Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 02-26-2005, 01:45 PM   #1
AleroBloke

I need some help, It didn't come with instructions. I do consider myself a handy man, I don't know much about these cold air intakes.but someone can help me and post maybe a diagram of what i have, maybe naich can help me with this, thanks so much.!! I will have pictures tomarrow..having camera problems..hehe thanks
or if someone can walk me through just how the couplers and pipes and set ups are..my tele is 801-953-5737 all you cell phone users, its the weekend and your minutes are free! haha..oh yeah, marie, feel free to call me anytime too B) jk
Old 02-26-2005, 02:45 PM   #2
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Dude your weird haha j/k

Before you read make sure you are knowledgable to know that how to use clamps and the MAF as well as cut a hole with a saws-all in the fender area.

Now to the CAI. The basic setup is short pipe replace the acordian shaped rubber tube with AIT sensor on it. If you dont have the hole in the short tube than you will have to drill it with a 3/8-1/2 bit. Then silicone around the lip of the sensor. attach to MAF with necessary coupling. Attach a coupling to the 45 degree pipe I think it is. Then you want to route it behind the battery into the hole you cut in the fender. Attach the filter with a coupler and you should be good to do the reverse steps now. Plastic back in and wheel back on. blah blah blah...you know.

If I missed anything then i suck and life will go on. Good luck

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2005, 10:42 PM   #3
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
with naichs I didn't think you needed to cut any of the wheel well
Old 02-26-2005, 10:54 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
you don't.......he got it installed though, should have pics soon......
Old 02-27-2005, 07:29 PM   #5
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
not even with the 3"? i have the 2.5" and i didnt' think there was enough room for a 3", thats cool if there is though
Old 02-27-2005, 08:51 PM   #6
IndyAlero

ya i got a 3" custom CAI and its a pain to get in but i managed to do it.....
Old 03-02-2005, 01:43 AM   #7
Naich
The Founder

Naich is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Naich
Hey guys... I just wanted to let ya know that since bloke was my first order, I was still writing up the modified instructions when he installed it. I didn't think it would get there so quickly as it did, so I was thinking I had the weekend to write the instructions. I was away from the computer most of the weekend.

Anyway, I'm glad you got it installed. From now on, instructions will be mailed out with the intake. :thumbsup:

Naich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:49 AM   #8
Kurt Zee

is there a good hot-to pic thread on what this looks like? i'm thinking about ordering one.....
Old 04-05-2005, 10:48 AM   #9
alerosport.com

thats awsome you have it so there is no cutting that would have been nice. I know alot of people on ebay sell some similar then in small print it says some cutting may be required. lol
Old 04-05-2005, 09:26 PM   #10
AleroBloke

The fit was really really really close, I probably will cut the pipe that attatches to my filter but that is about it, not cutting hte fender well or anything it fits in almost perfectly, just kinda pushes against the bumper piece, thats why i'm gonna cut the end of the pipe and slide the filter up farther so it isn't pushing against the front bumper. All in all it is a pretty sound set up, my battery wasn't angled as well so the fit was pretty near close.maybe there could be a bend--in the last piece that connects to the filter --to bend it toward north of the car instead of having it pointing west, i can see it fitting much better that way imo. but it is a good fit just cut the piece at the end of the pipe and your just fine....very good very good very good cai though