Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 AM   #1
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Crash....

Some moron decided this morning to not pay attention and rear ended me. It was on the way to work so I don't have pics and if I did I wouldn't be able to upload them. My bumper is cracked pretty good and I will need a new trunk thanks to the brush guard he had. This is my minimum estimate at this point. I will get pics hopefully loaded up tonight after work.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #2
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
sorry to hear man.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM   #3
Trickyslick
V.I.P. Member

Trickyslick is an unknown quantity at this point
Dam and you have one nice Ho too.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2231641/1
Trickyslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #4
Old's Wife
FIRST LADY OF THE ALERO CHAPTER

Old's Wife is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by rowdygls View Post
Some moron decided this morning to not pay attention and rear ended me. It was on the way to work so I don't have pics and if I did I wouldn't be able to upload them. My bumper is cracked pretty good and I will need a new trunk thanks to the brush guard he had. This is my minimum estimate at this point. I will get pics hopefully loaded up tonight after work.

That sucks Randy.... I am sooo sorry
Old's Wife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #5
CactusWill
GLS member

CactusWill is on a distinguished road
That sucks man. Well it sounds like he at least did the right thing and stopped afterwards. My neighbor got rear ended in her saturn not too long ago by some dude in a truck and he took off like a bat out of hell.
CactusWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #6
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old's Wife View Post
That sucks Randy.... I am sooo sorry

The good news is it was a low speed crash so the paint job on the quarter panels is fine...the bumper didn't buckle those and the rims are fine as well

Chapter Member
Old 06-25-2009, 11:45 AM   #7
Nate's Alero
Now a Ford Traitor.

Nate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond reputeNate's Alero has a reputation beyond repute
thank god the rear 1/4 are ok, no bondy useage here
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #8
Gr1m
Soon to be banned again

Gr1m is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gr1m
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate's Alero View Post
thank god the rear 1/4 are ok, no bondy useage here

he was referring to the ghosted symbols in his 1/4 not the body work to fix them

I shaved my balls for this?
Gr1m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #9
Oldsman
Owner

Oldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond reputeOldsman has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Oldsman
damnit that really sucks. hopefully it gets all fix and like new
Old 06-25-2009, 12:19 PM   #10
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
Well Randy glad everybody is OK.

My wife would cry if those 1/4's were damaged

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 06:43 PM   #11
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

Just got a quote from the dealership....$4300.

Chapter Member
Old 06-25-2009, 06:59 PM   #12
cherrington17
Gone

cherrington17 has a spectacular aura aboutcherrington17 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to cherrington17
sucks to hear... hope it gets fixed properly.
Old 06-25-2009, 07:01 PM   #13
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherrington17 View Post
sucks to hear... hope it gets fixed properly.

Me too...if they are even going to fix it. Value of my car is only 4K stock...this might get interesting

Chapter Member
Old 06-25-2009, 07:02 PM   #14
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
how is that $4300 worth of damage?!
Old 06-25-2009, 07:03 PM   #15
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
You let dealerships work on your car?

Edit: Like jackal says. Dealers don't know what things are worth. They probably estimated that rear bumper to be a $1000 part haha.
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 07:06 PM   #16
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

Dealership quote. New pieces plus the paint time and prep for a custom color. I don't know how or why its high..but thats ok as long as I keep the car.

No, the dealership has only done one repair ever on the car...I have my own shop that does the work.

EDIT....Actually...they quoted the rear bumper at 300 including freight. The trunk and the stupid piece that holds the plate comes to almost $1000. There is also another $300 part that is inside the trunk that is tacked on as well.

Chapter Member
Old 06-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #17
worknprog.99
GLS member

worknprog.99 is on a distinguished road
i say junk yard the trunk and just have it painted... if possible? that would knock off alot of money
worknprog.99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #18
[ion] C2
636 whp

[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute[ion] C2 has a reputation beyond repute
yeah, my parts yard trunk was $75
[ion] C2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:10 PM   #19
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
randy i`ll get to your situation in a minute.....................guys do you think insurance companies and us the tech work for free???, $4,300 is about right, body labor is up to 65, frame labor is up to 95, paint labor is up to 65, mechanical is up to 85, plus the cost of part plus the cost of labor to install said parts, not to mention what if the rear body panle is damaged??? huh?? that frame labor right there

and the shop has to get paid, we techs have to get paid, plus tax in his area, plus hazordous material, plus wet sand buff, plus covver car, the l ist goes on, god you people would think after all these yrs of me posting the correct info you dumb effs would get the hint by now

ok randy onto you it truley sucks balls, iam glad your ok and your family is ok as well, it is your choice where you want to take the car, mt advice to you is not to let a dealership fix this car, why not have the shop that painted your car do the work, the only reason i say this is becasue dealerships dont and will not give you the quality you want its wham bam thank you maam, get this pos out of my stall kinda mentality

at the ma and pop shops like i work for, we sit down take our time, no one bothers us, when nthe car is done its done, and you will never see the shop again, see my point??

or you could bring the car to me and i`ll make sure its fixed better then facotry, what kind of insurance are we dealing with here??
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 08:18 PM   #20
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdyman View Post
ok randy onto you it truley sucks balls, iam glad your ok and your family is ok as well, it is your choice where you want to take the car, mt advice to you is not to let a dealership fix this car, why not have the shop that painted your car do the work, the only reason i say this is becasue dealerships dont and will not give you the quality you want its wham bam thank you maam, get this pos out of my stall kinda mentality

at the ma and pop shops like i work for, we sit down take our time, no one bothers us, when nthe car is done its done, and you will never see the shop again, see my point??

or you could bring the car to me and i`ll make sure its fixed better then facotry, what kind of insurance are we dealing with here??

State Farm. I plan on taking it back to the shop that painted it originaly.

Chapter Member