Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Old 06-13-2012, 07:09 AM   #41
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
didnt think it would be a radiator
Old 06-13-2012, 08:19 AM   #42
TxAlero
GX Member

TxAlero is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by a.graham52 View Post
didnt think it would be a radiator

Well I think the new radiator is an improvement over the 12 year old one I had in there, but yeah there's something else causing this.
TxAlero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:00 AM   #43
a.graham52
Premier V.I.P. Member

a.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond reputea.graham52 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to a.graham52
recheck your pressure testing. both the system and the cap. maybe consider getting a "block test" done as well. maybe what you think is boiling is actualy combustion gases?
Old 06-13-2012, 09:24 AM   #44
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Hellfire5670 is on a distinguished road
This is really stumping everyone.. if you can figure it out then great it can help me too! But i still think an engine swap.... get you ecu checked? maybe its something there?
Hellfire5670 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 01:58 PM   #45
TxAlero
GX Member

Well I drained the system and filled it back up with almost 2 gallons of dex-cool burped it and ran it for 15 minutes without cap on, was purring fine right under the half mark. Stopped the engine and waited about 2 hours and put the cap on and warmed up the car and drove it 15 miles back to my place. The temp guage stayed right in the middle just a tick under.
So where does that leave the problem at now? Is it fixed or just masked by adding lower boiling point dex-cool?
Idk at this point will drive it a couple of days to get a feel of what's going on, I just can't think that Dex-cool would lower the boiling point that much that it wouldn't boil or overheat.
Old 06-13-2012, 02:21 PM   #46
zzyzzx
GLS member

zzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond reputezzyzzx has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TxAlero View Post
I just can't think that Dex-cool would lower the boiling point that much that it wouldn't boil or overheat.

Either it did, or you had air in the system, or you just need to drive the car more to see if it overheats again.
zzyzzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2012, 09:09 AM   #47
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Thats what i did with my alero it drove good for about 2 weeks then the coolant would boil away
Old 06-14-2012, 10:11 AM   #48
TxAlero
GX Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellfire5670 View Post
Thats what i did with my alero it drove good for about 2 weeks then the coolant would boil away

don't say that, I'm hoping that this is fixed. Btw anyone who replaces there radiator make sure you insert the washers on the transmission line inlet on the radiator. I didn't do that and found a small puddle of trans fluid on the ground and it was a real bitch getting the washer on the lower line, lol. But its done, my wife drove it around this morning and no problems reported.
Old 06-14-2012, 08:38 PM   #49
Hellfire5670
GL Member

Done your heat and ac work? if so you might have done it! mine didn't work even when the problem stopped!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:45 PM   #50
jawa