Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 01-25-2010, 01:43 PM   #1
nixon
GX Member

nixon is on a distinguished road
no lights for gauges

Hey I tried searching for something similar but couldnt find anything...

All my gauges work, all the warning lights such as check engine/parking brake/change oil and all those lights work but the actual illumination for the speedo and tach aren't working. All I did previous to them not working was take the center console out and disconnected the controls for A/C and such.

Everythings back in and connected tight but still no lights....is it possibly a fuse? I tried looking at the fuse panel but I have no idea which fuse could just power those lights. Or is possible that the bulbs themselves are f'd?
nixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #2
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
check all fuses, there's one illumination fuse, but i forget what one, your dimmer might be shot as well
Nate's Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 03:19 PM   #3
nixon
GX Member

Checked all fuses and they all seem good to me....stupid question but if a fuse is blown its pretty damn obvious right?

I also noticed the lights for A/C and heat controls don't light up either but are still functional. Any way I can test the dimmer?
Old 01-25-2010, 03:27 PM   #4
nixon
GX Member

Never mind i found the problem, you were right it was a blown fuse. It was one I had a hard time getting out so i left it and tried looking at it...it seemed ok but once i finally got it out it was blown.. Replaced it and everything works great now. Thanks!