Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Audio, Video & Security

Old 10-14-2004, 08:05 PM   #1
tenny

does sony make good decks? a local store has some sales on them right now.
looking at the CDXF7705

or would I be better off with a Panasonic?

The store that sells Alpines are waaaaaay to overpriced.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:48 PM   #2
Youngblood77
V.I.P. Member

Youngblood77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honestly tenny, I've had a few Sony decks, and they're kinda over-rated. I've got no experience with Panasonic decks... If you're on a limited budget, try looking into Pioneers or Kenwoods. I had a couple Kenwoods, and I've loved every one of them, never a bad experience. Same with Pioneer; I've had a bunch ( I got one now ) and over time I've just settled into liking the Pioneers best in comparison to all the rest in the price bracket. Great bang for the buck IMO. Just above the Kenwoods and Pioneers, I'd go with a Clarion. Them decks have style, and they've always had a great layout to them. A straight-forward, purposeful set-up that's appealing to the eye aswell.

Good Luck getting the right deck for your needs, tenny. B)

One last thing: Do your homework:

Go window shopping @ the local chainstores and such, and find what you want first. THEN do some searching on the internet. I found when I bought my Pioneer that NONE of the stores in my area could touch the internet prices, even with the shipping. For example: Back when I bought my DEH-P6600, it was going for $235.00 - $249.00 US in the local electronics stores. ( Those prices are BEFORE TAXES are added ) Using Pricegrabber, MySimon, and other searches, I eventually found that same exact deck for $193.00 SHIPPED. A penny saved is a penny earned.

Your car must be fast, you were haulin' ass when I passed you in my 4-door Buick.

Youngblood77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:04 PM   #3
tenny

i've been lookin at thepioneer and thought that they are kind of lacking in the specs.

What I want is 3 preouts, sub volume control, built in crossover and mp3

i can get a sony that does that for 210 bucks, the closest pioneer is $379 and it does not have a built in cross over according to futureshops site. those prices are cdn

model numbers are for the sony 5700 and pioneer 7600
Old 10-14-2004, 09:06 PM   #4
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
heres some killer advice i think find which one you want and then Ebay u will save soo much money you can more then likely get a nicer one thaan u anticipated
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2004, 09:42 PM   #5
tenny

no way first and last thing i bought off ebay was type r 6x9's that are blown when i got them, waste of my money had to go buy a pair of boston's locally.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:14 AM   #6
z3pr

Quote:
Originally posted by tenny@Oct 14 2004, 07:05 PM
does sony make good decks? a local store has some sales on them right now.
looking at the CDXF7705

or would I be better off with a Panasonic?

The store that sells Alpines are waaaaaay to overpriced.
I've seen alot of people having problems with Sony headunits. I really recomend looking into JVC and Clarion. Both make some very high quality headunits and sense they aren't the really big name brands, you can get some nice features for less money then names like Pioneer, Kenwood, Alpine, ... ect. I personally have a JVC KD-LX50 headunit.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:30 AM   #7
cutelilcntrygrl
I love boobs

cutelilcntrygrl is an unknown quantity at this point
I've got this Sony and I was thinking about getting something different but I've grown to like it quite a bit. Fairly cheap too if you look around.

http://www.myspace.com/smr612
cutelilcntrygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:07 AM   #8
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I have had a sony Xplod head unit for about 2 years I had it in my Cutlass Ciera then dropped it in my Alero I have never had a single problem with it ever. It doesnt play MP3 or DVD's nothing fancy like that but for Just a regular CD player, Radio it is Awesome .
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2004, 10:54 AM   #9
Silentalero
Kitteh is back!!!!

