Alero_1986 is on a distinguished road
Looks good! I'm jealous..
..wish I had the money to boost

soon.....
Alero_1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 PM   #22
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Also, you better be coming to ASS '08.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 12:06 AM   #23
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
No Sweat's had all the pages.

Also remeber there is at least one bolt that has to be put into the manifold before you install it on the car otherwise you can't get it into the hole.

the fuel injector clips are easy.
Old 05-29-2008, 02:06 AM   #24
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
ok...im finally done with the install...once again i came from work and directly to the ride...i suck as a car mechanic..but its done, I will hobble over to gm later on in the morning to get the flash...I double checked and re-doubled check my installation...so I hope she stays runnin..lol..

@oldsman; I got all the bolts in but I couldnt get the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis

@ion; Where and when is ASS....right now its tough for me to get a break from work...I also might be moving to Cali...=S
Alerosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:23 AM   #25
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
ASS is in Lansing, June 13th, not sure how far away you are heh.

Get it towed to the dealer, or put the old MAP sensor in and drive very very slowly and don't boost (if you do this remember to install the 2 bar MAP once they're done, do not let them drive it until you do that.

Also fill the tank with 93, hopefully you used up most of your regular gas before you started the install lol.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:00 AM   #26
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

I sure did ....hauled butt to and from work to get my gas low and then I halfed it with 93 just before i started the install..shouldnt i be able to drive real slow with the 2 bar map....also I have a surgory schedule for june 10...so while you guys are living it up i will be crippled ...=( but drugged up =D...I stay in
GA

Last edited by Alerosaint : 05-29-2008 at 07:03 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:29 AM   #27
[ion] C2
636 whp

Yeah try driving with the 2 bar MAP in. It runs like absolute shit, it will die no matter what you do. The computer's not calibrated to read the new MAP sensor, so it doesn't know how much fuel to add or anything. I had fun trying to get the front of the car onto the towing trailer we had hooked up from U-haul. It stalls extremely quick.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:24 AM   #28
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Yeah you were abosolutely right... on the 2 bar it drove like straight doo doo...so I put on the original one and started up with no prob and crept on down the road...man that was a long ass ride and I slowed down traffic .. that was my rooster move for the week...lol..I should have been shaking my fist out the window and tell folks that was my personal protest for high gas prices..lol
Old 05-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #29
[ion] C2
636 whp

so you dropped it off and it's gettin reflashed? did you install the 2 bar before you left so it runs correctly when it's done
Old 05-29-2008, 08:41 AM   #30
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Yep....should be ready around lunch or so..he had like 5 other vehicles to flash and the 2 bar is installed so when its done im gonna get some seafoam and clean out my intake system...i had alot of carbon in there..and im gonna get an oil change....do you still have that pic of your cold air set up...if you do can you post/send it to me so I can use it as a guide to do mines...you posted before but it disappeared, but I want to switch from WA
Old 05-29-2008, 08:56 AM   #31
[ion] C2
636 whp

ya i made two posts with pictures and links and where to cut and stuff i'll try to find them

the first whine you hear is amazing
Old 05-29-2008, 09:23 AM   #32
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

man...i made my own whine with my mouth on the way to the dealership...lol..just kidding but I have been playing that sound in my head...im pretty ready to hear it to see how the car has changed...I know it aint gonna be no monster but im ready for my car to move with authority like how I drive and sing while doing it..lol...
Old 05-29-2008, 09:27 AM   #33
[ion] C2
636 whp

http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...&highlight=CAI
Old 05-29-2008, 09:33 AM   #34
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

the pic of the engine bay with the piping orientation is not showing =S...but the pic with cone in the bumper is
Old 05-29-2008, 09:40 AM   #35
[ion] C2
636 whp

shows up here, it's in the engine shots of my car site, click my sig and see if you can find it there
Old 05-29-2008, 09:46 AM   #36
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

oohoooh...work computer denied...does your link lead to pr0n..lol..jk...let me check with the celle
Old 05-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #37
[ion] C2
636 whp

Works fine here at work. Most pictures are blocked though, imageshack and flickr and such. I gotta take off the black tube and sand it down and polish it so it's silver like the other one before ASS. I can't wait. I'm going to come flying into the parking lot like a dumbass so I can whine in.

There's a supercharged G35 here at my work (420+ HP), I heard this high pitched screaming of a blower one morning just as I got to my cubicle and I look up and see this white blur go whining by down the long road that leads to the building. Lol. Sounds great, love supercharger whine.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 05-29-2008 at 10:32 AM.
Old 05-29-2008, 10:35 AM   #38
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Sweet dude, actually doesn't look like a hard install

Pawz, sorry your first post smells like bullshit

Did you add stickers

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 10:56 AM   #39
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
Works fine here at work. Most pictures are blocked though, imageshack and flickr and such. I gotta take off the black tube and sand it down and polish it so it's silver like the other one before ASS. I can't wait. I'm going to come flying into the parking lot like a dumbass so I can whine in.

There's a supercharged G35 here at my work (420+ HP), I heard this high pitched screaming of a blower one morning just as I got to my cubicle and I look up and see this white blur go whining by down the long road that leads to the building. Lol. Sounds great, love supercharger whine.

lol...thats a pretty beefy g35...he got the juice...yeah im gonna wine on the way to the jiffy lube get my oil changed im about overdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redog View Post
Sweet dude, actually doesn't look like a hard install

Pawz, sorry your first post smells like bullshit

Did you add stickers

No stickers...might steal a "supercharged" from somewhere...maybe OSV badges too
Old 05-29-2008, 11:08 AM   #40
[ion] C2
636 whp

not sure if he's talking to pawzbear or you lol

get the supercharged emblem for the cobalt:

^but you can't see that at work i'm assuming