Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Alero Appearance

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 10:52 PM   #1
Babyblue
GL Member

Babyblue is on a distinguished road
Window Tint Too Dark?

Well I was driving around Wednesday night and I see flashing lights in my rear view. I pull over and the cop walks up to my car and taps his flashlight on the window. He said "The reason I pulled you over is because your windows are to dark" I said "I know".( I've had my windows 5% all around for three years and now I get pulled over ) Then he started talking about the law and what you can and cannot have. But in the end I got a "fix it ticket"....Since I am in love with my window tint and how dark it is...My plan is to go to the junk yard. Get windows off a Alero that have NO tint on them at all. Take my windows out and replace them with the NON-Tinted ones. Get my car checked by the court that I have to go to within 15 days. When that is said and done, I will then go and put my Tinted windows back in. I guess the lesson I learned is don't always drive with your windows up if they are 5%. But since I love my Alero so much...I will do anything to keep her looking sexy!
2004 GLS #40 of the final 500. 3500 swap and F-40 6-speed.
Old 08-02-2014, 01:21 AM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Hahahahah thats alot of work just for that, but saves you the money for re tint.

20% is what I have, and honestly my limit. 5 is to dark at night, but nice.

In my area, cops dont really bother me about tint. Plus when it is warm out my windows are always down night and day... ive been pulled over twice in the 6 years ive had the car for my tint.

First pull over: cop said he didnt care just wanted to warn me some rookies on the force might pull me over for it, real nice guy. Then we got into it about my car he really liked it and asked what all I had done to it. (This and the next pull over was about a year ago)

Second time: I guess it eas a rookie cop. 2 weeks after I was warned about possibility of getting pulled over I did. He gave me a verbal warning, since then nothing. It helps I know all the night cops in my area so they dont bother me.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:24 PM   #3
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyblue View Post
Well I was driving around Wednesday night and I see flashing lights in my rear view. I pull over and the cop walks up to my car and taps his flashlight on the window. He said "The reason I pulled you over is because your windows are to dark" I said "I know".( I've had my windows 5% all around for three years and now I get pulled over ) Then he started talking about the law and what you can and cannot have. But in the end I got a "fix it ticket"....Since I am in love with my window tint and how dark it is...My plan is to go to the junk yard. Get windows off a Alero that have NO tint on them at all. Take my windows out and replace them with the NON-Tinted ones. Get my car checked by the court that I have to go to within 15 days. When that is said and done, I will then go and put my Tinted windows back in. I guess the lesson I learned is don't always drive with your windows up if they are 5%. But since I love my Alero so much...I will do anything to keep her looking sexy!

Way to skirt the law ... Not goin to get any support from me. You deserve every ticket you are going to get.
Old 08-02-2014, 04:19 PM   #4
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
I live in NH and have 20% all the way around and have not had any trouble with the police or inspections.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
Old 08-02-2014, 05:19 PM   #5
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
whats the leagle limit for tint in your area blue?
Old 08-02-2014, 07:36 PM   #6
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
I assume 35
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:30 PM   #7
Babyblue
GL Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by negolien View Post
Way to skirt the law ... Not goin to get any support from me. You deserve every ticket you are going to get.

This is my car...Why should I have to listen or obey what someone tells me to do on my car that I bought. I should have the right to do whatever I want to my car. No questions asked. Sorry but it's stupid that another person like you or me should be able to hand out a ticket to a kid for window tint. Why are they not catching real criminals?? Cops think they are above the law...They are a bunch of jokes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
whats the leagle limit for tint in your area blue?

This is a copy/paste from the Michigan traffic laws.

Question: Can I have tinted windows on my vehicle?

Answer: The law that covers window applications is MCL 257.709 . The use of tinting is limited to the rear side windows, the rear window if the vehicle has outside mirrors on both sides, and the top 4 inches of the front side windows. There is a limited exception for medical necessity with a doctor's prescription, which allows for tinting to be applied to the front side windows as well. Michigan does not have a specification for the darkness of the window application, but does prohibit applications with a solar reflectivity greater than 35%.

