Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-30-2004, 03:47 PM   #1
Grant

Talking

Hi all!

Read a letter to the editor in the August issue of Sport Truck (I get alot of mags as I work for an aftermarket accessory manuf.) about "descreening" a mass airflow sensor. Editor's reply was that Chevy figured out they could make a few more HP by removing the screen, which they did in the '02 and '03 Z06 Corvettes. The reponse goes on to say that aftermarket MAF's come without the screen so there is some validity in taking them out...but others say the screen straightens the airflow for more accurate readings by the wire sensor.

Has anyone "descreened" their MAF and peformed a before and after dyno run? Even if you don't have scientific data, what results did you obtain?

I'd rather do a little bench racer work than part with $300+ for a Pro-M or Granatelli modified MAF.
Old 06-30-2004, 04:12 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
I pulled out my screen close to 4 years ago. I didn't really feel any big gain but I wasn't running an intake then either.

All your really doing is improving airflow, it will help but I doubt the you will gain anymore then 1 HP by doing this.

A lot of guys on the site will say that it's bad to remove the screen, because if anything gets up in your intake, the screen is the last line of defense. But the holes on the screen are bigger than those on a cone filter anyway.

Don't buy the Granatelli MAF I hear it's junk. If you do get one Pro-M is the way to go.

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 04:32 PM   #3
Grant

Thanks for the info...
Old 07-03-2004, 01:08 PM   #4
RubyRedSS

Anyone know how to get ahold of a PRO-M? A link would be useful.
Old 07-03-2004, 01:26 PM   #5
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally posted by RubyRedSS@Jul 3 2004, 12:08 PM
Anyone know how to get ahold of a PRO-M? A link would be useful.
Dig it B) ---------> http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=4351

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote