Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 12-01-2003, 06:25 PM   #1
boarder211

Ok all... I just got my 2nd amp :thumbsup: (well, just won it on Ebay today to be exact), and am allready thinking about how I'm going to hook it up. Power's easy, as I've already got a cap and a distribution block, but I was wondering about the RCA's.

I'm going to be bridging the two amps into each of my subs, and was wondering what the recommended practice is for the RCA connections. I do have a HU that's got 2 pre outs, one's front, the other's back, so I could run it that way. Otherwise, I was thinking about getting a Y-adaptor for the RCA's and splitting my current connection into both of the amps. And ideas peeps? Would this degrade my sound quality? Or not enough that I'll notice....?
Old 12-01-2003, 06:27 PM   #2
dopey

go ahead and get some good y connectors...... shouldnt hurt the signal to much.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:37 PM   #3
boarder211

Thanks man. That's all I needed to hear.
Old 12-01-2003, 07:49 PM   #4
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
dont forget, some amps have rca outs also. y connectors are fine. i use them on my audiobahn amp.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:33 PM   #5
nnewton123

i 3rd the y adapters or daisy chain if available
Old 12-01-2003, 09:16 PM   #6
crazykid

radio shack y adapters are amazing
Old 12-01-2003, 09:51 PM   #7
AleroRyda

Quote:
Originally posted by boarder211@Dec 1 2003, 11:25 PM
I'm going to be bridging the two amps into each of my subs, and was wondering what the recommended practice is for the RCA connections. I do have a HU that's got 2 pre outs, one's front, the other's back, so I could run it that way. Otherwise, I was thinking about getting a Y-adaptor for the RCA's and splitting my current connection into both of the amps. And ideas peeps? Would this degrade my sound quality? Or not enough that I'll notice....?
I had two amps, each one bridged, one for each sub. They were wired with the left RCA input into the left input of one amp and the right RCA input into the left input of the other amp. Hope this helps.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:12 PM   #8
sound_xtreme
GLS member

sound_xtreme is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to sound_xtreme Send a message via MSN to sound_xtreme Send a message via Yahoo to sound_xtreme
Quote:
Originally posted by AleroRyda+Dec 2 2003, 02:51 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (AleroRyda @ Dec 2 2003, 02:51 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-boarder211@Dec 1 2003, 11:25 PM
I'm going to be bridging the two amps into each of my subs, and was wondering what the recommended practice is for the RCA connections.Â;-) I do have a HU that's got 2 pre outs, one's front, the other's back, so I could run it that way.Â;-) Otherwise, I was thinking about getting a Y-adaptor for the RCA's and splitting my current connection into both of the amps.Â;-) And ideas peeps?Â;-) Would this degrade my sound quality?Â;-) Or not enough that I'll notice....?
I had two amps, each one bridged, one for each sub. They were wired with the left RCA input into the left input of one amp and the right RCA input into the left input of the other amp. Hope this helps. [/b][/quote]
i wouldnt do that. it would be like having one big unbridged amp. i tend to like bridged better cause it is louder in most cases.
Old 12-02-2003, 03:54 PM   #9
99blackalero

i had to use y adaptors once before i got my new HU and it will sound pretty much the same