Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Old 07-19-2004, 11:33 AM   #1
AleroSS

Hey guys, just wondering whether I could get away with doin up a set of custom headers now, and then doin the exhaust (header back) next month or at least a couple of weeks? Also, what size piping do our aftermarket headers come with (for the ecotec)? I have heard that one of the most restrictive components of the ecotec engine is the exhaust manifold, and a set of headers will definitely show significant gains (atleast on the ecotec) - anyone able to comment on this?
Old 07-19-2004, 12:13 PM   #2
Sportalero

Bdyman has an aftermarket header and exhaust for the Ecotec. He should be able to tell you if he got any noticeable gains from his upgrades.

Thread
Old 07-19-2004, 12:29 PM   #3
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
yes i have the rk sport header on my car the install was a big pain in ass, and the collector hits the crossmember so i took a torch and heated it up and ever so slighty bent the top part of the engine cradle so it would not hit and make noise

talking perofrmance yes i have noticed a difference right away in thorootle response and tourqe it really seems to make power on the higher side of the rpm range
i would keep the stock cat converter no need for a high flow at all since gm`s cat`s flow preety good and no one makes a 02 sim that i could find

oh ya rk sport`s is i think 2.25 which is enough any bigger you would choke the performance out of it

overall i like it but there coating doesn`t last long at all and i had to paint mine with a high temp coating from eastwood
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2004, 12:51 PM   #4
AleroSS

Wouldnt it be asanine to leave the stock cat when doin headerback exhaust? what is the size of the actual 4 pipes coming off the flange on the RK sport?
Old 07-19-2004, 01:19 PM   #5
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
there is no difference with a high flow cat and a stock cat and no one i know makes a 02 sim for our ecotec`s
it`s 2.25 that`s 2 and a half inches
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote