Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 05-29-2008, 11:12 AM   #41
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
oh ok...someone is getting ganked....but na i cant see that pic...can you email it to me, also im boost guage less...what setup do you recommend?
Alerosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:19 AM   #42
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
I have the Glowshift Tinted Boost & Air/Fuel Ratio Combo gauge. Digital boost numbers display while the air fuel ratio lights are around the edges. However, I'm looking at getting some new gauges. One AEM wideband, and another probably an AEM boost gauge that reads decimals as well. (Like 7.4 PSI rather than just 7 that my current one says, I don't know what pressure I'm at other than the main number, when I boost 7 PSI it could be 7.9, don't know) But Glowshift is the best for the dollar, all others are ridiculously expensive.

Last edited by [ion] C2 : 05-29-2008 at 11:24 AM.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:38 AM   #43
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

yeah that glowshift sounds like its in my neck of the woods for now until im ready for the big leagues like you...appreciate it...aem is top dollar stuff...toys for the pros...
Old 05-29-2008, 01:28 PM   #44
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
not sure if he's talking to pawzbear or you lol

I was talking to Pawz

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 02:25 PM   #45
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
alerosaint.....do you have an exhaust?
Old 05-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #46
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
just a magnaflow muffler

should get a pacesetter header, full 2.5" exhaust with a high flow cat, two LOOONG resonators and the quietest muffler possible so all you hear is the whine, that's what i'm doing since no exhaust on a four cylinder sounds good, besides that 560WHP grand am. all others get raspy and sound ricey.
Old 05-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #47
spyhunter
GL Member

spyhunter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to spyhunter
Quote:
just a magnaflow muffler

should get a pacesetter header, full 2.5" exhaust with a high flow cat, two LOOONG resonators and the quietest muffler possible so all you hear is the whine, that's what i'm doing since no exhaust on a four cylinder sounds good, besides that 560WHP grand am. all others get raspy and sound ricey.

die in a fire for that comment.

I thought my car sounded quite awesome under full throttle.
Promoter - PM me to be put on the list. Ladies first drink free wed, thur, sat
spyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:58 PM   #48
[ion] C2
636 whp

lol i never heard yours
Old 05-29-2008, 07:27 PM   #49
[ion] C2
636 whp

So.. how is it? I'm sure you've driven it by now.
Old 05-29-2008, 07:58 PM   #50
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Little Question to AleroSaint: Did you take your supercharge from the link I provided and if yes, did they ask you for a picture of the front and back of your credit card, I'm not too confident about giving the image of my credit card on the internet...
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 08:21 PM   #51
[ion] C2
636 whp

Interesting.. they aren't supposed to do that... because throughout the transaction they never actually see your card information, it's handled via your credit card company (as far as I understand it). Which means this is a ploy to get your information to use for themselves, or just an overkill measure to prove you actually have the card (which still doesn't prove that you actually own the card, if someone stole someone's card they'd be able to take a picture of it...) If they get paid the money, they shouldn't care whether or not someone's using someone else's card or not.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:48 PM   #52
Vinalero
GLS member

Vinalero is on a distinguished road
Thats what I was thinking. They also want a picture of the back of the card and they specified that it has to be signed, which is even more odd... They say its the procedure for international shipping, but still it wouldnt be the first thing I buy online and they never asked for something like this.
2 door 2000 Black GX With a stick: M45 eaton supercharger - Quad4's 57mm Throttle body - Custom WAI - KYB GR-2 struts - CM Lowering springs - Front and rear strut tower brace - R1 concept zinc plated drilled/slotted rotors with semi-metallic pads - short shifter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alerosaint View Post
the #6 bolt torque..its impossible to get...unless I use telekenesis
Vinalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 09:04 PM   #53
[ion] C2
636 whp

Pace is supposed to be legit. I'd call them and argue with them about this. You should not be required to provide your credit card PICTURES over an UNSECURED portal. How easy it would be for anyone to grab those images and use them to their gain.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #54
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
alerosaint.....do you have an exhaust?
yep ion is right just the muffler...will be upgrading though..im getting power hungry
Quote:
just a magnaflow muffler

Thats a good recommendation....my muffler is loud...deep but loud...my next pay check will go to struts, springs and possibly brake rotors...I was told the pacesetters get real hot...how tru is that?? Can anyone vouch for pacesetters awesomeness??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinalero View Post
Little Question to AleroSaint: Did you take your supercharge from the link I provided and if yes, did they ask you for a picture of the front and back of your credit card, I'm not too confident about giving the image of my credit card on the internet...
Yup... i just did it like a normal check out like any other online store...it was simple and I had a little issues and they were available to answer questions...who does pics of credit cards??

Quote:
So.. how is it? I'm sure you've driven it by now.

Man...my whip feel like it have some life in it now....its more responsive...I get more power over a broader power curve, in spots where i never had power before..when I ask her to go she goes and screams for daddy while she does it...lol...the rsm throttle body makes a whistling/sucking sound like it trying to take all the air in the vacinity while at low rpms and when she gets wind up the s/c goes from whispering to screaming....im loving it....I was hauling as s all over the place....I even forgot about gas prices for once in a long time....my roomate have a 2001 spyder GT convertible and when he rode with me he had a smile on his face was like oh yeah....i think im gonna need some tips to squeeze more juice out of the mp45 ION...cause it feels good. This is my first boosted ride so yes my boost cherry has been popped....So long story short my feeling is ...thats why took so long to repy..I was celebrating a sucessful install for a noob like me ..lol..the gm guy was like good job.

Last edited by Alerosaint : 05-30-2008 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:58 AM   #55
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
well congrats dude! glad to hear everything went good and your loving your alero even more ;-) now clean up that engine bay and get some pics!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:07 AM   #56
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

^^...Thx...yeah im pretty happy. I just took some pics..but ya called me out on my dingy bay so ....i will retake them after i clean it up some
Old 05-30-2008, 08:12 AM   #57
[ion] C2
636 whp

You have teh RSM 62mm TB? Does your's "psshhhh" as it opens and closes very loud? Mine does lol.

Oh, if you want a smaller pulley, I have a 2.7" polished for sale. You just need to get the $50 hub from Smoothflow.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:25 AM   #58
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

I sure do...yeah its pretty loud..i love it...i might have to cop that pulley off ya ..how much you selling it for...I need to order the boost guage and quit BSing how pillar pods are installed??
Old 05-30-2008, 10:52 AM   #59
[ion] C2
636 whp

$20 shipped yo, would cost you $45 new

get the glowshift boost/AF combo gauge, looks niiice

pillar pod installs real easy, you just pull the old one off and screw the new one on, super simple
Old 05-30-2008, 01:29 PM   #60
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Quote:
$20 shipped yo, would cost you $45 new

get the glowshift boost/AF combo gauge, looks niiice

pillar pod installs real easy, you just pull the old one off and screw the new one on, super simple
Hells yeah hook it up yo...pm your instructions....im going to search the net for prices of the Gauge if i cant find it cheap ill order direct from them.....so where you think that pulley gonna basically put me at...i noticed in your movie that your 45 was way louder and i think start screamin at a lower rpm than mine. Is that also a result of a smaller pulley?

Last edited by Alerosaint : 05-30-2008 at 01:32 PM.