Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #21
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
wise choice my friend, just be careful state farm totals out at 70%, so if there is more damage when the car is torn apart, it could total, then the whole buying back process begins
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 09:04 PM   #22
JLw7123
i speed up for corners

JLw7123 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JLw7123 Send a message via Yahoo to JLw7123 Send a message via Skype™ to JLw7123
what a effin moron that hit ur car u should make his insurance pay for the damage that's what I did when someone backed into me. did he have insurance?
JLw7123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:25 PM   #23
AleroB888
GLS member

AleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond reputeAleroB888 has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry to hear that, man, it's certainly one of the nicest on the site.

When my '65 442 was rear-ended, the frame was bent, so they totalled it. The other driver's insurance agency (State Farm) sent an estimator out to my house to look at it, he made several phone calls (all over the country) to parts suppliers, then decided it could not be repaired. Then he turned the case over to their replacement dept. A lady called back a few days later and quoted what her research had determined it would take to replace my particular vehicle. They got 3 quotes, and took the middle one, based on the original appearance of my car. I was asked if $6,500.00 would be acceptable, and I said yes. I could not have sold it for that much.

I also asked if I could buy back the wrecked car. She said it would be sold to salvage for about $1700, but could not give further details.
Old 06-25-2009, 10:31 PM   #24
Alerosaint
Gone but not forgotten

Alerosaint is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Alerosaint Send a message via Yahoo to Alerosaint
sorry about your hoe rowdy but im glad you guys are ok....good luck getting her right
Old 06-25-2009, 10:42 PM   #25
mach3
V.I.P. Member

mach3 is on a distinguished road
Sorry to hear about your ride. The good thing is that you're ok and the car is fixable. As for the dealership quote it's reasonable. I got rear end in my brand new 08 Escape back in March and that cost almost $5000 to fix the bumper and hatch door.
mach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:48 PM   #26
clutch1
GLS member

clutch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to clutch1
My blood ran cold when I saw the title!

That sucks hardcore that the car got knocked up.. but thank goodness it wasn't worse/ no injuries.

There's been some wicked damage on Aleros that got rear ended that I've seen on here.. at least this is hopefully fixable, even if it is a bit pricey.

Hope it turns out good as new man.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:02 AM   #27
NickAlero2000
GLS member

NickAlero2000 is on a distinguished road
At least it wasn't a head on collision.
The back can be replaced, that hood though. . .is unique.
NickAlero2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:52 PM   #28
bdyman
GLS member

bdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond reputebdyman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickAlero2000 View Post
At least it wasn't a head on collision.
The back can be replaced, that hood though. . .is unique.

and the rest of the car cant be fixed?? post correct info when you have it please, thank you, light collision the hood cann be fixed it is just fiberglass ya know
bdyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #29
rowdygls
V.I.P. Member

rowdygls is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to rowdygls Send a message via MSN to rowdygls Send a message via Yahoo to rowdygls
Good news...the car will not be totaled. The adjuster gave my bodyshop 2800 to work with but left it open for blending and tinting. I got lucky, the adjuster use to own his own bodyshop so he knows what goes into cars and was more flexible with the quote and future work.

Chapter Member
rowdygls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 12:29 PM   #30
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
Congrats Randy

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 01:09 PM   #31
AleroChick785
GX Member

AleroChick785 is on a distinguished road
sorry bout the ride but looks like things goin to be better. i must say i love the tail lights