Question: If I have a signed letter by my doctor indicating a medical necessity for tinted windows can another person drive my vehicle if the windows are tinted?

Answer: MCL 257.709(3)(e) allows for front side window tinting with "...a letter signed by a physician or optometrist, indicating that the special window treatment or application is a medical necessity. However, the special window treatment or application shall not interfere with or obstruct the driver's clear vision of the highway or an intersecting highway." A vehicle equipped with such tinting could not legally be driven by a person other than the person to whom the letter was given.
Old 08-03-2014, 01:57 PM   #8
smccarthy1883
GX Member

smccarthy1883 is on a distinguished road
So it says there is no limit on how dark you can go. Just solar reflection, which I assume is mirror tint?
Old 08-03-2014, 02:15 PM   #9
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
So in other words you can only tint 4"of the front side Windows without a prescription from a doctor....
also most laws require that an officer should be able to identify how many occupants are in a vehicle and what sex they are at night.... with anything past 35% their ability to do so is compromised which is how they enforce most tint tickets....

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
Old 08-03-2014, 02:24 PM   #10
sleepyalero
GLS member

Window tint is a dumb law/good law. Its good to keep officers safe. But dumb becuase 35% doesnt do sht and is a waste of money
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Quote:
Quote:
Old 08-03-2014, 02:53 PM   #11
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
just go to the office and say you removed your tint, i heard most of the time they won't even come outside to look

i guess it'd be awkward if they did
Old 08-03-2014, 02:57 PM   #12
negolien
GL Member

negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien negolien
Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyalero View Post
Window tint is a dumb law/good law. Its good to keep officers safe. But dumb becuase 35% doesnt do sht and is a waste of money

Laws are enacted for a reason you don't like them vote to have them changed. To disobey a law because YOU feel it's not appropriate makes you a criminal /shrug wonder what other laws you break.
Old 08-03-2014, 03:26 PM   #13
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
Quote:
Laws are enacted for a reason you don't like them vote to have them changed. To disobey a law because YOU feel it's not appropriate makes you a criminal /shrug wonder what other laws you break.
I here what you mean. But if your car passes inspection once a year i do not see the problem. Its the same thing with people with lifted trucks putting stock tires to pass inspection.
1999 auburn mist metallic gls sedan R.I.P
2005 Subaru legacy 2.5i 190k. New rims and tires for summer.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #14
Babyblue
GL Member

Quote:

LOL. Dude the law is stupid. If i'm a criminal for having to dark of window tint. This society is crap. I am from Canada and a cop is not going to pull you over for having to dark of window tint. The cops here in the U.S.A are a bunch of CRIMINALS with badges and gun. I have no respect for any of them.

Worst country in the world=
Old 08-03-2014, 06:01 PM   #15
negolien
GL Member

And there it is...
Old 08-03-2014, 06:52 PM   #16
Babyblue
GL Member

Quote:
And there it is...

What are you even trying to say by that? I'm not trying to be offensive to you at all but just speaking my opinion about the whole thing.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:36 PM   #17
negolien
GL Member

Way over the line bro..but like I said I knew you were going there so no surprise thanks for not letting me down.

Old 08-03-2014, 07:50 PM   #18
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

That must mean you have never sped or turned up your music louder then allowed by law otherwise you are common criminal and deserve to be punished
Old 08-03-2014, 08:02 PM   #19
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
well the discussion quality sure has hit the shitter
Old 08-03-2014, 08:11 PM   #20
Babyblue
GL Member

Quote:
Way over the line bro..but like I said I knew you were going there so no surprise thanks for not letting me down.

Well Now I know who acts like a "..." On this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by [ion] C2 View Post
well the discussion quality sure has hit the shitter

Well Negolien is apparently a law enforcer..

Anyways I Have a plan to keep my car looking amazing and i'm sticking too it!
Closed Thread