Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Old 11-12-2018, 06:59 PM   #1
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Windows: Wax or Rain-X ?

What's the best way to do the glass? I remember years ago the instructions for wax said to wax all windows except the windshield. Now there are new waxes out there that don't specify, and the ones I have now say use only on painted surfaces. (not headlights??)

There are also new Rain-X products, one is a spray that apparently you can do the body and the glass, and contains the water repellant.

When I used to use the original Rain-X on a windshield, it always seemed to leave a slight haze, which was a little irritating. So how do you guys do your glass in this new age?
Old 11-13-2018, 11:07 AM   #2
homegrown
GX Member

homegrown is on a distinguished road
I use a glass-cleaning clay and then treat with a silicon wipe that comes with PIAA wiper blades.
Old 11-13-2018, 02:22 PM   #3
1970cs
GX Member

1970cs is on a distinguished road
I wash and then rain x every 30 days. This applies to our daily drivers. Oldsmobiles get it once a year.

Pat
1970cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Rain X windshield fluid only, then again I don't really have much rain anymore but it always worked great in Michigan.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
paul ron
GX Member

paul ron is on a distinguished road
once upon a time I use to buy a special rain treatment for my fluid. It worked great but after it went out of business, someone told me I could just add a bit of dish soap to my fluid and it will do the same thing... reduce surface tension which is what causes the uneven film of water on the glass.

Also a very clean windshield is a must for any ofg these products to preform well. I clean the windshield (n all my windows) every now and again using denatured alcohol... the stuff you get at home depot paint department. Just dont get it on the rubber parts. You'd be surprised how much crap comes off the glass, and how clean they will look afterwards. No more glare n streaks.
paul ron is offline   Reply With Quote