Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > L61 2.2L Ecotec Specific

Old 01-29-2023, 10:39 PM   #1
dbral
GX Member

dbral is on a distinguished road
Manual Transmission mounts or inserts

2002 2.2 eco 5speed; Does anyone know where to purchase manual transmission mounts? Thanks in advance
Old 02-11-2023, 11:21 AM   #2
dbral
GX Member

J-body Prothane inserts can be made to work. Could not find an exact fit listed anywhere. Many companies claim that they do have them for a manual trans, however the part numbers listed are the same for the auto trans mounts and insert for some reason. The auto trans mounts do not work for sure. Did not try the auto trans insert though, so maybe that does?
Old 04-23-2023, 07:38 PM   #3
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Have you tried rockauto?
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2023, 11:59 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
They're the same mounts as used on my car and there is just absolutely no stock anywhere. Not enough manual Aleros were made for the typical auto parts store brands to even make them.

transmission mount part numbers (Getrag F23/M86)
front 22604369
rear 22604370

Just have to fill your existing one with polyurethane.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 05:18 PM   #5
dbral
GX Member

Quote:
Have you tried rockauto?

Quote:
They're the same mounts as used on my car and there is just absolutely no stock anywhere. Not enough manual Aleros were made for the typical auto parts store brands to even make them.

transmission mount part numbers (Getrag F23/M86)
front 22604369
rear 22604370

Just have to fill your existing one with polyurethane.

Yep. Looked everywhere too. Ended up with polyurethane. Rock Auto lists the mounts but the part #s are the same for the auto trans/manual trans lol. The insert RA lists may work though? Used the j-body poly inserts from Prothane. They work with minor modification.

Last edited by dbral : 04-24-2023 at 05:20 PM.
dbral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2023, 01:12 AM   #6
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
What kind of minor modification did you do? Just drilling the sleeve 15/32"?

Did you use Prothane 7-514 for the front mount and 7-515 for the rear mount?

I'm about to remove my mounts and measure them to have some billet versions made, or if these inserts work pretty much off the shelf, just do that in the meantime.
Old 08-23-2023, 05:50 PM   #7
dbral
GX Member

Would probably get two 7-515 kits as they have the longer thru-sleeves that will need slightly shortened and also will need drilled out like you said. From what i could see, the only difference in the 7-515 and 7-514 kits is the thru-sleeve. The inserts were the same in both kits.

Yeah, the inserts fit just like factory. Very solid too. Not sure if they were engineered with 600+ hp in mind though lol!
Old 08-23-2023, 07:05 PM   #8
[ion] C2
636 whp

According to the rep, they're around 80A, which is pretty solid, but there's holes in it as well which should allow for a little cushion. I'm sure it's better than whatever condition the OEM ones are in.

But I'm hoping these will keep the engine fairly stationary without the need for the heavy duty billet passenger side engine mount, because that thing vibrated everything like crazy... we'll see, they come in on Thursday and Sunday.

On the dyno my engine basically did not move at all during each pull with that beefy passenger side mount.
Old 08-25-2023, 05:46 PM   #9
dbral
GX Member

Hope those mounts work out!!