Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 04-15-2009, 01:47 PM   #21
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally Posted by hok666 View Post
Dude BE picky! I want your best at perfecting this kit. Got a question bodymans now helping you guys make sure everything is on track with the body kit?

No bdyman is giving me a hand on my kit in order to get it fixed.
Old 04-15-2009, 01:49 PM   #22
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
so you have the whole kit bdyman? are you fixing problems that it has and painting it? or are you just doing the front bumper cover?

Billy it is my kit for my car. bdyman is giving me a hand in order to get the kit the way I want it.
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM   #23
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
ahhh ok.....so the old man is fixing up the kit. Nice
Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM   #24
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yes iam doing the body work and painting the kit, i just started with the easier of the kit which was the front bumper, the kit is not thin at all you can see through it due to the gell coat has been sanded off

on all aftermarket kits the gel coat should be sanded down and the kit shaped and any imperfection fixed, pinholes, waves, what have you, primed, sanded and then 1 final coat of primer

its a fiberglass kit, if you ever got into an accident it will crack upon impact, its what is beneath the bumper that protects you, like i said the quality surpass the aed and aas kit, this kit does not have the HUMP by the headlights, which i was amazed at that,

the rocker moldings will have to be cut reshaped re glassed the whole shabang, the rear bumper well it is going to take allot of work to get it to fit and look right

i will be using PPG dbc system, it will be ppg from start to finish
either me of scot will post updated pics as we go along
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:06 PM   #25
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
so.. you do body work and paint... or do you have a guy you work with who paints?
(i don't mean that in a condesending way.. i just thought you were strictly body work tech)

either way... i can't wait to see this thing in june.
Old 04-15-2009, 11:36 PM   #26
hok666
GLS member

hok666 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
yes iam doing the body work and painting the kit, i just started with the easier of the kit which was the front bumper, the kit is not thin at all you can see through it due to the gell coat has been sanded off

To be honest Im glad your helping us.. Keep us posted..
hok666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 11:47 PM   #27
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yes iam a body man/painter/ fabricator, mechanic, i do everything
my favorite thing is painting i love painting
and yes i will keep this thread updated as we go along
Old 04-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #28
El Pablo
03 Subaru WRX

El Pablo is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to El Pablo Send a message via Yahoo to El Pablo
Looks awesome.
Old 04-19-2009, 12:51 AM   #29
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
I thought that Bodykits.com was fixing the issues and replacing the parts that they messed up. How come you are not waiting for them to get it fixed by the people who screwed up in the first place. I understand that bdyman is probably the best at all of this, so... is there anyway he can create a proper mold from this kit to either replicate or to sell to other members?

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 01:31 AM   #30
Oldsman
Owner

I am going to find out from bodykits on the status of the replacement parts that need to be fixed and i am hopeful that they will get me those parts in enough time to be painted and fitted before ASS but I am thinking worse case. that is why I have bdyman giving me a hand on this kit.

well back to sanding............
Old 04-19-2009, 10:17 AM   #31
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
make sure you wear a mask!! we don't want some old men hacking prematurely!!!
Old 04-19-2009, 11:00 AM   #32
bdyman
GLS member

the first night i forgot my respirator and the next day my chect hurt all day, i now remember my mask, and i return on tuesday night to hopefull have the bumper in primer soon
Old 04-19-2009, 12:16 PM   #33
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
make sure you wear a mask!! we don't want some old men hacking prematurely!!!

no worries..............had my mask.........but i turned into some green guy...lol
Old 04-19-2009, 12:28 PM   #34
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsman View Post
no worries..............had my mask.........but i turned into some green guy...lol
green or gold?
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:35 AM   #35
bdyman
GLS member

well well bitches its update time
finished preping the bumper and applied primer tonight, onto the pics enjoy

Old 04-24-2009, 01:26 AM   #36
joserivas19
GL Member

joserivas19 is on a distinguished road
looking good!!!!
joserivas19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 03:13 AM   #37
dragon8807
GL Member

dragon8807 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to dragon8807
looks good
05 impreza 2.5rs 5spd - current car
dragon8807 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 07:17 AM   #38
Golden Alero
GX Member

Golden Alero is on a distinguished road
That's going to look so nice when finished. bdyman do u work only on aleros? =p like if i get a bodykit for a vibe could u help me put it on etc?
Old 04-24-2009, 07:50 AM   #39
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
bdyman can do any custom fabbing work to any car, thats the great thing about being an experienced bodyworker. anyway, the front looks like you did a good job, and no sag under the headlights = win, we'll see if it stay that way once its been mounted but im sure you test fitted and such before primering

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 01:36 PM   #40
Oldsman
Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr1m View Post
bdyman can do any custom fabbing work to any car, thats the great thing about being an experienced bodyworker. anyway, the front looks like you did a good job, and no sag under the headlights = win, we'll see if it stay that way once its been mounted but im sure you test fitted and such before primering

I test fitted it before we start the little bodywork on it. there won't be sags under the headlights because bodykits took care of that issue. It fits the headlights damn good, no sag and no hump