Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-20-2022, 06:50 PM   #11
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbral View Post
@that01olds that pretty much sums up the situation at this point for myself and other "customers" of MMS.

Because of my stupidity (AKA trusting in what MMS promises/length of time/etc...) the BBB and other avenues like that probably will not help protect me from myself....and that is the beauty of the MMS "business model".....for MMS....not the customers.

Moving forward, I am going to complete this project with or without MMS.
Spoke with Ben of WOTECH a while back. They have some of the parts I need and would be willing to do a contract/part payment or whatever it takes to make their customer feel comfortable with purchasing custom parts.
Been dealing with Hawks Motorsports for our Firebird project parts. (AWESOME PLACE BTW!!!) Spoke with them about this FWD project and they have the capability to dyno tune it.
Might goof around with the G6 exhaust and see if I can make it work as I have an extra subframe to hack up.

Ultimately, would like to dyno test the setup withhout the MMS headers / TB / Tune and then assuming the MMS stuff arrives, bolt that on and go back to the dyno and see if it is worth $7600 and 4-5-6-7? years of waiting. Judging by what others have experienced, I suspect that the MMS stage 2 will run like sh!t out of the box (or not at all) and is not plug and play in any way unless you have a dyno and tuning software in your garage lol. Hopefully I get proved wrong.

Yeah, it's just not cool and I read the link you posted and he's way past the lead times that he had pointed out. Custom order or not and did you happen to pay with either PayPal or a credit card? The majority of purchases using either of those these days is usually covered. Especially if you have waited years for products you have never received and also hardly gotten any updates on where they currently stand on being finished and sent out.

Nice and yeah Ben at WOT-Tech will take care of you if you end up using him. I've heard good things. He may have branched out to other cars now too, but he's still a good one to use when it comes to builds for this platform and the fact that he's willing to work with you on the payment thing especially given what you have just gone through with Milzy speaks bounds to me about who is he and how he chooses to run his business. Heck yeah that's awesome!!! Having a place to be able to dyno is always a cool thing too!

Makes sense and yeah that's a lot of money to drop on something and wait that long for it. Smh and his latest policy is basically just a way to cover his own ass and not have to deal with things or customers if he doesn't want to is what it sounds like to me. Not a very good approach imo, but again its his business soooo. I hope you get proved wrong too when/if all the stuff you ordered shows up. Like I said hopefully you hear/get something sooner than later. I'd be blowing up his phone/email everyday at this point if it were me or even better I'd just drive up to his shop. It's just not right to do business this way.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote