Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 03-07-2012, 01:37 AM   #1
scotty11811
GX Member

scotty11811 is on a distinguished road
PCM Tune

Found someone in edmonton who will do a tune for $200 is this legit?

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-veh...AdIdZ359333532
scotty11811 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:57 AM   #2
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Sounds like a lot is being promised to be done in a very short time for a huge number of different vehicles. Money back guarantee in writing seems to be in order.......
Old 03-07-2012, 04:15 AM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
I think this is who you need to talk to for a tune... http://www.aleromod.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35555
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:22 AM   #4
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Yeah that's Bill he lives in Kitchener and occasionally travels to Alberta.. The guy is legit... $100 first tuning fee + $100 to license your car on HP tuners.. Anytime after that it's $50

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
If thats the case then Edmonton is a lot closer to me
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:06 PM   #6
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Im sorry guys, but you cannot tune a car in one hour.... it's just not possible. Actually, I guess I could pull off a tune in an hour that feels pretty good, but it will be a "box tune" and no better than just ordering a 100 dollar tune over the internet, replacing your pcm by mail. Fuel tuning alone is a 3 hour job at best for me. I had Mike The Canadian here stand over me every inch of the way. He can attest im sure that you cannot pull off a real tune in that amount of time. If you are looking to save money on a tune, just buy a tune from Milzy and be done... just my 2 cnts...
Old 03-07-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
All I know is what Bill has told me.. He claims to have tuned for many different GM vehicles from mild tunes to wild tunes. He's tuned a boosted GA in town here. I know of a couple guys that go to him.

A buddy of mine had a blown 3400 engine in his Alero and had to swap his engine, but after the swap the thing apparently ran like crap. After Bill retuned it he said it ran like new.

From what I've read and have seen, I believe Paul also knows his stuff and if the man says he can tune I believe he can tune. Either route wouldn't end is disappointment in my opinion.

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:02 PM   #8
Mike The Canadian
GL Member

Mike The Canadian is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post
Im sorry guys, but you cannot tune a car in one hour.... it's just not possible. Actually, I guess I could pull off a tune in an hour that feels pretty good, but it will be a "box tune" and no better than just ordering a 100 dollar tune over the internet, replacing your pcm by mail. Fuel tuning alone is a 3 hour job at best for me. I had Mike The Canadian here stand over me every inch of the way. He can attest im sure that you cannot pull off a real tune in that amount of time. If you are looking to save money on a tune, just buy a tune from Milzy and be done... just my 2 cnts...

I can attest to this completely.
Paul spent time on the transmission before I even got there and got me to drive around and warm the car up again before going after the fuel trims.
That alone had my super impressed... then came the grueling hours of work for tuning and tweaking of all sorts while taking my input on what I did or didn't like.

Most certainly you can get a tune in one hour, hell maybe even a decent one in 10 minutes, but it's certainly not up to par with what you can get in a tune from someone that has put in the time with their own car and will put in the time with yours.

Also,

Make sure your car is mechanically sound..
Old 03-08-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
WhiteV6
Wide Open Throttle

WhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond reputeWhiteV6 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMGT1 View Post

Not that the time frame really matters, but fuel tuning is not 3 hours. 1 hour is plenty when you have experience. If you have experience and a dyno, a full tune in 1 hour is very possible.
WhiteV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:41 PM   #10
MMGT1
GLS member

MMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond reputeMMGT1 has a reputation beyond repute
Brother, if you can do cold start tuning in under 2hours my hat off to you. I dont think Ill ever be able to do it. Thats using two fans and a blower from a furnace to try and cool it quicker between tunes. I dont kow how else to do it. Shes gotta cool or your just guessing at what's going on

Last edited by MMGT1 : 03-08-2012 at 08:44 PM.
MMGT1 is offline   Reply With Quote