Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 08-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #21
blackdog
GL Member

blackdog is an unknown quantity at this point
This system sounds amazing. I can hear every little sound and the sub sounds great 2. They did add in the sound coating on everything.

Kinda off topic but this toyota matrix gets the best millage IMO next to a hybrid. My RX 8 cost 150.00 in gas going 650 miles and the Matrix cost me 50.00 that that is pushing it.

Car Part out: http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showt...478#post345478
eBay Auctions: http://motors.search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZa27283

Cars: 2006 Toyota Matrix, 2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4
blackdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 12:34 AM   #22
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
It is good to hear that you like your system. It should sound even better after a few hours to break in. You will notice a big difference in your mid and tweets after about a month of use. I think it was around a good 20 hours of listening for my JL's to hit there most natural point. The good news is that your matrix should improve in millage as well. How many miles were on it? My alero took the longest of our cars. Mainly due to it having electrical issues prior to 2,000 miles. I also changed the air filter to a K and N and saw a small improvement. Possibly around 5,000 miles. Our corolla hit its peak at around the sixth fill up and the camry seems to have leveled off after 2200 miles. I am going to put in a K &N filter in the camry and switch to mobile one synthetic at my first interval. I highly recommend both. Good luck and keep posting feedback about your system. I had sworn off car audio but I am seriously thinking about getting the same K2's. It is a deebate over them or the dynaudio. I like my music fairly loud and clean. The camry sounds good for a factory, but it just isn't the same.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 05:43 AM   #23
blackdog
GL Member

I had 308 miles on the car when I picked it up but thats because they needed to bring the car in from a dealer 100 miles away and send the car out 70 miles + to get the leather installed and tint put on the car. I am also looking at buying the better filter after a month or so. The car runs great and we played the XM radio all the way home, so about 12 hours of use yesterday and 8 more today because I was watching movies at work . The system is so clear its just amazing. My mom has the JBL 7 speaker system in her car from toyota and that does not sound all that bad for stock but I love what I have now. Only problem I found was leaving the car off for an hour will drain the battery where before my RX-8 would be fine even after running a 300 watt power inverter. Is there a way I can add a 2nd battery to allow for longer times between starting my car to charge the battery? I do not run the sub at work I turn it totaly off but I dont know if that means I am saving power or not.

Old 08-13-2006, 06:44 PM   #24
mikegett
GL Member

Location: connersville, Indiana (don't ask, it's not worth it)
mikegett is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mikegett
Shuttind down the sub will save alot of drain. Even with your system fully crancked, your front stage will only pull about 100 watts continuously. Your main problem will be the toyota alternator and battery. Even my camry only has a 90 amp alternator. I haven't checked the corolla, but some small import cars are as small as 45 amps. I do know that the corolla battery will only hold a 500 amp charge. I would go with a deep cell battery first thing. That should at least give you more time to run the system with the ignition off. Do your lights dim when the car is running and the bass hits? If so, then keep your sub lowered down untill you can replace the alternator with a high current one. I will take a look at my corolla and see what it is rated at. If it is anything around the 45 amp range, it will be a must to replace it. A 90 amp alternator will be plenty for most users. At that range, it all deepends on the style of music and listening level achieved. Just be aware that if your current alternator and battery fail, the warranty will not cover it. Aftermarket installs void the electrical warranty.
mikegett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2006, 09:10 PM   #25
blackdog
GL Member

Good to know thanks. I think I may upgrade the battery soon, I do not have any dimming or anything yet but as the battery goes on the can and it will I should start seeing that. 90% of the time I only run the speakers on the car at about 1/4 of the power they put out so I don't think I am that bad off right now.