Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 12-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #41
PrImEtImE
GL Member

PrImEtImE is an unknown quantity at this point
so the TB and Manifold that I got is just considered a 2.3 or is there a more specific size for it??? (for personal reference)........is the TB a 62mm??? and for now i'm just going to end up priming the manifold and painting it most likely black.
PrImEtImE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #42
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
Quote:
Originally posted by PrImEtImE@Dec 4 2005, 08:23 PM
actually as far as performance I might not get the B&M shifter. I'll just probably go with the TB and manifold, soon a CAI, and possible some springs.............

just incase you are confused...............it is not a B&M shifter but a Electronic Shift improver (like a shift kit). big difference between the 2.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:41 PM   #43
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by PrImEtImE@Dec 4 2005, 09:12 PM
so the TB and Manifold that I got is just considered a 2.3 or is there a more specific size for it??? (for personal reference)........is the TB a 62mm??? and for now i'm just going to end up priming the manifold and painting it most likely black.

they are 2.3 HO manifold and TB. because that is what they came off of and what they only came on.

a HO TB was a 56mm TB.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:44 AM   #44
PrImEtImE
GL Member

so how long approximately would it take to install the manifold, TB, and aem intake. Might be getting it put in this friday. So the TB and manifold are direct bolt on?? and the only modification, if any would be something with the aem intake???
Old 01-18-2006, 03:19 PM   #45
PrImEtImE
GL Member

oh, and also is there anything more that I need to install these parts or can I just use the stock bolts and everything??
Old 01-18-2006, 09:19 PM   #46
Oldsman
Owner

you need the gasket kit which is like $10. just say it is for 90-91 cutlass calias with LGO motor which is the 2.3 HO

it takes a few hours to do. i think mine took like 3 hours. remeber you have reroute wiring and vacuum hoses.

you will also need a section of hose for the brake booster vacuum line which is the hard pipe going to the TB. you'll have to cut it and then add in the hose.
Old 01-18-2006, 10:16 PM   #47
PrImEtImE
GL Member

cool, I picked up the gasket a while ago, it came with I think the intake gasket and TB gasket. And again thanks alot for all the info. Installations will be this friday, hopefully everything goes well. can't wait, hopefully I can feel the difference. I think this should be a good start performance wise. So Friday night I'll let you know how everything is
Old 01-18-2006, 10:17 PM   #48
Oldsman
Owner

if you have any problems or questions let me know. i'll give ya my cell number and then i could walk you threw it.
Old 01-18-2006, 11:31 PM   #49
PrImEtImE
GL Member

that would be very helpful just in case we have any questions. I will be at work most of friday but my brother-in-law will be working on my car, but if we run into any problems or need help with something along the way we can give you a call??
Old 01-19-2006, 03:18 PM   #50
ptrudel
Designated Drunk

ptrudel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to ptrudel
make sure to get pics of it completed
Old 01-19-2006, 03:39 PM   #51
PrImEtImE
GL Member

oh I will, I've had the parts forever so that's the least I can do when it's installed
Old 01-20-2006, 12:06 AM   #52
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
and if possible, do a little write up of what went wrong and what went well. i'll be doing the same install in about a week.
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:56 PM   #53
PrImEtImE
GL Member

well of course, I had all the parts ready to go. But just today I was offered the chance to have some parts chromed. I will be getting the valve cover, and manifold chromed for sure and whatver else we take out. Might go with a red or just a regular chrome. So the install will have to wait a while. Sorry for the delay because I know everyone wanted to see some pics. But the good thing about this is I just have to pay the very small cost for materials, and NO labor. So I couldn't pass this up.....
Old 01-30-2006, 11:50 AM   #54
charley77

what do i have to do to get my alero in the 14's?
4cyl auto
Old 02-15-2006, 05:01 PM   #55
PrImEtImE
GL Member

I give up, I didn't end up getting my engine pieces chromed like planned. I guess it was like a one day idea and than never happened :Noooo: That's ok though less for me to worry about. You would think I would have at least installed the AEM intake i've had forever but nope. All three parts are still sitting in my room. My car has been sitting in my garage pretty much all winter, wish I've worked on a car before, I probably could've tried myself. It's either pay to get it installed or wait for some help. People around here offered to help but I never get it done. LOL, I have ur cell# still oldsman I just don't trust myself working on my own car as far as performance parts goes.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:15 PM   #56
PrImEtImE
GL Member

So I e-mailed a local performance shop and hopefully they can work something out with me even though I'd rather not spend the money. Pretty soon I might have to work out something with somebody on aleromod to help me out....lol..which probably wouldn't be a bad idea since there's good number of alero's with this mod.
Old 03-23-2006, 07:10 PM   #57
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

a good number? i count 2. other than me. and everyone uses the 2.4 throttle body. good luck figuring out the throttle cable predicament without pulling the bracket from a 2.3. that's what's holding me up. i went to the junkyard and grabbed one that i hopes works. i'll post up info soon.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:34 PM   #58
Oldsman
Owner

only reason i used the 2.4 TB was because it was 62mm RSM one.

sometimes you just got to get creative on this crap.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:41 AM   #59
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

well, i got creative alrite. lol. i went to the junkyard today and pulled the throttle bracket from a grand am with the HO 2.3 quad four. my throttle body wheel then needed modified so that the throttle cable was tight, but also allowed the butterfly to close the whole way. big time pain in the butt. i had to use a file to sand the wheel down until it was the right size. everything should be running tomorrow. i hope you don't mind letting your car sit for a little while prime, because this isn't really a one day project. some things you'll have to sit on for a little until you figure them out.

btw, does anyone know if I'm the only one with the 2.3 throttle body installed on an alero? that would be pretty cool, if so.

good luck primetime
Old 03-24-2006, 08:34 AM   #60
battistoni21
V.I.P. Member

battistoni21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to battistoni21
sorryr to jack this thread, but would the 2.3 throttle body give you more hp other than the 2.4???? im just curious
battistoni21 is offline   Reply With Quote