Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > General Help > Common Questions & Troubleshooting

Old 10-28-2005, 10:54 AM   #1
Matthewfinlay04

Well, today on my way to school, my radio started to cut out. It would totally lose power for a second and then restart and continue to play. When I finally got to school. I park the car and turned off the key, and as soon as the key was in the off position the trunk popped open and all of my warning lights came on! So I pulled the key all the way out and went to the back and shut my trunk, and jumped back in the car and tried to turn the key to the on position, and all the lights went off and the speedo and tach both jumped all the way over to the right and then fell back to the left all the way down to the bottom and the dash and then returned to the normal position. I then started the car and everything seems as normal as normal could be. So i turned off the car again and this time when I took the key out the battery warning light came on?? and stayed on. The battery is basically brand new, my dad took the one out of his '04 Malibu and stuck it in mine when my alternator when out a few weeks back. So I disconnected the negative side of the battery to A. reset the computer and B. so that the lights don't kill my battery while I'm in class today. Probably gonna take it to autozone after class to get it load tested but anyone have any ideas?? I have a feeling that possibly I have a loose wire somewhere or something. Getting close to wanting to pull out my and give it to her. But I don't think that it will solve anything. Has anyone else experienced this problem before? please help
Old 10-28-2005, 12:21 PM   #2
b-spot
GLS member

b-spot is an unknown quantity at this point
Often disconnecting the battery for a while fixes problems like this. It might be working just fine when you are out of school
Originally Posted by StockAlero00 @ Jul 1 2005, 11:15 PM
If I did went to college...

b-spot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #3
AftermathAlero
V.I.P. Member

AftermathAlero is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AftermathAlero
sounds like ur battery is dying, if its still the original. Or bad connections. On a weak battery or charging system, it can make electronics do funny things.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:33 PM   #4
Matthewfinlay04

Well the problem seems to be gone for now. When I re-connected the negative side I checked the positive terminal just for giggles and it was a tad loose so possibly caused a dead spot? none the less I tighten both terminals back up real nice and tight and will see what happens. Go tomorrow to look at another car so we shall see