Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 08-01-2012, 06:01 PM   #1
redrider07
GX Member

redrider07 is on a distinguished road
Drivers side headlight issue!

Ok, this is going to be a long question, but I need help because its driving me nuts! I have not posted here in a while, and I need fellow Alero opinions

All of a sudden my drivers side headlights both high and low beam do not work! I was driving one night and they started flickering, and even my daytime running lights came on at night? The Kicket, the side marker and turn signal do work, just not the hi and low beam! Also, the entire passenger light is fine, everything works! Now, I have a hid kit which has worked great forever. First I ordered and tried new bulbs for drivers side, nothing! Next, I replaced the ballast thinking it was bad, nothing! Then I swapped out and used a known working ballast and bulb.....nothing! The weird thing is that the turn signal and side marker are fine! Next, I checked the fuse box and pulled the little 15 amp blue fuse, it was blown for left head light Assembly! I replaced it with a known working one, still nothing.....WTF! So, I am thinking maybe fog light relay or head light relay switch or bad ground? Maybe dirty connector or short? Why would half the light work, and other half not work? My next step is to get a voltmeter and test and make sure both connections to headlight Assembly are getting voltage? Lastly, where in the fuse box is the relay for the headlights/fog lights! I ordered the relay already, but the number is different then what the fuse box says? Do you guys know what number it is labeled in the diagram?

Any ideas guys...this is driving me nuts!
redrider07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Did you check both fuses? there are separate fuses for each headlamp. Also, you have HIDs? Do you have them for both hi and lo? If one of them was ran through the one with the DRL, you would have had to cut a pin on the relay or else the ballast freaks out bc it can't run half power. I think there is also a fuse on either the driver or passenger side for exterior lights, but I don't think this would effect it.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 04:53 PM   #3
redrider07
GX Member

redrider07 is on a distinguished road
I fixed the issue thanks man. I had a connector on wrong, even though I thought I checked it, and for the fog lights the relay in the passenger fuse box was bad! Replaced it and it works like a charm! Also, you a Wolverine fan....saw you are from Ann Arbor?
redrider07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #4
jhubbz
⌘ Irish Pride

jhubbz is on a distinguished road
Kinda... I was born n raised in Ann Arbor, but I went to EMU. I do root for UofM for football tho.

Done lost my mind
jhubbz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #5
MiLo
GX Member

MiLo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by redrider07 View Post
I fixed the issue thanks man. I had a connector on wrong, even though I thought I checked it, and for the fog lights the relay in the passenger fuse box was bad! Replaced it and it works like a charm! Also, you a Wolverine fan....saw you are from Ann Arbor?

what was the number on the fog light relay? i have similar issue..
or if anyone knows the number please let me know.. i was wondering why my fogs never worked.. the number on the relay was wrong.
JVC kw-hdr720 Double Din Head Unit
Polk Audio DXi691 Coaxial & DXi461 Plate Speakers
White/Glossified Plasti-Dipped OEM 15" Rims
Red Painted Brake Calipers & Drums
CarDomain home page is pretty much before pix.
The after pix haven't been taken yet... Still under construction
MiLo is offline   Reply With Quote