Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Main Forums > Aleromod.com Showcase

Old 05-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #1
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Papa Rad17 is on a distinguished road
Cool The new ho

Traded the mustang for this on 4-22-14. Its been awesome so far, im very happy to be back. Only a little rust on the drivers quarter panel and a couple dents, otherwise very clean. Its an 02 2.2 5sp. As an added suprize In the cover of the owners manual I found the original sales papers for it! One less thing to worry about it also got the disk brakes on the rear. The little things are pretty well done now, you can hardly see in the picture but the headlights are LED wrapped and the turn signals are also wrapped with amber ones. The brakes lights were moved to the trunk and turn signal up to the old brake light spot. Things to expect in the near future- pacesetter exhaust headers to tips, strut tower bars, front strut mounts/lowering springs/pretty much complete suspension overhaul. I just have to find a headunit I like then that will go in, I still have the install kit, amp, and alpine type r's from old one so that will be very soon. Window tint, remove the door trim, and led side mirror turn signals. Then some nice rims and one day a stage 3 supercharged set up.
The black sunfire next to it is my roommates 98 gt 2.4 5sp, also a work in progress.
Papa Rad17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 02:58 PM   #2
Shiwnath
15.65 @ 87.3 MPH

Shiwnath is on a distinguished road
Damn thats clean man! IMO that steering wheel isn't worth losing Airbags, the horn or the cruise control. Not a fan of the LED strips on the headlights either. I've never seen an Alero that has traction control with crank windows... Weird.

You should find a nice M62 kit and cam this beast!

Hit a dear! Back to stock 3400... For now
Shiwnath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #3
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

The trac control and the disk brakes are very weird to have on it, but nice none the less. Cruise control is mounted on the hub, works perfectly.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #4
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
Not bad at all. I agree with Shiwnath, the steering wheel isn't worth it.

Other than that, get 5 spokes or Bullitts for it.
1996 Infiniti G20
1993 Chevrolet Lumina Z34
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Nas Escobar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:18 PM   #5
Oldsnut
Aleromod Old Fart & Owner

Oldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond reputeOldsnut has a reputation beyond repute
X3 on the steering wheel but overall the car looks great!

Final 500 #448-OCA Preservation Class Winner, Final 500 Alero #219, '02 Bravada
I am officially addicted to Olds

Oldsnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 12:59 AM   #6
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Thank you all. The wheels are aligned right but when I got it the steering wheel was about 50 degrees to the left. I had got that for the mustang and never got around to it so I figured why not. It certainly looks better but yes, I just hope I dont have regret not having the airbag one day.
Old 05-11-2014, 01:59 AM   #7
Nas Escobar
GLS member

Nas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond reputeNas Escobar has a reputation beyond repute
My personal gripe isn't with the airbag, it's moreso with the spokes of the wheel. If it was a classic Grant one, I would probably have liked it.

Something like this would have looked better.

BTW, how hard is it to swap steering wheels? I want to do that to my 94 Cutlass.
1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-11-2014, 02:13 AM   #8
sleepyalero
GLS member

sleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond reputesleepyalero has a reputation beyond repute
Classic wheel on an alero? Ehh no thanks. I think if he had racing seats that were red/black the steering wheel would look better and not so out of place.

Imo the steering wheel isnt bad. Once/if he does things to help compliment the wheel it should be more "tasteful"
Oldsnut is my Hero!
Meet Destiny, shes a 2001 Oldsmobile Alero GLS, F40 6MT swap. (#2 of 3)
2/24/14 - 200,000 miles body/motor. 22,300 on F40.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsnut View Post
He would Plasti Dip his pecker if he could.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipnitty View Post
A girl touched my Pee Pee. So you can say things are getting pretty serious for me.
sleepyalero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 03:48 AM   #9
Nas Escobar
GLS member

I guess to me it's just too flat. I don't really like flat wheels unless they're woodgrain. Those styles look better to me flat, but it would be ridiculous to put that into an Alero.

