Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-12-2010, 01:13 PM   #21
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
Anyone else, other then nate? I say its fuel related, nate says its headgaskets...

can't be headgaskets. The minimal amount of coolant i'm loosing, is from the leak under the TB (trickles), my car idles/drives/runs beautifully, and my exhaust has no smoke....
Old 01-12-2010, 02:56 PM   #22
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
Anyone else, other then nate? I say its fuel related, nate says its headgaskets...

can't be headgaskets. The minimal amount of coolant i'm loosing, is from the leak under the TB (trickles), my car idles/drives/runs beautifully, and my exhaust has no smoke....

aaaaand, to my next point.. i never burned coolant out the tailpipe.. and it was not until the VERY END that i started losing coolant... ttop191 can vouch for it running fine, and no smoke.. i lost NO coolant due to the headgasket, the only problem was when the car was off, the gasket was eroded enough, that coolant would seep in, and foul the plugs, it never drew it into the cylinder..

and i had tests, compression was fine, and i also noted that from the increased pressure, when i cranked the engine over (coolant is not compressible, so it resulted in higher compression in that cylinder, and made gases and air seep past when cold
Old 01-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #23
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
bump. any other opinions??
Old 01-12-2010, 08:30 PM   #24
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Quote:
Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXg2aRLVJ-U

I got a pressure tester... and it doesn't work. LAME! I connected it to the schrader valve (gay sprayed out) turned the key to ON (leaving engine off) the pump primed... the tester needle didn't move.

So I repeated this... Needle doesn't move. So I started the car... Needle doesn't move. I press the pressure relief with the car running (should cause gas to shoot out) Nothing. LAME!!!!

Have you changed the fpr yet? If its bad then it may not hold any fuel pressure and thats why your reading was 0 and no gas came out when you pushed the valve in. Thats my guess. Try just turning the key to the on position to prime the fuel rails and then push the schrader valve and see if anything comes out
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:58 PM   #25
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
no gas comes out when you prime?
Old 01-12-2010, 09:20 PM   #26
cherrington17
Gone

tons of gas came out when i primed it. the pressure tester gauge didn't do crap... i think it was broken.
Old 01-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #27
Ttop191
GLS member

Ttop191 will become famous soon enoughTtop191 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Ttop191 Send a message via MSN to Ttop191
Quote:
tons of gas came out when i primed it. the pressure tester gauge didn't do crap... i think it was broken.

think so
Old 01-13-2010, 09:19 AM   #28
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
I was losing all power during start up/ rough starts, it took me a while to find it.. slowly got worse (almost happened every day.)

Turned out It was the negative batt. terminal, The bolt/connection(rubber boot) was tight, but the actual metal plate contact was not seating tightly.

I got a metal washer(5/8" or 1/2" I think?...) It fit perfectly, put dielectric grease on both sides, and it solved all of my problems. 3 months now.

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:23 AM   #29
cherrington17
Gone

DEFINITELY not a battery issue. those are clean and tight.

And i didn't replace the FPR. i was hoping to diagnose the problem first... but it appears that it will be the next thing to do on my list.... Mine is rather rusted/corroded/nasty looking.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:32 AM   #30
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
ok... mine were clean and tight too.. no issues, I would never have guessed that was my prob. You wouldn't think the batt connection would wear out.

But you losing all power means it is should not be fuel related, that video looked identical to my symptoms.

a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #31
cherrington17
Gone

I'll triple check all those connections...

what else?
Old 01-13-2010, 10:49 AM   #32
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

i don't see a power loss in the video, i hear it fire once, and it keeps cranking, i see NO power issues..

like i said, it's a Fuel/air/spark issue, and the starter has nothing to do with "spark"
Old 01-15-2010, 10:31 AM   #33
cherrington17
Gone

Finally got a shot of my UIM.

this has puzzled me. I noticed the back half is darker... its not wet, there nothing around it that IS wet... and it smells like fuel.

Old 01-15-2010, 11:17 AM   #34
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

rear Orings leaking...
Old 01-16-2010, 11:37 PM   #35
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Pictures aren't showing for me.
Old 01-17-2010, 06:27 AM   #36
cherrington17
Gone

(all my onsite pics were deleted... here it is again)
Old 01-17-2010, 09:14 PM   #37
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

I wonder if the o ring on the inlet line to the fuel rail is messed up. Usually when that happens it sprays fuel the other direction thought.
Old 01-28-2010, 04:09 PM   #38
cherrington17
Gone

...aaaannnddd it gets towed to a shop. The fuel rail came off... brought 3 injectors with it. One the electrical connector snapped off of, one is missing the bottom rubber boot, another 2 "boots" are stuck in the lower intake manifold.

and the other 3 are still firmly wedged in the intake. so..yeah. I'm done. Good lord i don't want to pay for this...

sooo pissed
Old 01-28-2010, 09:09 PM   #39
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

There is a guy on grandamgt.com that has some fuel rails with injectors for sale for like 25 plus shipping. It would be cheaper but the car maybe down longer waiting on the parts. A shop is gonna rip you a new ahoe, injectors aren't cheap.

http://grandamgt.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82032
Old 01-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #40
nixon
GX Member

nixon is on a distinguished road
this might sound stupid since i dont know to much about it....but what about if it doesnt have enough compression would head gaskets affect that?
nixon is offline   Reply With Quote