Aleromod.com Aleromod.com
Old 02-11-2005, 04:18 PM   #1
leroBob
GLS member

leroBob is an unknown quantity at this point
Well i ahev the leak numero 2 and need to get it fixed cause its gettin progressively worser reel quick..

Any advice before i get started tomorow i have a budy who is extremly automotively inclined, done it before on other cars, any last advice ...
i know too catalog everythin and be patient....

Thanks bob ...any one in SE michigan area is welcome to join...lol
leroBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
bigd6983

yea, aslong as he dont tell you to simple green ur engine bay and inside the engine hes ok with me lol......but yea, just catalogue everything and you should be fine.......make sure all the nuts and bolts get tightened down to manufacturers specs, makes sure spark plug wires get put back on right......
Old 02-11-2005, 08:27 PM   #3
AGT
GLS member

AGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond reputeAGT has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983@Feb 11 2005, 07:49 PM
yea, aslong as he dont tell you to simple green ur engine bay and inside the engine hes ok with me lol......
haha should have linked it big d

http://invision.aleromod.com/index.php?showtopic=9748

Have a good day
AGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 10:13 PM   #4
slowandlow
V.I.P. Member

slowandlow is an unknown quantity at this point
how much is the gasket kit for the alero? i have a buddy that will do it in class for me.
slowandlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 11:12 PM   #5
FormulaNERD
GLS member

FormulaNERD is an unknown quantity at this point
i think it's around 85 bucks
FormulaNERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 12:43 AM   #6
leroBob
GLS member

i forget i bought a few other things as well spark plugs....well as an update 1/2 a case down 15 bucks in taco bell we have it torn apart and are cleanin poop off only spent 1.5 hours so far....
Old 02-12-2005, 10:29 PM   #7
leroBob
GLS member

Here is a bit of advice for anyone doing this in the future the HAYNES Manual is a complete waste it was honestly wrong on multiple things get the CHILTONS Haynes is a pile...nyways back to work.....
Old 02-12-2005, 10:36 PM   #8
FormulaNERD
GLS member

i believe that's because the haynes also covers the GA and malibu?
Old 02-13-2005, 02:58 AM   #9
bigd6983

Quote:
Originally posted by FormulaNERD@Feb 12 2005, 08:36 PM
but i mean if its for the 3400 it would still be the same right?
Old 02-13-2005, 04:32 AM   #10
jbilyeu

Well, I just did mine two weeks ago, and a few of you know how that turned out. But it was because we did on no sleep and got done taking the motor apart so early that we had to wait for two hours for the local parts store to open. It is a good idea to do your spark plugs and wires while you got the easy access to the back ones. Just be sure to use a bit of silicone and anti seize on the plugs and wires. Brake cleaner is king when it comes to cleaning your parts. I believe the lower intake bolts are 115 in lbs, upper intake bolts are 18 ft lbs, and the rocker arms are 138 in lbs plus 30 degrees. Where we ran into trouble is we both thought the other tightened down the #4 rocker arm. It only cost me 300 at the dealer to get that fixed, plus we realized my egr valve was crap and I tried to clean it and I did, but I had the electric part of it was what was wrong. Basically, that is it, also don't forget to label (duh), but repetition of this fact hammers it into your head. Don't forget to CHANGE YOUR OIL AND ANTIFREEZE.
Change your oil after about 250-500 miles after doing this and you are home free. Also, check your antifreeze after awhile and make sure it is still good with no contaminants.

Good luck, if any problems arise, don't hesitate to ask on here, a lot of us have had headaches doing this.

Jon
Old 02-13-2005, 12:34 PM   #11
FormulaNERD
GLS member

Quote:
Originally posted by bigd6983+Feb 13 2005, 01:58 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bigd6983 @ Feb 13 2005, 01:58 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FormulaNERD@Feb 12 2005, 08:36 PM
but i mean if its for the 3400 it would still be the same right? [/b][/quote]
no... i mean, they try to squeeze the 3100,3400, and the 2.4 i believe, and it's realyl hard to follow.