1996 Infiniti G20
1989 Buick Regal Limited
Old 05-11-2014, 04:13 PM   #10
fisdad
I do what I want to Sheep & Goats

fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad fisdad
Agreed on the steering wheel. Otherwise she looks like a good base to start from. Nip that rust before it eats the entire car though!
My screen name should be changed to Jizzdaddy. I was anally raped by flying monkeys and loved it. I promise to never threaten anyones daughters again because I know it will result in my ahoe being severely widened. - Did Andy just say that he wants to fk my ahoe... ewww. Sorry old man, but you're not my type.
fisdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 08:32 PM   #11
kinkyredalero
GX Member

kinkyredalero is on a distinguished road
Im jealous as f*ck.....

But great looking ride man, keep us updated!
Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 PM   #12
03glgold
GLS member

03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute03glgold has a reputation beyond repute
besides thinking the factory steering wheel is better and not being sure whether or not i like the black spoiler, it is a nice car
03glgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:57 AM   #13
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Next time you are in Vincennes, you'll have to come by and check out my little bro's corvette
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:36 PM   #14
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavaliers60 View Post
Next time you are in Vincennes, you'll have to come by and check out my little bro's corvette

I live in Vincenes since may of last year.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:02 PM   #15
cavaliers60
Captain Funpark

cavaliers60 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to cavaliers60 Send a message via MSN to cavaliers60 Send a message via Yahoo to cavaliers60
Ah I thought you were just here for school. Hit me up sometime. I'll pm you my number.
cavaliers60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:44 PM   #16
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Looks clean man. Just need to get that spoiler painted and it will be good imo. Not a huge fan of the LED wrap either. I would've gone just all the way along the bottom if it was me, but other than that man it looks good.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #17
tw0123
OSV coming soon!!!!!

tw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond reputetw0123 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by That01Olds View Post
Looks clean man. Just need to get that spoiler painted and it will be good imo. Not a huge fan of the LED wrap either. I would've gone just all the way along the bottom if it was me, but other than that man it looks good.

Lol the spoiler is painted! As for your suggestion on the led lights that's what I did on mine too bad I used cheap Chinese led strips and sections of them no longer work and I'm too lazy to pull them apart to fix them!

It's a nice start papa! If you're going for the red and black theme I'd be tempted to paint the rocker covers black to tie in the spoiler....

Misty: 3400, S&S headers, TCE 65mm TB, CAI, 180* TStat, Milzy motor & tranny mount, 18" BOSS 328 & much more... going osv!!
Silver: 2.4L, 5 speed, GAGT seats, front & rear STB's, all red tails, led headlights, Magnaflow muffler, Milzy Motor mount, WAI, Cosmo short shifter; sold n missed
Tequila: 2.4L, GA interior swap, scrapped...
tw0123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:03 PM   #18
Papa Rad17
Premier V.I.P. Member

Im thinking maybe black fender stripes maybe. razzi skirts for sure might go black with those. and red and black racing seats. we'll see what else comes along. The leds will look better once the hids are in there I think. still a lot to do...
Old 05-14-2014, 08:06 PM   #19
That01Olds
GLS member

That01Olds is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw0123 View Post
Lol the spoiler is painted! As for your suggestion on the led lights that's what I did on mine too bad I used cheap Chinese led strips and sections of them no longer work and I'm too lazy to pull them apart to fix them!

It's a nice start papa! If you're going for the red and black theme I'd be tempted to paint the rocker covers black to tie in the spoiler....

Lol I meant painted to match the color of the car . That was my bad I should've clarified that lol and I knew I had seen them like that somewhere before. I could even see the picture in my head, but I couldn't remember who had done it. Now that you said it was you it all came back to me and I remember after seeing how you did yours I really liked the way it looked. So I still stand by that suggestion cause it did look sweet on your car. It's a shame that sections of them stopped working. You definitely need to get on fixing that sometime soon man. I feel ya on the being lazy part though lol.
2005 Mazda6 S Wagon 3.0L V6 (MZI) (Sold).
2013 Mazda3 i Touring Sedan 2.0L I4 (Skyactiv-G) (Sold).
2010 Chevrolet HHR LT 2.2L I4 (LE8) (Sold).
1999 Oldsmobile Intrigue GX 3.5L Twin Cam V6 (LX5) (Sold).
2001 Oldsmobile Alero GL 2.4L (LD9) (Sold).
That01Olds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 08:47 PM   #20
Vic28
GL Member

Vic28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Vic28
Nice to find another 5speed on the forums.

But my S/C lol..