Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 08-04-2008, 01:37 PM   #1
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

TheEdgeofSanity is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TheEdgeofSanity
Angry Stink Removal...

MY CAR STINKS! why, you ask? well. my uncle who I despise thought it would be a good idea to put dead fish in a garbage bag and put it in my trunk without telling me. So, i didn't drive for 3 days and the fish sat in my trunk without me knowing in the direct sun. Finally, I noticed that there were flies and a nasty odor coming from my trunk and discovered my fishy mess. I disposed of the fish (which luckily didn't leak out of the bag) , cleaned out the maggots, and sprayed a ton of lysol in my tunk. Last night, I also dumped a ton of baking soda all over the trunk and scrubbed it in and vaccumed it out this morning. The entire car reeks of rotting fish and I dunno what to do. Please help! this is 100% disgusting!

TheEdgeofSanity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
what a rooster did you kick his ass
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:47 PM   #3
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
maggots!??...110% disgusting ...firstly, whoop your uncle...try airing out your car, leaving everything open as much and as longs as you can then you might want to look into to getting it detailed where they shampoo ur inside
Old 08-04-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
I would spray some ozium in there and take the empty can and bury in your uncle's ass or just hit him in the head with it.

Yeah thats what happens man...thats what happens

Last edited by AGT : 08-04-2008 at 02:02 PM.
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i'd fill my trunk w/ cedar chips. nothing over powers the smell of cedar.

basically... you need to out stink it. let your car air out for a while, but then take something that'll smell stronger, spray the hell outta the car, throw a bunch of stuff in there that'll smell good for a while (like said cedar) and then close it up and let the new smell soak in

...then abuse your uncle.
Old 08-04-2008, 02:02 PM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
mm cedar chips, makes me want to fill my trunk with cedar chips
Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 PM   #7
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
a 9mm round in your uncles ass or kneecap ought to do it.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 02:48 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

or a load of dog shit in the passenger area of his vehicle
Old 08-04-2008, 02:50 PM   #9
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
id kill him
Old 08-04-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
have the interior all cleaned up by a pro, and replace all the stuff in the trunk. Then send the bill to your uncle. If he doesn't pay, lawsuit.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #11
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
He say why he did it?
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 03:30 PM   #12
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
and don't forget, he can get a vandalism (sp?) charge on him.
Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM   #13
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

well, he was visiting our cottage and i didn't really want him there and he knew it. I had gone fishing earlier with a buddy and had left the fish in the cooler at the house while i went out with some friends. When i got home, my uncle said that he had cleaned the fish for me (which I thought was suspiciously nice) and I didn't even think of what he could have possibly done with the carcasses. I called him up today all pissed off and he basicly told me that he was "sorry" and that he had forgotten to tell me that he had put them in there for me to get rid of. I told him to never screw with any of my stuff again and he hung up on me. I also told my parents (this isn't the first thing he's pulled on me) and my mom called him (he's her brother) and she said that it was ok because it was an "accident". I am so pissed and i want to vomit everytime I get in my car. Right now, i'm at my cottage, miles away from any store but as soon as I get home, i'm going right to walmart and picking up some Febreeze and a ton of air fresheners. I really don't know what to do because I've washed the spare tire cover 4 times with lots of deodorizing soap and it still smells like a rotten pile of fish.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:29 PM   #14
Ryan from Ohio
Master of my Domain

Ryan from Ohio will become famous soon enough
Make that fool buy the car and get another.

I would go into walmart and buy about 3-4 bottles of Febreeze for the car and keep spraying the trunk out. I would also leave the lid open and park it under some shade.

Theres also that odor eating spray, cant remember the name. Its not Ozium but something more mainstream...
Old 08-04-2008, 06:34 PM   #15
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
you can also try mixing 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 bleach into a couple of jars, and leave them in the car for an extended period of time.

our basement flooded last year, and smelled like mildew afterwards pretty bad. my mom set a dozen or so of those mixtures (in mason jars) around, and w/in a month the smell was gone completely. its amazing how well that works. apparently it absorbs odors right outta the air... worth a shot, and its cheap.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:20 PM   #16
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
All good ideas so far. Besides leaving the trunk and windows open whenever possible, I'd sprinkle down a thick layer of arm & hammer carpet deodorizer, the kind that you let sit for awhile and vacuum up. It comes in a few different scents, but I can tell you that the 'Pet Fresh' version works best.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 07:47 PM   #17
bizarre179
GL Member

bizarre179 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bizarre179
Man, I feel pretty bad for you. That would suck! My suggestion isnt to spray the hell out of your trunk. You might as well empty out the bottles into it.

Try lighting some insense and smelly good stuff in there. Im not really a pro at this, but I have never been in that kinda situation.

Hope all works out for ya.

kim<3
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2981709
bizarre179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 PM   #18
TheEdgeofSanity
GLS member

thanks everyone... tomorrow is clean out the car's interior day. I have all of my supplies ready and hopefully i'll make a bg improvement. I'd say from yesterday to today we're down from 100% stink to about 70% stink so its slowly going away.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:18 PM   #19
cherrington17
Gone

mythbusters did that "dead pig in a corvette for a week" myth. for the question of "is it impossible to get rid of the stink?"

and i think they gave the best answer.... "if there is a will, there is a way" the stink will go away... its just a matter of time.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:32 AM   #20
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

the only thing is, not only do you have the smell, but bacteria in there as well... You can literally make yourself sick while in the car. He needs to either buy the car from you or pay to get it restored.