Aleromod.com Aleromod.com

Go Back   Aleromod.com > Performance Related > General Performance

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-22-2011, 12:08 AM   #1
the_weber
GL Member

the_weber is on a distinguished road
00' Alero

Just got my alero a few weeks back and Have been doing research. I've done some searching and some reading on here but I still have questions.

I'm running the 2.4L and I'm still trying to figure out which transmission is in it.

The thing is a little sluggish shifting if I floor it. It will hit 7000 RPMs no problem and still not shift, which is not good. I let it dies down a little earlier than that and when it is 5000 I push the gas again and it usually shifts. Why is that? It only seems to do it when I start my run so maybe 1st and second gear. Any help would be nice? I didnt flush the system when I changed the tranny fluid and filter because the fluid inside was still pretty clean.

I am considering swapping the secret cams from the 2.3L. How hard is it to do? Will i need to remove the engine? Stupid question I know but I'm not sure if this a DOHC engine or not.

Do headers (dyno tested preferablly) have a very large HP/torque boost?

WAI/CAI? Which is better, I personally think a CAI makes more sense but dyno tests don't lie.

different throttle body worth it?

What are some other ways I can make this faster that is actually going to work. Don't have the money to do forced induction so that is out of the question.

I know this is a lot for my first post lol but I did as much research as a could on my own before coming back for the post.

Thanks

Also I should point out that as far as passing emissions that is not a problem where I live. No emissions testign FTW

Last edited by the_weber : 04-22-2011 at 12:27 AM.
the_weber is offline   Reply With Quote