Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 03-31-2011, 03:20 PM   #1
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Out with the Old, In with the NEW!

In the midst of fabbing up the supercharger setup, and finishing the five speed swap, i've been doing some other things as well. Out goes the CF cowl hood and S&S headers, In comes the bubble hood and Doug Thorley custom headers!
old

old

NEW

NEW

NEW

old

NEW

NEW

NEW
Old 03-31-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
nice! i like the looks of that cowl hood.. only if i had the money for it!
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:27 PM   #3
billytheman1188
3500 DONE!

billytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond reputebillytheman1188 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to billytheman1188 Send a message via MSN to billytheman1188
NICE. I see the differences in the headers....yours obviously will flow better right? for the kind of set up you have.....how much did they run you if you dont mind me asking? I already have S&S headers but im curious as to how much the custom set cost.

Sorry i haven't got a hold of you with the address for the hood.... i just got a job at a detailing shop....some family friends are starting it so im gonna get the address of the shop and have it shipped there. I will get it tomorrow and PM you. Cant wait to get that hood on my car!!!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:31 PM   #4
kwhauck
2Screwy

kwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond reputekwhauck has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by billytheman1188 View Post
NICE. I see the differences in the headers....yours obviously will flow better right? for the kind of set up you have.....how much did they run you if you dont mind me asking? I already have S&S headers but im curious as to how much the custom set cost.

Sorry i haven't got a hold of you with the address for the hood.... i just got a job at a detailing shop....some family friends are starting it so im gonna get the address of the shop and have it shipped there. I will get it tomorrow and PM you. Cant wait to get that hood on my car!!!

There were only two sets produced for the aztek pace cars, the manifolds will fit for sure, test fitting will tell me if the down pipe and crossover pipe need to be modified. theoretically they should flow better, who knows though, but they do have a 2.5 crossover like the new MMS headers, and when they collect down before the cat it jumps to 3" so they should work for me well.

Just let me know about the address and its ready to go!
Old 03-31-2011, 03:45 PM   #5
spc2125
GLS member

spc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond reputespc2125 has a reputation beyond repute
pencil on windshield
Check out my alero!
Aleromod Showcase Video
spc2125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:52 PM   #6
2fst4u
[boosted 2.4L]

2fst4u is an unknown quantity at this point
any talks of selling the cf hood?
2fst4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #7
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fst4u View Post
any talks of selling the cf hood?

yes, it's sold to billytheman...
Old 03-31-2011, 10:00 PM   #8
03Sleepr
Premier V.I.P. Member

03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute03Sleepr has a reputation beyond repute
that new hood makes the cowl look terrible IMO..

do you plan on selling the S&S headers too?
03Sleepr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 10:24 PM   #9
AZFire316
GL Member

AZFire316 is on a distinguished road
Appearance wise, I like the 1st hood better.
AZFire316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:53 PM   #10
kwhauck
2Screwy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03Sleepr View Post
that new hood makes the cowl look terrible IMO..

do you plan on selling the S&S headers too?

already sold........funny thing they gained value sitting in my garage for three months.....
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 AM   #11
JoshGentry
GL Member

JoshGentry is an unknown quantity at this point
Looks nice. I personally like the first, but it's not my car. How was the fitment on your new one?
Old 04-04-2011, 09:37 AM   #12
kwhauck
2Screwy

Good, there is another thread with a full review on the hood...
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 AM   #13
black
Thread Crapper

black is on a distinguished road
looks like fun!!! :beer:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ttop191 View Post
I now know how to chronically please rectums
black is offline   Reply With Quote