Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 11-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #1
a4d2a0m
GL Member

a4d2a0m is on a distinguished road
Question Honk!

My family owns a campground, and one morning this summer when my park was absolutely full, at approx. 6:30am i heard a horn go off. a while later I realized it was mine I stumbled my way outside, after trying the battery and the horn blowing off in my face steady i finally found the relay and pulled it, then realized the mob of people staring at a me from their sites(not a good dtart to the day).

A few weeks later i put a new relay back in with no problems until a car cut me off, I used the horn and it wouldn't go off,(second time i look like an a$$) ,of course pulled the relay again, but now if the relay is put back in the horn immediately goes off.

As of right now i have the relay out, not to sure about the probem:

-swith in the steering wheel
-the actual horn
-other?

P.S. when the horn is going off every time i push the wheel it interrupts it for a millisecond.

I don't know! -adam
a4d2a0m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
LOL @ the in traffic situation
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:14 PM   #3
rustyballs_69
Its Beer Thirty

rustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond reputerustyballs_69 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to rustyballs_69
Sounds like something in the steering wheel maybe stuck.
rustyballs_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 08:57 PM   #4
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
hahah i could only imagine that traffic situation. you have to see people look at me with my train horns after they honk at me, priceless.

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #5
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
I was looking at the drawing and it appears that the horn switch takes the horn to ground...with that said it could be anything from the switch to the relay if you know your relay is good then it could be a problem from the body function controller or the cancel cam, horn slip ring, turn/headlamp/wiper switch.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:04 PM   #6
dtldiaspora
GX Member

dtldiaspora is on a distinguished road
i got the same problem with my horn, if i put the relay in it will go off constantly
dtldiaspora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
MADMike
GX Member

MADMike is on a distinguished road
find the fuse, take siad fuse out, put relay back in, get your multimeter and start checking for continuity on every component of the horn electrical system until you can find where the problem is.
MADMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:41 AM   #8
CharleyO99Alero
GL Member

CharleyO99Alero is on a distinguished road

From what I am reading, I'd say the relay is stuck. But, I could be wrong. It would be best to follow MADMike's advice.

CharleyO99Alero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:41 AM   #9
lonnie
I drive a JEEP!

lonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond reputelonnie has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharleyO99Alero View Post

From what I am reading, I'd say the relay is stuck. But, I could be wrong. It would be best to follow MADMike's advice.

True but if you buy a new relay you can eliminate that quickly...something is grounding out in the system...the good thing is..is that there isn't that much to it..at least according to the drawing, but it dosen't really say anyting on the horn controller. Good luck! Let us know what you find.