Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 08-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #1
Dobbie
GX Member

Dobbie is on a distinguished road
Injector cleaning

Might be noob question but I want to know before hand, do you need to (or is it just should) replace the o-rings on injectors if you pull them out?

I was thinking of maybe pulling them some weekend to do a really good cleaning but I didn't want to find out the hard way that I would need the o-rings and not have them.

I have never pulled injectors before but I have come to believe it's nothing, and yes I know that I should pull the fuel pump relay when the car is to depressurize the fuel rail.

This would be on my 2.2 if anyone is wondering. Any suggestions or helpful comments would be great.
Old 08-30-2011, 07:55 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
The chances of a modern fuel injector clogging are near zero. How do you plan on cleaning them? Taking them to a fuel injection company like Kinsler, where they bench test them for flow rate at various pressures and check spray patterns? I took mine there and watched them test my heavily used injectors to find that they perform just as they would new..

Even after "depressurizing," fuel will go everywhere. Use a towel.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2011, 10:32 PM   #3
Dobbie
GX Member

I was just planning on using carb cleaner. I remember that the fuel filter appeared to be factory so I wanted to make sure the injectors were good and clean.

I've just been thinking of ways to ensure the car runs it's best and stays that way without spending much. I'm handy enough when it comes to car work but I still could learn a lot and am willing to do so when I have the time.

You think it's not worth the time, how about anyone else? The more input the better.
Old 08-30-2011, 10:43 PM   #4
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
Not worth it. Take them off when you feel like upgrading them. Otherwise it's just an unneeded hassle. Make sure to use lots of oil on the o-rings so they slide into place and don't get stuck or twisted, otherwise you could have a nice fire when all that fuel sprays onto a hot engine. One of the first times I upgraded injectors, my rail didn't sit at the right angle so it was spraying fuel all over on the head.. good thing I caught it before things got too hot.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:12 AM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
if you dont have a reason like a missfire to suspect a bad injector... leave them. run some fuel system cleaner through the tank and call it a day.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:50 AM   #6
Dobbie
GX Member

Thanks guys, now this is why I ask first lol