Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LD9 2.4L Twin Cam Specific

Old 02-02-2004, 11:42 AM   #21
Final-Reality

Quote:
Originally posted by Sportalero@Feb 1 2004, 01:29 AM
The posts i see about switching out parts from the 2.3 motor like the intake and exhaust cams, do they have anything to do with compression or were they stronger in this model? (about to sell my 6 to my sister and buy a 4, so tryna find out how many upgrades i'll be workin with)
The 2.3 has less a much less restrictive intake manifold and more aggressive cams. The intake manifold can be fairly easily bolted up to the 2.4 head, but the cams require special machining... I'd recommend aftermarket cams that are proven to work with the stock PCM if you're looking for more aggressive cams.

Or if you're just looking for a small boost, the 'secret cam swap' provides a decent increase in power from 3000 up to 6500rpm redline, I'm told, and it's very cheap
Old 02-02-2004, 06:09 PM   #22
NoSweat83
I Have ONE NUT

NoSweat83 is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks Silver. What kind of cams are out there for aftermarket for what im doing? Where to go and how much?
Old 02-03-2004, 01:22 AM   #23
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Fast Eddie is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Fast Eddie Send a message via Yahoo to Fast Eddie
Quote:
Originally posted by Final-Reality+Feb 2 2004, 10:42 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Final-Reality @ Feb 2 2004, 10:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sportalero@Feb 1 2004, 01:29 AM
The posts i see about switching out parts from the 2.3 motor like the intake and exhaust cams, do they have anything to do with compression or were they stronger in this model? (about to sell my 6 to my sister and buy a 4, so tryna find out how many upgrades i'll be workin with)
The 2.3 has less a much less restrictive intake manifold and more aggressive cams. The intake manifold can be fairly easily bolted up to the 2.4 head, but the cams require special machining... I'd recommend aftermarket cams that are proven to work with the stock PCM if you're looking for more aggressive cams.

Or if you're just looking for a small boost, the 'secret cam swap' provides a decent increase in power from 3000 up to 6500rpm redline, I'm told, and it's very cheap [/b][/quote]
The "secret cam swap" is relativly easy (cost about 500).

the HO intake requires extensive mods to make even a small gain (including two TIG welds and some porting as well as the TB mods) so its not really all that easy.

NOt sure what you're talking about "special machining" since the cam swap is just a bolt in <_< and the cams swap about matches what is out there as for what is agressive and works with the stock PCM.
Old 02-03-2004, 09:19 AM   #24
Final-Reality

RSM has more considerably more aggressive cams that they claim works with the stock PCM, IIRC.

And the HO intake swap, compared to what else is out there (nothing except a $1200 intake from induction dynamics) is cheap.
Old 02-04-2004, 11:22 PM   #25
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
RSm cams won't work with stock PCM or stock cam towers. RSM needs to machine the cam towers and reflash PCM with their w-41 cams.

Eddie i think what final meant was HO cams or w-41 cams.

far as 2.3 manifold, it is fairly easy. just port match, modify a few holes and manifold that will flow much better. and it works great with FI and n2o.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:26 AM   #26
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

According to what most the the "gurus" on JBO say the 2.3 manny requires a few beads run so that the ports are truely matched; otherwise you actaully lose power(to turbulence?) so unless you are putting the beads on the manny there is no point.

I'll have to take pix when I do this....
Old 02-11-2004, 02:11 AM   #27
Fast Eddie
V.I.P. Member

Oh yeah then there is also the joy of repositioning the TB.
Old 02-11-2004, 05:14 PM   #28
Spy

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Eddie@Feb 11 2004, 07:11 AM
Oh yeah then there is also the joy of repositioning the TB.
that's actually the easy part.