Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > New Member Introductions

Old 02-09-2016, 08:30 AM   #1
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

IbnAlfreak is on a distinguished road
Hello From Ohio!

Hello all! I was pretty excited to find a forum that talked about Aleros. Let me introduce myself:

My name is Nate, I'm from Ohio and I'm 19. I'm really in to cars, and learning as I go. (However, I'm still a noob when it comes to stuff so have a little patience)

I bought my first car 7 months ago, and it may not look like something special to the rest of you, but she's special to me. GLADOS is her name (Named after the portal video game). She's a 1999 Alero GX Coupe I bought for $1700. 180,000 and still runs like a champ! I just wish it was a manual For a car only a few years younger than me, it looks great (I love the coke-bottle styling) and is beyond fun to drive. Before I bought it, I had never paid much attention to Aleros, but now they're one of my favorite cars! I hope that one day I'll learn enough to the point to do a complete rebuild of it., because you never forget your first car. Here's some pictures:

Last edited by IbnAlfreak : 08-26-2016 at 06:30 PM.
IbnAlfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 09:14 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome, my name is Nathan. Sometimes i go by Nate. But around the car shows and stuff, i prefer Sleepy.

Anywho, we all here have a love for the alero. Is that a v6 you own? Or 4cyl?

I have a v6 model, and swapped in a 6 speed manual trans. Very pricey. But damn worth it.

Sadly the forums are not what they used to be though alot of us still lurk around and answer questiond best we can. The forum has TONS of great information, make sure you use the search tab. Alot of stuff have been answered before. But if you cant get an answer dont hesitate to ask.

Fathers day weekend, some of us memebers here meet up in Lansing Michigan for the Alero show/meet. And the Oldsmobile homecoming show that is also happening that weekend. Im in indiana, if you get the chance to go, it would be great to meet a new enthusiast. I can meet you somewhere along the way and we can train our way up to Lansing. Just a thought!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 10:25 AM   #3
1970cs
GX Member

1970cs is on a distinguished road
Welcome to Aleromod! Looks like a good place to start with the car straight and hardly any rust.

04 GLS coupe. OCA senior preservation class

Pat
1970cs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:44 PM   #4
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1970cs View Post
Welcome to Aleromod! Looks like a good place to start with the car straight and hardly any rust.

Pat

Thanks! I'm surprised an Ohio car as old as the 99 didn't have any rust either. The guy before me owned it in Florida and Texas thankfully.
Old 02-09-2016, 05:42 PM   #5
IbnAlfreak
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Welcome, my name is Nathan. Sometimes i go by Nate. But around the car shows and stuff, i prefer Sleepy.

Anywho, we all here have a love for the alero. Is that a v6 you own? Or 4cyl?

I have a v6 model, and swapped in a 6 speed manual trans. Very pricey. But damn worth it.

Sadly the forums are not what they used to be though alot of us still lurk around and answer questiond best we can. The forum has TONS of great information, make sure you use the search tab. Alot of stuff have been answered before. But if you cant get an answer dont hesitate to ask.

Fathers day weekend, some of us memebers here meet up in Lansing Michigan for the Alero show/meet. And the Oldsmobile homecoming show that is also happening that weekend. Im in indiana, if you get the chance to go, it would be great to meet a new enthusiast. I can meet you somewhere along the way and we can train our way up to Lansing. Just a thought!

Two Nates, cool! Your car looks like a beast BTW. I have the 2.4 Twin Cam. I would love to go to the meet, but I have two jobs and go to school full time. I'm always busy

Last edited by IbnAlfreak : 02-09-2016 at 05:47 PM.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:44 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IbnAlfreak View Post
Two Nates, cool! Your car looks like a beast BTW. I have the 2.4 Twin Cam. I would love to go to the meet, but I have two jobs and go to school full time. I'm always busy

Call in sick

And thanks man, you will find tons of pics around the site of my car. Lol
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 02:24 AM   #7
Valley olds
GLS member

Valley olds is an unknown quantity at this point
Welcome to Aleromod. Like sleepy said, you will find plenty of great info here.
Old 02-09-2016, 10:38 AM   #8
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome Nate.

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote