Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 03-17-2011, 01:40 PM   #101
XanderWiFi
Premier V.I.P. Member

XanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond reputeXanderWiFi has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to XanderWiFi
Did DDM tuning stop selling the 55w HIDs? I am looking at getting a set of 9006 bulbs but I can only select 35w.
Old 03-17-2011, 01:47 PM   #102
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Look at page 4 on this thread. Post by alerojester. It could be dealing with the same thing that he mentioned.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 01:52 PM   #103
RisenequinoX
GL Member

RisenequinoX is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to RisenequinoX Send a message via MSN to RisenequinoX
Well the only reason i'm asking is because i have this spare set of HID's i'm going to try them and see if they fit in the fog light with a little persuasion because i will be bored tonight when i get off work. But what you're saying is that the "standard" hid bulb will still go in the Hi-beam if it were the right connector? although i'm not sure it would be good for brights seeing as it shortens the life of the ballast if you turn them off and on frequently, or so i've read... Anyway no matter how it works out i will probably let you guys know of my success or failure tonight.

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
RisenequinoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:06 PM   #104
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Well the hids for the headlights are a totally different bulb then your fog lights. Also probably to long and wont go in all the way and or lock in place.

Basically if u want hi beam hids just get a pair of bi xenon ones and put em in place of where your low beam hids are. Yet idk if they will work because the car wasn't ment to have them and when you flip on your hi beams it will want to turn on your stock hi beam bulbs instead of the bi xenon one.

I don't know if anyone one on here has bi xenon in there car or not. But I know it wont work. You would have to wire it somehow into your hi beam wiring im guessing..
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 03-17-2011, 02:26 PM   #105
RisenequinoX
GL Member

well what would problem be with having HID's in the brights? i mean its technically the same bulb but different connector? idk but i don't see why they wouldn't activate when i flipped on the brights..

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 02:36 PM   #106
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Well the hids for the headlights are a totally different bulb then your fog lights. Also probably to long and wont go in all the way and or lock in place.

Basically if u want hi beam hids just get a pair of bi xenon ones and put em in place of where your low beam hids are. Yet idk if they will work because the car wasn't ment to have them and when you flip on your hi beams it will want to turn on your stock hi beam bulbs instead of the bi xenon one.

I don't know if anyone one on here has bi xenon in there car or not. But I know it wont work. You would have to wire it somehow into your hi beam wiring im guessing..

With the dual hi/low beam HID's, you would get the dual in/out ballasts. I'm guessing you would run the high beam plug to the ballast and it will output to just the one bulb? or maybe it outputs to two bulbs... I don't really know...
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 02:39 PM   #107
sleepyalero
GLS member

Im not sure either. All I know is you CAN'T get a high beam hid bulb. The only options they come in is either low beam, or bi xenon (hi and low in 1 bulb)
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 02:49 PM   #108
RisenequinoX
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
With the dual hi/low beam HID's, you would get the dual in/out ballasts. I'm guessing you would run the high beam plug to the ballast and it will output to just the one bulb? or maybe it outputs to two bulbs... I don't really know...

Would that be necessary if you have a cobalt which only uses one bulb IIRC? But it makes more sense to have 1 ballast for 2 bulbs... this is definitely something to learn about though

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #109
sleepyalero
GLS member

Im not sure. I know that one ballast powers 1 bulb. Lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 03:12 PM   #110
RisenequinoX
GL Member

well i will see tonight whether or not they will work in the highs, if not then fogs, if not then i have and extra HID kit haha

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #111
sleepyalero
GLS member

Yup you could sell it or keep it just in case something happens. Let us know.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 03:32 PM   #112
robalero
GLS member

robalero is on a distinguished road
ok first off, 9005 and 9006 is the same bulb all you need is the little rubbers around the light. DDM always gives you both. as for that 3m tape well it was great at first really good and stuck on but after a month it came off on me so I used zipped ties
Old 03-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #113
sleepyalero
GLS member

Haven't had problems with mine yet.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 08:10 PM   #114
RisenequinoX
GL Member

i think im going to order 9005 bulbs cheap because, despite what robalero has to say, they actually have a smaller base than the 9006's do ( see pics Below). I was unable to fit them so i have an extra set

9006 on left 9005 on right

fog light is just a hair shorter, and has a smaller base as well.

As you can see i broke my blue fog light (not that blue when lit lol) trying to put it back in

What i was trying to achieve

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-17-2011, 10:12 PM   #115
sleepyalero
GLS member

Good luck careful not to break the hid or touch it!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-17-2011, 10:25 PM   #116
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
off topic, but does anyone else have issues with their fog lights rusting out? I seem to be having this problem a lot! I replaced the plugs, and the fog light housings and still have this problem....
Old 03-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #117
RisenequinoX
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
off topic, but does anyone else have issues with their fog lights rusting out? I seem to be having this problem a lot! I replaced the plugs, and the fog light housings and still have this problem....

yeah i frequently (2:1 compared to passenger side) replace my drivers side fog light... the projector is cracked but i put some clear nail polish over it. hopefully that does the trick

100,000 Mi 3/29/2011
Old 03-18-2011, 12:14 AM   #118
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

Mine is the passenger side.... but the driver side just recently died as well... The bulbs were only 4 months old.... It frustrates me to no end... The housings are in really good shape... I can't figure out how water gets in them! I even tried using silicone adhesive in certain spots on the housing that looks like water could get into, and still no luck.... Water gets in there somehow and rusts out the prongs to the lights....

Here's what the old plug ended up looking like:

And my new ones I put in:

And I know I had a picture of the bulb.....what was left of it..... I just can't find it. lol
Old 03-18-2011, 01:12 AM   #119
sleepyalero
GLS member

I had the same problem. That's another reason why I didn't want to buy more cause mine filled with water
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-18-2011, 01:16 AM   #120
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

I just thought that the ones that were on the car when I bought it were cracked or something... So I bought new ones.... Guess I was wrong. Oh well... I'm going to come up with something different for fog lights...