Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 05-08-2005, 08:12 PM   #1
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
anyone else besides me and Jabartram interested in Milzy's cam setup? I think that if there are enough people from this board that show interest, then the next buy he makes might be a little cheaper for us who are truly interested in making the buy..... opinions?

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 08:19 PM   #2
1WhiteOSV

when I'm getting my headers and everything instalelled 2morrow I will talk to the guy to see what kinda price he'd charge me to put a cam in...if it's good I'll be interested.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:48 AM   #3
mfuller

It's a lotta work to a cam in these motors, the dude who got the first got a smokin' deal from Milzy on labor.
That said, personally I think it's just to damn lumpy for a daily driver, especially when there have been no documented results as to gains/losses.....and God only knows if it'll pass emissions.
Old 05-09-2005, 07:49 AM   #4
Alerosince99

I'm interested but I still want to see some dyno sheets. I also want to make sure that they have the cam sensor issue resolved.

Its a toss up. If he has good numbers to back it up I may put off having one of the blanks done to my specs.
Old 05-09-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

I totally agree Matt, but from what I remember of that guy's car, he went with the "stage 2" setup, complete with heads... I'm most certain if this thing flies, 95% of people would go with the more streetable "stage 1", myself included. Thing of it is, the install seems like alot to most people, that's why I wanted to put a bug in everyone's ears just to find out, y'know? I can't see buying heads for this car, but it almost seems justifiable (sp?) to get the cam installed while the car's down receiving the intakes....it just makes sense. I agree with alerosince99 aswell, I definately want to see a dyno sheet showing the "stage 1" coupled with un-touched stock heads. I gotta think that will be the most common combo.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:56 PM   #6
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
i might be interested although i would be lookin at a stage 3 turbo cam....
Old 05-09-2005, 07:07 PM   #7
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

there's one guy ( named Aaron if I remember correctly ) that's already purchased the s/c cam. I'm pretty sure it's been said that the s/c cam is identical in profile to that of the snail cam, but both will need a PCM retune of course. Now that I think of it, anything above and beyond the Stage 1 would need to see a retune in order to see the cam's true potential.

Old 05-09-2005, 09:12 PM   #8
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by Youngblood77@May 9 2005, 05:07 PM
there's one guy ( named Aaron if I remember correctly ) that's already purchased the s/c cam. I'm pretty sure it's been said that the s/c cam is identical in profile to that of the snail cam, but both will need a PCM retune of course. Now that I think of it, anything above and beyond the Stage 1 would need to see a retune in order to see the cam's true potential.

nah i want a custom one with my own specs fit for my horsepower goals.......
Old 05-09-2005, 09:54 PM   #9
BlackJack
Jack-Wagon

BlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond reputeBlackJack has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by turbo-alero@May 9 2005, 04:56 PM
i might be interested although i would be lookin at a stage 3 turbo cam....
ditto

BlackJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2005, 01:56 AM   #10
Blackrider

Ehhh all this talk about Cam "Stages" Gives me a headace
Old 05-10-2005, 09:31 AM   #11
Alerosince99

Quote:
Originally posted by Blackrider@May 9 2005, 11:56 PM

No doubt. If someone tried to sell a cam in the LS1 world that was in a stage with no specs listed....lol, I can't even put in to words how bad they would be ridiculed.
Old 05-10-2005, 11:57 AM   #12
germ

Quote:
Originally posted by Alerosince99+May 10 2005, 08:31 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alerosince99 @ May 10 2005, 08:31 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Blackrider@May 9 2005, 11:56 PM

No doubt. If someone tried to sell a cam in the LS1 world that was in a stage with no specs listed....lol, I can't even put in to words how bad they would be ridiculed.
[/b][/quote]

the excuse i heard about why milzy is not going to release the specs is that some "competitors" would steal his specs.

hahahah, right!

trust me, milzy gets his fair share of poop talking because he wont release the specs. GAGT has been poopty about that for awhile and MyMonte.com members pretty much wont buy anything unless he gives the specs out.

honestly, i would buy a cam, if it were for the 99+ engines, instead of the 03/04+ engines AND he released specs. his cam prices are "reasonable" but for undocumented "estimated" gains and unlisted specs, there will be a lot of nay sayers. and i have a VERY good feeling that just "swapping the sensor" isnt going to work. different pickup + different sensor + different signal = PCM no likey and default into EFI mode or whatever its called.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:08 PM   #13
Alerosince99

Thats kind of what I was thinking as well. Thank god we can still get our own made from cammotion.

I guess if I was trying to sell cams I would of had a dyno done almost immediately to build lots of interest. Who knows...Ill wait and see what happens with those who were willing to take the plunge.
Old 05-10-2005, 03:38 PM   #14
germ

the problem with getting them done with Cammotion is that you will still get the 03+ style cam.

their blanks were not made for the 99-02 in mind.

and until someone gets one running CORRECTLY in a 99-02 3400, then i have a feelling that milzy wont be selling anymore cams to the 99-02 crowd.
Old 05-10-2005, 04:59 PM   #15
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally posted by germ@May 10 2005, 02:38 PM

and until someone gets one running CORRECTLY in a 99-02 3400, then i have a feelling that milzy wont be selling anymore cams to the 99-02 crowd.

>sigh< You're probably right....

Old 05-10-2005, 05:49 PM   #16
Alerosince99

Doh, thats right. Wonder why they did them that way.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:29 PM   #17
dt_freak1

kinda offtopic but still you all are talkin bout the LS1s and shiznat so i figured id post. while i was in Peoria hangin with my cousin he was watchin the speed channel on SpikeTV and they redid a LS1 in a 2000 Camaro Z28 with a high flow cam, new pistons and con rods and free flow exhaust and intake and received 361 dynod RWHP. they also did a new driveshaft and centerforce clutch so maybe at the crank they were seeing maybe in the thereabouts of 395 HP?
Old 05-17-2005, 05:11 PM   #18
Alerosince99

Thats easy with an ls1. Lots of m6's dyno around 310+ stock.

They really should of been over 400 with what they did.

With just exhaust, intake, headers and a decent cam 400 is possible. Add in heads and 450 isnt unreasonable.

I didnt see what type of dyno they were using but the numbers are solid if unspectacular.