Old 01-12-2008, 03:18 PM   #21
GA_turbo
GX Member

GA_turbo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
So you had to change the BCM and PCM to 2000

BTW.........thread cleaned and sticky

Yea i saw that, i was all confused about how it looked before thank you for cleaning it up and making it a sticky.

ok for the ecu swap you dont have to change the BCM both the 99 and 00 are the same, the only thing you would be changing is the ecu thats all, reason being that when you get the computer reflashed they have to get the vin from the computer once is installed in your car and then when they flash it they have to tell the computer that thats the car that is still in. They basicly go by what vin comes out of the ecu, you just have to make sure you know the year of the car that ecu came from thats all.

Another thing i found out today wich im still talking to the guys out at the dealer that i go to, is that i guess there is more that they can do once the ecu is open on their computer or tec2, he told me that they can adjust shift points and injector size and shut off alot of other things like me for example i have a speedo from a grand am GT that reads to 150mph my grand am only reads 120mph so im going back so i can have it set ( if they can ) so that my car cuts out at 140 mph that would be nice, but ill find out what all they can do to it and ill let you know for sure.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:02 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA_turbo View Post
1. doesnt 99 have low impedence injectors and the 00 have high impedence?
answer is yes that is right , you will need to get high impedence injectors thats the only major mod you will have to do.

Old thread but I'm including this in Aleromod.com Upgrades; what's all involved in swapping high impedance injectors from low impedance ones? Surely there's a lot to do..
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #23
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Found out off j-body that high impedance injectors will work with a low impedance driver, but not the other way around.

Is it as simple as plugging in the high impedance injectors that came with the MP45 kit and swapping ECUs? Nothing else to change in the fuel delivery system?

Here's the current info page on Aleromod.com Upgrades for doing this.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:10 PM   #24
[ion] C2
636 whp

Just talked to a guy at Kinsler Fuel Injection, says yep, you can direct swap high impedance injectors in no problem. The 2000 ECU would complement that even better.

Great news for the 1999 guys who run the MP45 supercharger kit. If they swap their ECU, have the smaller starter, no EGR, and get the reflash it's all good.