Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > LA1 3400 Specific

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-03-2014, 10:50 PM   #1
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Exclamation fuel delivery question.

Okay I dont need the talk saying I shouldn't be going this fast blah blah blah. Just give me insight. I dont care to here im breaking the law and other crap.

Anyway, heres the story.

So lets say my gas gauge is showing between 1/4 tank and half. I have a walbro fuel pump as well. But anyway. Say doing 45 mph, im in second gear. Around 5000 rpm. I floor it, grab third, 4th etc.... well at about 110 mph. The car bogs down real bad and loses its power.

Now if the gas gauge shows me a 1/4 tank or less it will bog a little after 80 mph. Now add 20 bucks in gas (5.5 gallons) shoots me up over 3/4 tank, car will keep its power to 130+mph. Basically over half a tank car runs fine. Under half, depending how much, the earliest it bogs is 80mph.

So whats the deal here? I run 89 octane right now, (mid grade) do I need to shoot up to premium and do a little re tune to compensate for the new fuel? MMGT1 tuned the car, he did an awesome job. Its a strong car. The fuel pump is basically new, like 3 months old or so. Everything is wired correctly. No weird noises from pump, is it just the way the tank and fuel.pump is? The way I see it the tank isnt very big (height wise) so im thinking that at a certain point deoending on how many gallons in the tank, the fuel is being pushed to the back of the tank, and the pump is towards the front of the tank. So is the fuel being dragged to the back and somewhat starving the pump? But once near full or a little under the pump is being basically fully submerged so it doesnt starve it.....

Do I need to think about bigger injectors? Im at a loss really once im under half a tank of gas. Any input would be great.
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote