Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-29-2005, 04:32 PM   #1
wc_alero

Ok so my car just started acting funny yesterday and today when I go out to start it I turn the key and my car alarm just starts going off. I cannot turn it off, so I wait awhile and then try again, Same thing happens. It doesn't even seem like it is trying to start at all.

My friend said it might be my battery, but I just had that replaced a little over a year ago. I would take it to Auto Zone to have it checked, but it won't start of course.

Anyone have any ideas?
Old 10-29-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
Redog
Aleromod part owner

Redog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond reputeRedog has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Redog Send a message via Yahoo to Redog
How loud was the alarm? If it sounded weak, it probably is the battery. Could be the alarm is hooked up wrong too

2000 Olds Alero 3400 SFI 14.53 @ 94.93
1985 Olds Delta 88 307 SBO 17.96 @ 76.99
2007 Volvo V50 T5 6M 15.782 @ 89.12
www.facebook.com/kb0177
Redog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 10:32 AM   #3
wc_alero

Quote:
Originally posted by Redog@Oct 29 2005, 09:16 PM
How loud was the alarm? If it sounded weak, it probably is the battery. Could be the alarm is hooked up wrong too

The alarm was very loud like usual. I have had the alarm on my car for 2 and a half years. If it was hooked up wrong wouldn't something have happened before now?

I think I am just gonna go buy a new battery and hope that fixes it.
Old 10-30-2005, 11:47 AM   #4
jackal2000
Keepin it Real

jackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond reputejackal2000 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to jackal2000 Send a message via Yahoo to jackal2000
try disconnecting the battery for a while to let the car reset before you go buy another one
Old 10-30-2005, 12:06 PM   #5
wc_alero

Quote:
Originally posted by jackal2000@Oct 30 2005, 11:47 AM
try disconnecting the battery for a while to let the car reset before you go buy another one

Sounds good, I will try that

By the way I am pretty dumb when it comes to this poop, I do know how to disconnect the battery though lol
Old 10-30-2005, 02:17 PM   #6
wc_alero

Well that didnt work as soon as I started hooking my battery back up my alarm started going off again.

It also has been going off, but not making the same sort of noises that it used to make.

My battery shows green where you can check to see how much juice or whatever is left.

When I put my key in the ignition it starts to just click and that is all. Then my alarm will go off and I cant stop it at all because the remote or nothing works.

Anyone have any other ideas, I am begginning to think that maybe the alarm was not installed properly or something.
Old 10-31-2005, 10:38 AM   #7
wc_alero

As soon as I get this POS working again I am done with if for good
Old 11-03-2005, 04:05 PM   #8
Eric

Quote:
Originally posted by wc_alero@Oct 30 2005, 02:17 PM
Well that didnt work as soon as I started hooking my battery back up my alarm started going off again.

It also has been going off, but not making the same sort of noises that it used to make.

My battery shows green where you can check to see how much juice or whatever is left.

When I put my key in the ignition it starts to just click and that is all. Then my alarm will go off and I cant stop it at all because the remote or nothing works.

Anyone have any other ideas, I am begginning to think that maybe the alarm was not installed properly or something.

The click and the alarm problems indicates that you need a new battery, the green eyes on those things are useless and not very dependable. The same thing has happened to my alero and recently my wife's trailblazer. New battery will fix it.
Old 11-04-2005, 07:45 AM   #9
alero168
I Love Tiara!

alero168 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to alero168
same poop happened to me awhile back i have to check the paper work to tell you whats was replaced but if youre still under warranty then just tow it to your dealer
Old 11-05-2005, 12:03 PM   #10
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
Quote:
Originally posted by wc_alero@Oct 30 2005, 07:17 PM

Its not ur alarm. The green eye poop don't work for crap. Your battery is gone. get a new one.
Old 11-07-2005, 10:56 AM   #11
wc_alero

Yeah I got it jumped and took it to Auto Zone and they check it and tell me my battery is totally full and that my alternator is good too. They said it was probably just a fluke, I didnt believe, but I had no clue.

So I go to work and when I am ready to leave it doesnt start again. I take it to a different Auto Zone and they said my battery was bad. I got a new battery and everything is fine now.