Silentalero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Silentalero Send a message via AIM to Silentalero Send a message via MSN to Silentalero Send a message via Yahoo to Silentalero
i had 2 sony decks and both the faces went out.

word of advice sony car audio sucks...plain and simple
Silentalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 02:46 AM   #10
VCguy85
V.I.P. Member

VCguy85 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to VCguy85
Iv'e had my Sony Xplod head unit now for three years, and still love it. The thing that stands out to me the most about the Sony head units is, the style and the sleek look, thats what drew me to the one I have, though I paid 350 for it. Iv'e had no complaints whatsoever and would buy again (especially cause I want MP3 now)

See Herre...My CarDomain
Old 10-16-2004, 01:15 PM   #11
blueyezalero

I have a sony too. Haven't had any problems with it but I do want something different next year. I got mine last year for 200$ on ebay at the stores it was 329$. If get from ebay buy from someone who has feedback very high and who lets you return items. Here's mineradio
Old 10-16-2004, 05:08 PM   #12
alerored04
GLS member

alerored04 is an unknown quantity at this point
im with silent, if ur gonna spend money spend money on something that will last, i know you said alpine is outta your price range, but if u really want quality save a little and go buy one, i did and i couldnt be happier with it. Kenwood Pioneer and Clarion are all very good alternatives too, i have rarely heard good things about sony car audio.
alerored04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2004, 01:07 AM   #13
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by tenny@Oct 15 2004, 01:04 AM
i've been lookin at thepioneer and thought that they are kind of lacking in the specs.

What I want is 3 preouts, sub volume control, built in crossover and mp3

i can get a sony that does that for 210 bucks, the closest pioneer is $379 and it does not have a built in cross over according to futureshops site. those prices are cdn

model numbers are for the sony 5700 and pioneer 7600
Pioneer DEH-P7600MP does have a crossover....along w/ the HPF. You can actually get the DEH-P3600 that has the HPF also ($150). The 7600 is going to be a MUCH better deck than just about ANY Sony......Sony is more known for their home audio, but lacks A LOT in their car audio. When customers come in and ask me what deck I recommend...99/100 times I recommend Pioneer. Sony's are only good if you want an Aux. input.
Old 11-04-2004, 01:08 AM   #14
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by Silentalero@Oct 15 2004, 02:54 PM

word of advice sony car audio sucks...plain and simple
AMEN! :thumbsup:
Old 11-04-2004, 01:49 PM   #15
mike2002
GLS member

mike2002 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via Yahoo to mike2002
sony's home audio sucks as much as there car audio, they good tv's though

i like panasonic, ive had one, never had a problem with it. it had a 7band eq and everything, very sweet, more eq features than you know what to do with. for the price, they're awesome. thats all my brother really sells at his shop, he has kenwood, kenwood excelon, pioneer and some other stuff. i just dont like how they're all blue displays. i had some problems with my old clarion, like 3 years old. i heard they're rated pretty low for reliability, but they look good and sound good.

getting the most for your dollar, JVC, if your on a budget, i think they're the best you can get
Old 11-04-2004, 11:38 PM   #16
King Asoka
V.I.P. Member

King Asoka is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to King Asoka Send a message via MSN to King Asoka
I say Eclipse all the way, but im sure they are out of your price range. but you might want to look into it anyway.
Old 11-05-2004, 12:42 AM   #17
1WhiteOSV

Quote:
Originally posted by mike2002@Nov 4 2004, 06:49 PM
sony's home audio sucks as much as there car audio, they good tv's though

that's what I ment to say actually, lol...I was just too lazy to go back and edit the post
Old 11-06-2004, 03:42 PM   #18
ImSoBored
GL Member

ImSoBored is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ImSoBored
Ive got a kenwood, and I love it
Old 11-06-2004, 04:14 PM   #19
Vtolds
H&B Shipping Agent

Vtolds is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Vtolds
I see we got some sony haters I still say you cant beat the sony for price and quality. If you notice people are just saying they suck and not saying why. That just sounds to me like they may just not know how to use a CD player.
Vtolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2004, 02:08 PM   #20
bigd6983

yea im going to agree with most sony is ok for the price but pioneer is way better for the price, ive had 3 different pioneer decks and have loved i got my current premieer 7300 for 100 bucks off ebay, tons of cross over settings, 3 pre outs, and it works great........clarions awesome, and ive heard good things with kenwood, but id stay away from sony......