans am... if you can get a decent price for your alero i'd do it now before it's too late
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:32 PM   #28
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by antichrysler View Post
lol didn't they discontinue the N-Bodies 2 years later?

The Alero was dropped in '04, but the Grand Am and Classic continued until '05.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:05 PM   #29
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
Quote:
lol get the trans am... if you can get a decent price for your alero i'd do it now before it's too late

are you gonna be on this board now just to diss aleros??? maybe if you took care of the car then it would stay in good condition. My family has always taken care of our cars and they all ran perfect. Your gonna get problems with every car, DEAL WITH IT.

anyways, to the girl who started this thread....
if you really loved the alero you would mod it, obviously you dont so just get rid of it. before you get all crazy and drive in first gear and try to ruin it. If you dont wanna stand out and be different, go get the TA. Yea..theres not as many performance parts for the alero, and the ones they do have are expensive, but i want to stand out from everyone else (same as everyone else whos modding an alero). Im sick of seeing the same cars getting modded, I LOVE BEING THE ONLY ALERO AROUND HERE WITH STUFF DONE TO IT. but once again, if you want something easier to mod, go get a diff car.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #30
HazMatt24
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
are you gonna be on this board now just to diss aleros??? maybe if you took care of the car then it would stay in good condition. My family has always taken care of our cars and they all ran perfect. Your gonna get problems with every car, DEAL WITH IT.

anyways, to the girl who started this thread....
if you really loved the alero you would mod it, obviously you dont so just get rid of it. before you get all crazy and drive in first gear and try to ruin it. If you dont wanna stand out and be different, go get the TA. Yea..theres not as many performance parts for the alero, and the ones they do have are expensive, but i want to stand out from everyone else (same as everyone else whos modding an alero). Im sick of seeing the same cars getting modded, I LOVE BEING THE ONLY ALERO AROUND HERE WITH STUFF DONE TO IT. but once again, if you want something easier to mod, go get a diff car.

look at it this way Billy...say you love pizza, and you could eat pizza all the time, but you got the chance to get a steak. Would you stick with the pizza, or go for the steak? She didn't say she hated the Alero, but she has the opportunity to get a car she likes better. As far as being different, my friend was the only white dude in high school with a 'fro, that didn't mean everybody else thought it was cool.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:25 PM   #31
number1alero
GL Member

number1alero is an unknown quantity at this point
^at the end of the day though Billy, its all about how fast you go...the fad of being unique has died off, especially since people are realizing that by going with a car that is known for performance, they know the market is larger, and the tuning options are a lot better, as well as prices being lower, and dont forget the 2fast2furious fad has really died off, unless your a high schooler who still thinks a vtec in a honda is pimpin

ill go for the car that more people have, for the cheaper mods and better tuning in the long run, but also i understand that some people cant afford the best performance cars so you make do with what ya have
number1alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:17 PM   #32
raychael2003

Quote:
look at it this way Billy...say you love pizza, and you could eat pizza all the time, but you got the chance to get a steak. Would you stick with the pizza, or go for the steak? She didn't say she hated the Alero, but she has the opportunity to get a car she likes better. As far as being different, my friend was the only white dude in high school with a 'fro, that didn't mean everybody else thought it was cool.

thank you! I was about to say that. I'm not dissing my alero. I love the car and it blue book's at 10,500. It's an 03 with 55k on it. It's in perfect condition and I do take good care of it because it's the only car I have. My boyfriend has an SRT-4 and all of his friends either have f-body's or compact sports. I don't like to take it to the dealer everytime something happens to it. I like the comfort of someone being able to tell me what's wrong with the thing without paying a diog.fee...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:19 PM   #33
raychael2003

Quote:
^at the end of the day though Billy, its all about how fast you go...the fad of being unique has died off, especially since people are realizing that by going with a car that is known for performance, they know the market is larger, and the tuning options are a lot better, as well as prices being lower, and dont forget the 2fast2furious fad has really died off, unless your a high schooler who still thinks a vtec in a honda is pimpin

ill go for the car that more people have, for the cheaper mods and better tuning in the long run, but also i understand that some people cant afford the best performance cars so you make do with what ya have

I loved the car when I bought it. The car I had before that was a stupid fast SC2 (saturn) after I blew 2 engines I sold it for parts and had 2 days to buy a car before spring semester started up again. I got my car for cheap and now can afford an LS1 like I've always wanted....you made a point...thanks a lot
Old 05-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #34
raychael2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headstrong2740 View Post
KEEP IT!!!!!! I told you id gladly help out anyway i could to see that car of yours get up and modded besides shouldnt your bf/fiance/husband(whatever he is LOL) be helping you some as well???

You wont get much for the car.. trust me i know.. i looked into it as well before i started modding mine. Dealers will Fck you over and people wont pay you what its worth. Just keep it and drive it till it falls apart and modd it the way you want to... ill gladly help and im sure others around here will have advice and be able to help out as well some way or another

he's my fiance for 2 more days! yay. But anyway, he helps me with some things but as far as modding it and making it "track worthy" he's hesitant. He's a genius with TA's and Camaro's and stuff so I'm more comfortable with that...and those cars are pretty fast stock anyway. Thanks for offering to help. You're a sweetie!!
Old 05-22-2007, 02:28 PM   #35
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
raychael i wasnt saying you were dissing the car, im talking about antichrysler. Now he always talks bad about the aleros. Just treat them good and they will treat you good
Old 05-22-2007, 02:30 PM   #36
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

Quote:

unique died off???? lol. yea so i should go buy a mustang or camaro cause they are fast and everyone has them? nah, i will stick to my slower alero cause i like to be different.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:34 PM   #37
raychael2003

Quote:
unique died off???? lol. yea so i should go buy a mustang or camaro cause they are fast and everyone has them? nah, i will stick to my slower alero cause i like to be different.

I don't think unique has necessarily died off, but alero's aren't exactly known for being fast. And I like to go fast lol! I've liked f-bodies for a while and it's not just because everyone has them...I just don't understand why ppl get bitter about it really...
Old 05-22-2007, 02:54 PM   #38
antichrysler
GLS member

antichrysler is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to antichrysler
Quote:
raychael i wasnt saying you were dissing the car, im talking about antichrysler. Now he always talks bad about the aleros. Just treat them good and they will treat you good

when i said to get rid of it while she can i was talking about the depreciation... she has an offer to give her what she paid for it... not taking it would be foolish especially if she wants a faster car anyways

I don't remember who it was that just said the f-bodies have more performance parts available but they're completely right. Pick the right tool for the job. If your gonna throw performance parts on a car make sure they're affordable. Paying twice as much for the same parts to throw on a car that depreciates twice as fast is not a good investment.

Last edited by antichrysler : 05-22-2007 at 02:57 PM.
antichrysler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:58 PM   #39
raychael2003

Quote:
when i said to get rid of it while she can i was talking about is the depreciation ... ass

ouch!! I knew what you were talking about. Once it hits 75k it won't be worth shiit. I know that and f-bodies are high dollar especially if you hook on to a good one. Which hopefully I did...
Old 05-22-2007, 03:04 PM   #40
HazMatt24
GLS member

plus F-bodies are just an awesome piece of Americana whereas the Alero has a smaller "fan base".