Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 11-12-2004, 12:39 AM   #21
-Alero-
GLS member

-Alero- is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to -Alero-
yeah i was thinking of getting the same 3M splicers i used for my gauges but they are more bulkier than these blue ones. and it was tuff enough just to get the splicers in , i got a feeling this wont end well.
Old 11-12-2004, 02:01 PM   #22
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i had to use different connectors. and now either the wire is melted or there is no contact in the connectors because it's not working. lol
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2004, 11:42 PM   #23
-Alero-
GLS member

^ wow that's not good.

well i took the car for a test drive, and i can feel the gears biting harder on that shift from P to D, and when ever it was shifting from 1st to 2nd i never heard the wheels chirp, but i noticed a little bit of a difference, but nothing really. then again i didnt really floor it considering i just drove around my neighborhood for a few seconds. i also tryed it on setting 2, thats when i really noticed a difference in shift time. but do you guys think im not noticeing that much of a difference because i could have a weak connection? i mean does it matter if it has complete metel to metal contact on the splicer? becuase i know its touching i just dont know how much is touching. just wondering if you guys noticed a big difference between stock or setting 1 thats all.
Old 11-13-2004, 01:51 AM   #24
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
i noticed and still notice a difference between the stock and stage1

a good connection is important
Old 11-13-2004, 05:56 PM   #25
-Alero-
GLS member

how easily can you chirp the tires from the shift from 1st to 2nd?
Old 11-13-2004, 06:44 PM   #26
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
ask jturkey. i get in to it about half throttle and at 35-40 mph
Old 11-13-2004, 08:29 PM   #27
-Alero-
GLS member

<_< i wish i knew if it was working enough or not.
Old 11-13-2004, 08:30 PM   #28
-Alero-
GLS member

do you think it can work at half capacity or would it be more something like an all or nothing full connection?
Old 11-13-2004, 09:08 PM   #29
Oldsman
Owner

if your trac off light comes on then it is working. at least that is how i know mine is. it is all or nothing thing.

when you put it from P to D it should hit hard on stage 1. on stage 2 it should sound like you dropped your tranny.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:32 PM   #30
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah ok it sounds like that. but no i dont see my traction light coming on. but then again i only drove my car around the block for like 5 minutes, i never got to 4th gear or really floored it.
Old 11-13-2004, 10:49 PM   #31
Oldsman
Owner

drive it around for awhile and see. i know another guy and i had problems with connection. had to back up and then go forward to get it to turn on but after i soldered now as soon as i put it into gear and start driving it comes on.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:02 PM   #32
-Alero-
GLS member

well you see i dont have a license so all i can really do is drive around my neighborhood
Old 11-13-2004, 11:07 PM   #33
Oldsman
Owner

well i guess you'll have to wait. but if you say it is hard going from P to D then sounds like it is ok.
Old 11-13-2004, 11:29 PM   #34
-Alero-
GLS member

yeah, im pretty sure its working, now all i wanna do is drive it! :wah: :wah: :wah:
Old 11-14-2004, 11:21 PM   #35
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Jump in the passenger seat, and let a friend road test it for you. Then you can have him open it up, and not worry about your license.
Old 11-14-2004, 11:23 PM   #36
Wildman
GL Member

Wildman is an unknown quantity at this point
Question on the B&M also, can you change "stages" on the fly ?? Or do you have to like, turn off the car, pick a stage, and go with it till you shut the car off again or something?
Old 11-15-2004, 12:03 AM   #37
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by Wildman@Nov 14 2004, 10:23 PM
Question on the B&M also, can you change "stages" on the fly ?? Or do you have to like, turn off the car, pick a stage, and go with it till you shut the car off again or something?
turn off the car, pick a stage, and go with it till you shut the car off again
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2004, 12:14 AM   #38
Oldsman
Owner

this is not always true i found out. i have been able to have it off and stop the car put it into P and switch to stage1 and go to 1 and and it turns on. I also have been able to go from stage1 to stage2 but to turn it back off have to shut car off.
Old 11-15-2004, 09:40 AM   #39
-Alero-
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by Wildman@Nov 15 2004, 12:21 AM
Jump in the passenger seat, and let a friend road test it for you. Then you can have him open it up, and not worry about your license.
yeah why dont i just let one of my friends "open up my car" last person i ever let drive my car was my girlfriend and she drove around the block, and easily wrecked it. since then i dont even trust my parents to drive it <_<
Old 12-02-2004, 01:08 AM   #40
-Alero-
GLS member

lol hate to bring this thread back up but i just realized why my tries wont chirp when i floor it. its because they are too new of tires! -_- . it kinda just came to me about a week ago. because i got these tires and rims in early july, and about the first of august my license was suspended. and i baby'd those rims. i only really heard them chirp twice when i floored it at a stop light, thats about it. cause i know these tires dont even have 1k miles on em. dont get me wrong these probably arent the worlds greatest tires but still fairly new, because i havent lost traction with them any more than once or twice, and that was in the rain. :rolleyes: so yeah thats why they wont chirp, and no offence scot, but your tires are probably older and have more mileage and are alot easier to squeel.