Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > How-To Archive & FAQ

Old 09-27-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
pimpnalero99

So around 11am today I went out to my car to get something out of my trunk. I set my keys down in my trunk to grap something, and forgot to pick them back up. I closed my trunk of course. Without my keys in hand. About 5 mins later I realized it when I was going back out to put that item back into my trunk. Luckily my boss keeps a spare shirt hanging on a medal hanger in the backroom. So I straightened the hanger out and tried to catch the latch on the door so I could get my damn keys out of the trunk. I was out there for an hour and a half. No luck. A customer just happened to mention that the local police station could pop it open for me. So I called them up and they sent a cruiser down within 10 mins. It took him about 5 mins to get it. But he got it! :woohoo:

So the how to part........

1. Try the hanger trick. It works depending on luck
2. Call AAA if ya got it
3. Try the local police department
4. (LAST RESORT) Call the lockssmith. They charge for it though

That's my helpful hint for the day!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:29 PM   #2
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
i have a locksmith down the road. he did mine for free. (old cavy) it was great.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:55 PM   #3
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
fire department will usually do it to....and what is cool is they bring the whole fire truck.....
Old 09-27-2005, 08:59 PM   #4
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
"hey, can you get my door open... and power wash my car while your at it? "

Old 09-27-2005, 09:04 PM   #5
Whitetigerboi83
V.I.P. Member

Whitetigerboi83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via MSN to Whitetigerboi83 Send a message via Yahoo to Whitetigerboi83
i actually had somehting happen to me that way i got out of my car to open the gates and garage didnt push my door all the way closed but somehow it would not open.. well since my car had been broken into before i bought it the driver handle gasket was all tore up i just took a screw driver and poped the lock from under the handle and got back in the car .. but i had to close the door all the way (it still wouldnt open) so i did the screwdriver thing just got to find the right latch to push on and it pops right open... but yeah the hanger thing works if you got power locks or if you can bed it right to pull the lock button out
Old 09-27-2005, 09:46 PM   #6
pimpnalero99

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally posted by cherrington17@Sep 27 2005, 08:59 PM
"hey, can you get my door open... and power wash my car while your at it? "

Ummm let me think about that............................................ :Noooo:
Old 09-27-2005, 09:58 PM   #7
gre0481

I had a similiar situation. February, started car for deice warming purposes.

Went back in the house (got distracted:P) went back out and doors were locked.

Called AAA, they came out; had a tough time. I used his wedge on my window and did it myself with the rod he brought out. A hanger would have worked just as well; I just didn't have any metal hangers.

Wedged the rear driver window, stuck rod in top of window; reached over to putrear passenger window down. would work for latch too; just more finess involved..
Old 09-27-2005, 10:12 PM   #8
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
coat hanger works for me, works pretty easy too... at least in the alero... and 2nd gen eclipses.
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 11:02 PM   #9
misslindseysue

I locked my keys (both sets) in my car at a gas station in St. Ignace, MI on my way to school. The locksmith who came just pried the door open with a wedge that looked like a doorstop and hit the unlock button with a stick.
I was like "I'll have to keep that in mind... I'd be pissed if this wasn't still covered by my warranty."
Also... when my step-grandpa locked the keys in my mom's old van, he called the fire dept. (he's an old fireman) and they had it slim-jimmed open in about 2 sec. flat. They're usually nicer about it than the cops, too, if they aren't busy putting out fires and stuff.
Old 09-27-2005, 11:36 PM   #10
freakout
V.I.P. Member

freakout is an unknown quantity at this point
The damn auto locks got me. Trying to find out which wheel bearing was gone. Car on jack stands, cruise set at 70 kph. I get out and shut the door. I was really lucky just caught on the first catch got it with a coat hanger. Did I ever fell stupid car was at work in the shop.

What a great damn day, I can walk!
freakout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2005, 08:48 AM   #11
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
can you request for the fire dept to come out when you call 911? here i'm pretty sure 911 is for both departments but i know back at school they had a "police non-emergency" # i'm sure they had the same for the fire dept.
Old 09-28-2005, 12:37 PM   #12
misslindseysue

They don't like you calling 911 for non-emergencies. Both fire and police have a business line here. I'm sure it's the same there. It should be in the phone book.
That's how Pat calls the cops on his neighbor all the time. He calls the police business line, it gets the dispatch in town instead of the 911 dispatch which gets you state boys, who send out the townies when they don't want to deal with it. Your neighbor giving you the finger isn't really an emergency, he just has to have a record to prove she's harassing him.
Old 10-06-2005, 08:59 PM   #13
mykie

For $1.47 you can get a copy of your key made at Wal*Mart (yeah, it's a cheap knockoff Axcess key, but who cares?). I have two made, one for me and one for my wife, and we both keep the copy in our wallets.

Since doing this, we have yet to lock ourselves out.
Old 10-23-2005, 12:10 AM   #14
shadow1282000

Exclamation

i locked myself out of the car at work last week with the engine running and the music banging. luckily for me I had the windows cracked so I took a broom and hit the window button. Now when ever I get out the car I roll the window all the way down. Thank god we don't have automatic roll up windows.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:46 PM   #15
Steven01
GL Member

Steven01 is on a distinguished road
HAHAH i locked my keys 3 times in my alero and guys its sad to say but it really takes me 20 seconds. with a coat hanger i can do it evrytime in liek 20 seconds jstu between windo and door. use a cloth to put beside window soo u dotn crach it. I got the coat hanger stuck one time haha coulnt get it out. but after wiggling it a bit and playing it came out. Be Carfull Not to break The lock clip inside. easy fix but still hassel to take door panel apart ext
Steven01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
great you just brought up a 2 year old thread, i hope you're happy

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 10:26 PM   #17
tonyboi261
GX Member

tonyboi261 is on a distinguished road
nice one

99 white alero 4 door-R.I.P you will be missed
92 opal green civic 4 door-h22 turbo running mid 11s

"i might not look like much but im a pro at pretending to be a ninja!"
tonyboi261 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 11:58 PM   #18
jayson_waltz
GLS member

jayson_waltz is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to jayson_waltz
2 years old, but this still happens. call the 5-0, then if they break ur windsheild while unlocking ur car, you get a new one for free. That has happened to 1 of my friends.
jayson_waltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 12:35 PM   #19
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
joels probably has a few suggestions on this one
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 03:22 PM   #20
MixtapeMessiah
Southern Fly Boy returns

MixtapeMessiah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to MixtapeMessiah
I just used a flat blade screwdriver and I was good