Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 10-28-2008, 01:41 AM   #41
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
I understand the process, I was kidding with him. We have gone back and forth on this subject before.

I still don't see what the hell the difference is, they look the same to me and many others.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:31 AM   #42
KenshinZero
GLS member

KenshinZero is an unknown quantity at this point
For all of us who didn’t know the difference, thanks to both of you, lol ^_^
KenshinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:36 AM   #43
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post
I understand the process, I was kidding with him. We have gone back and forth on this subject before.

I still don't see what the hell the difference is, they look the same to me and many others.

If you really look at it, the real CF just has more dimension and luster to it.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 02:45 AM   #44
KenshinZero
GLS member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff8928 View Post
True, but the dash of the Alero has more dimension and luster as well, lol
Old 10-28-2008, 08:22 AM   #45
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsnut View Post

That's just your eyesight reflecting your age...

Looks like I have the more "silver" carbon fiber and you have the "black" carbon fiber, Spilner. I told you it was silver, adam337. Oh well, matches my silver carbon fiber pedals and such.

Also, check this out. Waiting on my carbon fiber coolant cover to come in, also custom brake fluid carbon fiber cover, and my header goes on today after work, and it's dirty, but here's my bay:

[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:36 AM   #46
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
looks like your fuel pressure gauge has a bit of water in it....

and unless those interior pieces are 100% MADE of carbon fiber... your still just faking it. you fail ion.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:38 AM   #47
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
It's silica filled, liquid filled gauges don't shake around from vibration like other mechanical gauges, tis nice.

I'm too lazy to make them completely from CF... though the guy who's making my brake fluid cover can and has done things like that for people.. he's made full interior panels and door tirm of carbon fiber..
Old 10-28-2008, 08:40 AM   #48
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
you should get the panel that runs down the side, next to the seat (covers all the wires going to the back) in cf too. kinda give it a nice touch as you get into the car....
Old 10-28-2008, 08:51 AM   #49
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Either way, dipped or wrapped, its still not a true carbon fiber piece, its not made somely from CF, its just wrapped in it. No diffrent if I took a whole boat load of CF and wrapped my car, its not a full CF car, because the inner shell is stll metal. Just like your pieces are still plastic under cf...........

just busting you balls C2
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 08:53 AM   #50
[ion] C2
636 whp

if the guy made door panels or interior trim out of carbon fiber it's not "wrapped," it's made of a thin layer of fiberglass in the shape of the trim and then the rest is made of carbon fiber

also i have those headlight covers that oldsnut has, but mine are real plastic, not imitation CF lolol
Old 10-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #51
paulyb
GLS member

paulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these partspaulyb is infamous around these parts
Im going to get a big sheet of that fake carbon fiber sticker and wrap the whole ho in it except for the windows for next years AAS......lol
paulyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:11 AM   #52
cherrington17
Gone

we should shrink wrap ion's car in fake cf...
Old 10-28-2008, 09:37 AM   #53
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
CF headliner would be uber sweet!!
Old 10-28-2008, 12:26 PM   #54
Cliff8928

Cliff8928 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Cliff8928 Send a message via AIM to Cliff8928
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
CF headliner would be uber sweet!!

Would you just leave it as the fabric attached to the board, or actually have it hard.
2004 Corvette Convertible M6
1994 Chevy Beretta - Quad4/M5
Cliff8928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 09:22 PM   #55
KenshinZero
GLS member

I think if you were to totally replace the head liner, you would hear allot of road noise, personally I wouldn’t care, I think completely replacing the headliner with C/F would be sweet.
Quote:
Would you just leave it as the fabric attached to the board, or actually have it hard.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:30 PM   #56
AlbinoMonkeyRat
Let's Play Army!

AlbinoMonkeyRat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
it's hard to show in photos...much easier to do in person.
RIP to my Alero @ 112000 miles. COD: thrown rod. TOD: 430pm, Dec19, 2011.
AlbinoMonkeyRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #57
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
total hard CF headliner, there is a company in South Dakota thats makes them, as well as door panels and dashes and such for imports.....could probably do a one off pretty easy, they are really aren't that curvy, shit could probably just take some sheet CF and bend it into place.......
Old 10-31-2008, 12:10 AM   #58
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
I want a new headliner. I might be in for one of those.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 PM   #59
kwhauck
2Screwy

no way, this mod is mine alone, quit copying me!!! lol

on a side note, i found some rims that look like ours in a 15x8!!! i might be grabbing two of them to throw slicks on for the track, and then i'll even match at the track!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 12:24 AM   #60
heineck
A-mod Pirate

heineck will become famous soon enoughheineck will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to heineck
hey ion whered u get ur cf gauge bezel thats not the speedhut one
heineck is offline   Reply With Quote