Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

View Poll Results: When should i drop the engine in?
As soon as i get it 33 55.00%
Wait till spring/end of snow 27 45.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-08-2009, 08:35 PM   #21
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Spilner521 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Spilner521
Instant boost = instant wheel spin (ask Ion what he thinks). You'll easily hit 400whp on a fully built engine with a fast spooling turbo like a GT3071R or 3076R. I would stick with the turbo, but that's just me. More efficient, easier to intercool, more power potential, easy to turn up the boost.

Turbos are not way better cuz I like them, I like them cuz they're way better
Old 07-08-2009, 08:39 PM   #22
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i don't want to get into an arguement, but there are ways around the supercharger instant wheel spin.....
Old 07-08-2009, 08:42 PM   #23
Caboose73

Is the M62 as bad as the MP45 cause the M62 will be off of a cobalt and i thought that charger was alright? and there was supposed to be a , in between stand alone and suspension lol i also forgot to say id be running a cobra h/e with the M62 so there would be a w/a h/e
Old 07-08-2009, 08:50 PM   #24
Spilner521
Boost Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
i don't want to get into an arguement, but there are ways around the supercharger instant wheel spin.....
Yeah I know, but the turbo is it's own way around instant wheel spin. You don't have to do anything else besides control the boost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
Is the M62 as bad as the MP45 cause the M62 will be off of a cobalt and i thought that charger was alright?
As bad in what way?
Old 07-08-2009, 09:14 PM   #25
Caboose73

i know the MP45 maxes out at like 9-10psi and heats up alot.Does the M62 heat up as bad?
Old 07-08-2009, 11:14 PM   #26
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caboose73 View Post
i know the MP45 maxes out at like 9-10psi and heats up alot.Does the M62 heat up as bad?

The MP62 is intercooler capable, so it can be brought up to over 10. I know that some stage 3 cobalts running upwards of 15 with no issues.
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:02 PM   #27
Spilner521
Boost Guru

It can push more air and boost pressure than the M45, but yes, it'll still heat up quite a bit. There's a reason they call them hEatons...

If you're using a water-air intercooler, that will work fine. I don't think you'll get anything close to your 400whp goal out of that supercharger though.
Old 07-09-2009, 06:13 PM   #28
Caboose73

Finally got pics of the block & other goodies

The block is going to be painted black and im just going to stick with a turbo but what should i do about the lifters? I completely over looked them and need a good option im going to be revving around 7200ish.
Old 07-09-2009, 07:25 PM   #29
Caboose73

Block ready for paint

Block sand blasted and ready for paint

Black powder coating

Old 07-09-2009, 07:29 PM   #30
01OldsAleroGt
GLS member

01OldsAleroGt is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via MSN to 01OldsAleroGt Send a message via Yahoo to 01OldsAleroGt
damn that bitch be lookin sexy so far.. keep up on the updates man
Old 07-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #31
Caboose73

Wanted to know everyones thoughts on Borg Warner/ Holset turbos,ive been reading about them over on j-body and other car forums and they seem to be a good turbo to use and alot cheaper then Garret turbos.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #32
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
They're awesome. spyhunter is going to be using a nice big BorgWarner for his new setup, and many many people have had great success with the cost effectiveness of a good sized Holset or BorgWarner unit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spilner521 View Post
Instant boost = instant wheel spin (ask Ion what he thinks).
I think instant power to the ground is fine, you just need to know how to manage the throttle. It just seems to be easier to launch without spinning the wheels with a turbo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwhauck View Post
Like knowing how far to push the pedal.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 01:22 AM   #33
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
i gotta ask where are the funds for this project coming from? i want in on the money..... i have been considering the airforce as a career, maybe then i will have money to do fun things like this
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 03:28 PM   #34
Caboose73

Lots and lots of over time is were the funds are coming from im also going to the bank friday to try and get a loan so i can finish everything before winter.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #35
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
with what as collateral? cuz i you don't got none, fat chance....
Old 07-15-2009, 12:53 AM   #36
Caboose73

co sign and putting 1k down or more if they need it
Old 07-15-2009, 12:55 AM   #37
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
lulz.
Old 07-15-2009, 12:57 AM   #38
kwhauck
2Screwy

honestly getting a loan to finish it is kind of retarded. and it doesn't matter if the king of egypt co-signs for you. On an unsecured loan, they are gonna want collateral, unless you are going to some flea-bitten half ass bank.......
Old 07-15-2009, 01:21 AM   #39
Caboose73

im only getting a 4k loan just to finish paying off the engine,pick up ms2,and a turbo
Old 07-15-2009, 01:28 AM   #40
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
hahahahahahahaha, ONLY a 4K loan....

we need to race,